SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Do you believe this?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Do you believe this?

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25,26

2019/6/15 19:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Do you believe this?

I believe it! and also believe all these scriptures.

"And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."
– 1 John 5:11

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."
– John 5:24

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
– John 3:16

"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."
– John 6:51

"And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."
– 1 John 5:20

"The afflicted will eat and be satisfied; those who seek Him will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever!"
– Psalm 22:26

"The LORD knows the days of the blameless, and their inheritance will be forever."
– Psalm 37:18

"Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
– Psalm 23:6

"But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, for He will receive me."
– Psalm 49:15

"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"
– 1 Corinthians 15:55

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?""
– John 11:25-26

"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."
– John 6:27

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."
– John 10:27-28

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.
– John 4:14

2019/6/16 10:09Profile
Sree

Re: Do you believe this?

Quote:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25,26

Yes I do believe, with proper interpretation of this scripture in line with rest of them. I do not just hold one scripture and ignore rest.

The first death here represents Physical death. The 2nd death here presents Spiritual death. A believer will die physical death without any exception but will not die spiritually. Spiritual death is separation from God. So a believer will not be separated from God by any known sin both in this life and in eternity. This is the true interpretation.

So to paraphrase what Jesus said - He who believes in Me will have a continuous fellowship with God, even though he dies physically. And everyone who has this unbroken fellowship with God and believes in Me will never have this fellowship broken for eternity.

Eternal life is to know God (John 17:3), it is not to live forever. Even in Hell people live forever. Eternal life is a life we live with continuous fellowship with God. It starts from the time a person believes and lasts to eternity.

2019/6/17 9:59Profile
savannah

Re: Eternal Life

Sree,

You say,

"It starts from the time a person believes and lasts to eternity."

--------------

I agree!

Yet there are those who do not believe this.

The eternal life that they believe in, can become an eternal death (separation).

That kind of eternal life is not the eternal life Jesus has in mind at all.

Just as when Jesus answered the disciples question, "who then can be saved?", this way, "With men it is impossible, but with God nothing is impossible." So it is impossible that the Eternal Life of which Jesus speaks is any less than Eternal Life.

Even as you've said Sree, "It starts from the time a person believes and lasts to eternity."

Soli Deo Gloria

2019/6/17 11:09Profile
savannah

Re: no second death

Sree said,

"The first death here represents Physical death. The 2nd death here presents Spiritual death. A believer will die physical death without any exception but will not die spiritually. Spiritual death is separation from God. So a believer will not be separated from God by any known sin both in this life and in eternity. This is the true interpretation."

I agree that,"This is the true interpretation."

But as I said in my previous post, there are some here on SI that don't believe this.

As is evident from a couple of the posters of the thread on suicide which was just locked.

From what I read in their responses, they'd hold to the governmental view of the atonement also known as the moral government theory.

Among other things that this false theology teaches, is that man is born morally neutral and his moral character is determined by his choices.

This theology distorts the doctrines of sin, justification, and the Atonement. It cannot but do so seeing that it begins with an erroneous view of the nature of man and the nature of God.

2019/6/20 23:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy