SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Does God really love me?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Wallpaper

Re:

Yes. I can't even say, "Yes, but..." That's why I don't understand His silence for so many years now.

2019/6/11 21:03Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

If you truly believe what He said that means you as well. Don't trust in your feelings; take Jesus at His word. For some years I did not know if I was accepted by Christ, until I said "Lord, you said You will not reject me, so in spite of my feelings, I choose to believe You."

2019/6/11 21:16Profile
NoahJD83

Re:

That's truly weird Wallpaper. Because I was learning and reading the main problem that people face when trying to get close to God is a wrong understanding of him or deep hurts, etc.

I mean. I don't think you should question your salvation though. I mean if you believe God's word and respect Him (and repent and love him too), he loves you. He loves people because he created them to enjoy them as his children (in righteousness of course, that where sin hurts the situation). And he created his creatures for them to enjoy Him back. And its very much enjoyable to spend time with God communing, worshiping, praying, reading. Its just that isolation tends to really hurt that situation.

That's odd you can't connect with him though. But his word sure talks about his love for us.

Just look at this verse:

"Opening his mouth, Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and works righteousness is welcome to Him." Acts 10:34-35

Do you think you qualify for this promise? it sounds like you do...

Another thing that can be said though is that the leaders in the church are the "dealers of the oil" so to speak:

““The foolish said to the prudent, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ “But the prudent answered, ‘No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’” (Matthew 25:8–9, NASB95)

If you are not in a good church, and submitted, and getting at least some fellowship-- I would think that could really cause a blockage between you and God. I mean I don't know. Surely their are examples of people who feel the Spirit alone. But everyone is different and its up to the individual person to figure out what is the next step God wants them to take to move forward with God. etc

2019/6/11 22:55Profile
NoahJD83

Re:

also Wallpaper. If you email me I will give you my phone number. also i can maybe 3 way call my pastor if you want to chat us three and we can also pray over the phone

2019/6/11 23:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Wallpaper,

Do you know what Simon Peter's first prayer was?

After Jesus performed a miracle (directed squarely at him), Peter realized who was standing in his boat. This was God in the form of a man standing in his boat. Peter fell to Jesus's knees and said:

"Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord."

What was the Lord's response?

He looked at Peter and his first words were "Fear not" (Luke 5:4-10).

Brother, all that I can tell you is that you should fear not. Jesus is close to those who are brokenhearted. As "drifter" said, the Lord will not turn you away when you come to him.

No matter what you've struggled with in your life, the Lord has always been there...always looking at you...always longing to hold you in his arms. He has always been saying to you (whether you heard him or not), "Do not be afraid."

This promise of God's longing love is for all -- seemingly big or small, seemingly important or not.

I am glad that you've studied God's Word and listened to ministers. However, right now, think about another man from the Bible: David.

David is one of the great heroes of the Bible. When Saul would feel torment from an evil spirit, a young David would play his harp and Saul would be "refreshed." He slew a lion and a bear to save his father's sheep. He killed Goliath the Philistine. He united Israel and Judah and chased out invaders. David was amazing.

Yet, this mighty man also had a weakness. David fell into sin.

In II Samuel 11, we read about this journey into sin. David fell to lust...adultery...a cover-up...and murder...and marrying this wife of the man that he had killed. That man, Uriah the Hittite, was one of his "mighty men" (I Chronicles 11:26-47).

Compared to his predecessor, King Saul, David's sin seems to be much worse. Saul had grown proud and didn't do all of the things that God had instructed him. He saved the enemy's animals (which were supposed to be killed) in order to use them for sacrifice.

David, on the other hand, had went down a journey of sin. In fact, we next read about how Nathan came to King David and confronted him over that sin.

What was David's response?

Whereas Saul (after he was confronted with his own sin) requested that Samuel the prophet worship with him so he could remain honored in front of the people, David was different. In brokenness, David cried out to God.

While II Samuel 12:13 says that David admitted his sin to Nathan the prophet, we read of David's cry elsewhere.

Psalm 51 is David's cry.

He cried out for God to have mercy upon him and blot out his transgressions. He cried out for God to create a clean heart in him and to renew a right spirit within him. He cried out for the "joy of thy salvation" to be restored to him.

Whereas King Saul wanted to use animals for sacrifice, David knew that the sacrifices that God desires are a "broken spirit...and broken and contrite heart." Like the passage that drifter mentioned, David knew that God would not despise a broken and contrite man who comes to him.

God heard David's cry.

Hundreds of years later, when Jerusalem was in danger of being invaded, another king cried out to God. King Hezekiah cried out for God to save the city. God answered through Isaiah the prophet. He said, "For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake" (Isaiah 37:35).

It had been hundreds of years after David's grievous sins. David was long dead. Yet, God still thought so highly of David -- a "man after his own heart" -- that he said that he would defend the city for his own sake and "for my servant David's sake." Even when Jesus walked on the Earth, he wasn't called the "son of Abraham" or "son of Moses." He was called the "son of David."

Brother, God sees you. He is close to you -- near to you -- even when you don't feel it or know it. He longs to spiritually embrace you and has no desire to cast you out.

You are as important in the eyes of the Lord -- who has no favorites -- as Simon Peter and David.

You are not a loser either. There are no lost causes in the world. You don't have a college degree? So what? You don't have a good job, friends, money, cars, etc?

Paul the Apostle once seemed to have it all. He had an education, a calling, a pedigree. Yet, he knew that it was nothing more than dung (Philippians 3:8). After all, the dust of this world is fleeting.

If you lived to be 120-years-old, it still wouldn't be worth comparing with just the beginning of eternity. The sorrows and loneliness of this temporary life will be forgotten as God wipes every tear...sorrow...crying...and pain from our thoughts.

Friend (and, yes, you are a friend), let me encourage you: Trust in God. Yeah, I know that this is easier said than done. That's why it is called "faith." Simply put: Believe him. Believe God. That will heal you...make you whole again...even when you feel empty.

Right now, I would encourage you to spend some time in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John) and time in prayer.

Read the Word so that the Lord can speak to you. After all, God knew you even 2000 years ago when he spoke all of those words printed in red. Pray to simply talk to him. My favorite way to do this is to lay on my bed, put a pillow over my face and cry out to him after (and sometimes even while I read the Word).

I will be praying for you right now.

2019/6/11 23:46Profile
gt768

Re:

Wallpaper, Taking you at your word it sounds like you are on the right track except for questioning whether God loves you. If you are indeed seeking Him with your whole heart and staying as faithful as you can be to His Word, then you are in His love.

John 14:21- "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Maybe He hasn't manifested Himself to you in the way you had hoped or in the timing you thought, but in light of what He has promised stay faithful and trust Him anyways.

Have you considered that maybe your life has changed and that the notable things He has done for others are things that He has not seen necessary to do for you? Have you considered that maybe His silence is a test and you are being tried as to whether you'll be faithful and serve Him even if He stays silent for a long time, never does anything remarkable for you for a long time, never gives you feelings of love, acceptance, etc for a long time? Maybe you're seeking an answer that isn't there and that you really don't need.

It is important that you find a faithful church to join and serve in. Yet you can't compromise truth and join something that you know is unbiblical. But keep looking and praying for a fellowship that faithfully represents the faith once delivered to the saints which you can join wholeheartedly with a clear conscience.

Lean on His promises and let the hope of what He has promised keep you faithful to do His will. You sure won't be ashamed of doing so on Judgment Day. Any revelation of Himself to you in a special way, or any extraordinary mercy to you, that should happen before that would just be a bonus.

Job 35:14- "Although thou sayest thou shalt not see him, yet judgment is before him; therefore trust thou in him."

2019/6/12 0:51Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Does God really love me?

Your personal story sounds very familiar brother. I believe you were a member here under a different name before. Welcome back. I look forward to seeing your faith and hope restored.

Your past contributions were a blessing.

2019/6/12 2:14Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

How did you make a commitment to follow the Lord ? Did you ever experience his spirit leading you to do anything after that ?

Sometimes the Lord can say things to us and we may not realize the importance at the time. We are all learning.

2019/6/12 12:36Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

I'm sorry my question was to the original poster, Wallpaper

2019/6/12 20:14Profile
NoahJD83

Re:

Wallpaper. I was listening to an audio book I got on audible:

Bondage Breaker - Overcoming Negative Thoughts, Irrational Feelings, Habitual Sins by Neil Anderson.

It made me think of you. I will gift it to you if you can't afford it. otherwise, I think you get your first audible book free on audible. The narrator is good too.

Neil T Anderson is also on sermonindex.net

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=614

2019/6/13 19:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy