SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you enjoying your heart transplant?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
cup

Are you enjoying your heart transplant?

I am sure you know this verse. Jer. 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Well this was true under the Old Covenant but now under The New Covenant this is a lie for true Christians.

Jer. 31:31-32, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"

Ezek. 11:19, "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:"

Ezek. 36:26-27, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The word heart is not referring to the organ in your body that pumps blood but the very core of your being and the essence of your existence. It is the source of life. You do not really have a heart that is independent from you - NO - the heart is YOU.

The heart was so vile, so evil and so wicked the ONLY POSSIBLE solution was to replace the defective heart with a brand new holy heart. Even God could nor repair or fix the old heart. It had to be replaced.

You can clearly see here that He removes - takes away the old heart and then replaces it with a new heart. This is a heart transplant. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have two hearts at the same time. Now the question is - when does this happen? It happens when we become a believer, a true Christian, and when we receive Christ.

The bible makes it clear that when we receive Christ we are translated from the kingdom of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of light, we receive the Holy Spirit, and we become a NEW creation - the old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

In order for a person to be saved, then, the heart must be exchanged. This only happens by the power of God in response to faith. "With the heart one believes unto righteousness". When we receive the person and LIFE of Christ all of these things take place instantly.

Acts 11:17-18, "Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

Acts 15:8-11, " And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying - (cleansing) their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

Acts 2:41, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

So we know that on the day of Pentecost about 3,000 people received Christ - the living Word and had their hearts cleansed by faith.

So the truth is that your heart was totally cleansed and replaced the second you received HIM! "God gave you the like GIFT at that time".

Romans 6 makes it very clear that our old self was crucified and buried with Christ and now we have Christ's LIFE within us. We have died are NOW - this very second - freed from sin.

Now I bet that your present Christian experience does not match these biblical facts. The reason for this is just because God has already given you a new heart does not mean that you automatically experience the results.

One reason we do not experience the new heart is we have been taught lies by teachers and preachers telling us that our heart is still dirty and unclean and then they give principles to follow, formulas to embrace and steps to take to get a clean heart.

So we have believed an evil report just as 99% of the children of Israel did when they rejected God's truth and refused to enter the promised land.

Look at all the lies you were taught all your Christian life. Jesus might live in your heart someday but Christ Jesus is certainly not your only life. Oh no. You also have an evil life that is not Christ at all. And you yourself, by your own human ability (with God's help, wink, wink) must put your own life to the death of the cross so that someday, someday and far away, you can see Jesus (though He will never be your life). This is the lie and the curse, spoken all through Christian "theology".

Basically, we are trying to get what we already have in Christ. We are trying to get into a room that they are already in. We are striving to improve themselves instead of resting in the power of His resurrection life. If we understood what the Bible declares to be true, then there is no self to improve. For a "dead man" can't be improved. "You are dead, and Christ is your life..." (Col. 3:3-4). God doesn't want improved nor recommitted people. He wants dead people. Why? You can't be raised with Christ if you are not dead.

The way for the Spirit's transforming power to be activated in us is by simply believing what God says instead of striving to become who we already are. Once we lay hold of the truth, the Truth (Jesus) will lay hold of us and by His Holy Spirit transform us into the new persons we already are, thereby causing us to spontaneously manifest righteousness.

The other reason we do not experience our new heart is when we look at our actions, thoughts and deeds we see that they are completely contrary to the truth of God's word. So it appears to us that we do have a dirty and sinful heart after all. Now these appearances do NOT change God's truth concerning you. How could God's truth be changed?

Rom. 3:3-4, "For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

So what is the answer to this? Simply believe God and take Him at His word.

Rom. 14:23, "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

2 Cor. 5:7, "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"

Gal. 2:16, "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

So right now this VERY SECOND are you going to believe God disregarding all you may feel, think, your present experience and circumstances that appear to be contrary to the truth?

Unbelief is more that just not believing. Unbelief is believing a lie instead of the truth. The problem with unbelief is that you do believe a lie instead of the truth. You have embraced an evil report. Either you believe the lie or you believe God's never changing truth. There is no other option available to you.

Gal. 5:1. "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Christ has already set you free but you must stand fast in believing that fact no matter what you experience. Why not start now? If you do not chose to believe this NOW you are in a state of unbelief.

2019/7/1 10:10Profile
Edwards

Northeast Ohio

Re: Are you enjoying your heart transplant?

Are you saying that the Christian no longer has remaining sin in them after they are come to Christ?

2019/7/1 21:40Profile
cup

Re: Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from - sin But now being made free from sin,

Look at what the Word of Gods says.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2019/7/2 5:10Profile
cup

Re: Our body is indwelt by God Himself - We are His HOLY temple

There is NOTHING wrong with our physical body.

1 Cor. 6:19-20, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

You are now indwelt by God Himself and He owns you.

2019/7/2 8:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Vern- why can’t you answer Bob’s simple question with a yes or no answer?

2019/7/2 8:49Profile
cup

Re: The Christian no longer has remaining sin in them after they are come to Christ

God says no and I agree with Him.

Acts 11:9, "But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common (unclean)."

Now a Christian can sin but this sin is NOT the result or caused by his physical body or a unclean heart.

Are you going to agree with God's word or not?

2019/7/2 10:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I appreciate your response now because you have answered the question.

If your first response would have been “No, and here’s why” and then laid out the scriptural case it would have been more effective than just answering with a bunch of scriptures.

But I must ask from whence does sin spring if not from the heart or body (the brain is part of the body). Nothing truly springs from the heart because the heart is a pump and nothing else. Desires do not truly spring from the heart, but rather the brain.

2019/7/2 12:22Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Are you enjoying your heart transplant?

This is a nice sentiment but the emphasis being placed upon it isn't true Vern.

The prophecies you mentioned are all promises to Israel.
I know Christendom uses those verses to point to the new life we have, but they are taken out of context every time they quote them.

The Ezekiel 11 verse goes on to say
Ezekiel 11:21
[21]But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.
So it's still possible for a man to turn their back and listen to the evil in their own heart.

This verse I've quoted above is also a prophecy that will take place in the future.

Another verse in the same collection of prophecies you have mentioned says : There shall be no need for a man to say to his brother Know the Lord, for they shall all know me. This clearly hasn't taken place and neither has the complete doing away of our carnal nature.

This does away with your teaching for the use of the verse that says the heart of man is deceitful above all things.

I believe what you say denies others the chance to enter fully into repentance. Where there is a closer walk with Christ to enter fully into. And of which there is great joy in heaven over one man who repents. And you're denying that there is a narrow way or a highway of holiness by the teaching that sin isn't anything for us to come against or to deny. To deny our self life and take up our cross daily.

I know you're coming at things from the angle of grace. But you are over emphasizing it. It's good for us to be made aware of grace though.

We are told to guard our hearts and watch over them.

Paul said we are still being saved and that our salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. We've still got to be aware. It's not all over yet.

2019/7/2 13:16Profile
cup

Re:

The promise made to Abraham includes everyone. We are all spiritual Israelite's when we received Christ.

Yes we are saved by Grace through faith and it is not over. We continue to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a never ending discovery of Christ and the Love of God.

We are NOW one with Christ - no person can have two natures at the same time. We are now partakers of HIS divine nature.

We do not have a carnal nature but if you do not believe that you need to repent and take God at his word.

2019/7/2 14:35Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I at one time discovered the walk of grace and I believed I had found the complete answer to overcoming all sin... But the Lord drew me out of it. It concerned me greatly but He showed me the other side of the Christian life

Where Jesus said Strive to enter the narrow gate. He showed me this. Your teaching doesn't speak on this.

2019/7/2 15:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy