SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What attracts you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PastorSteve2

Ontario, Canada

Re:

I will jump in for a quick second.

1) The sermon series, has not been disclosed at this point.
2) The question is specific. I want to read comments such as dedication to Christ, Spirit driven, transparent, A Christ centered focus. NOT - what attracts me on a selfish basis.
3) Lastly, the question what attracts you to fellowship with others -who is it you associate with in your Christian walk and why? Not how to attract people to church. That is lame and has no bearing on the question.

Once again, thank you to everyone for your time.

S

2019/6/6 11:41Profile
Elibeth

Re: What attracts you?

Dear Brother,
as Gbile Akanni say,... and is so true,..
“The Opening Charge, Not I But Christ “
~~~~~~~~~~~
In man’s beginning w/ Christ, (an opening charge),.. there has to be death to self, in order to bring forth the true Life of Christ.
....and then the the Resurrected of Christ IN him.

Not an acasional death, but a beginning and continuing.

—————
elizabeth

2019/6/6 11:48Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I will jump in for a quick second.

1) The sermon series, has not been disclosed at this point.
2) The question is specific. I want to read comments such as dedication to Christ, Spirit driven, transparent, A Christ centered focus. NOT - what attracts me on a selfish basis.
3) Lastly, the question what attracts you to fellowship with others -who is it you associate with in your Christian walk and why? Not how to attract people to church. That is lame and has no bearing on the question.

Once again, thank you to everyone for your time.

Thank you for clarification. Again good points. I have already answered my views on 2nd point.

Regarding fellowship with others (3rd point), what I look for is,
1. Is there a love for Christ in the core believers in the fellowship. I do not check every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Church! I Only check those who form the core of the Church, do they love Jesus. They may not be perfect but are they willing to follow Jesus faithfully. In the Church of Jesus, the core was Peter, James and John. If I had to join that Church, I will observe these guys and their devotion for Christ. I will not observe Judas and then decide that the Church is worthless and full of thieves!
I have seen people leave fellowship because they did not like certain people in the Church. It is like those who left the Church of Jesus because of Judas! Who was at loss?

2. Are the bothers humble who form the core of the Church. If they are humble then there is a great hope even if they are not perfect.

3. Family values of the core of the Church. How strong their families are. How much importance they give to raise their Children in Godly ways etc.

2019/6/6 11:57Profile
PastorSteve2

Ontario, Canada

Re:

Amen Sree, thank you!

2019/6/6 18:27Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: What attracts you?

Hi Pastor Steve.

I know I probably sound like I'm playing a one string fiddle (I say this a lot) but if I walk into a church or go to a home fellowship/Bible study and cannot sense the presence of God there I'll make for the nearest door. All the theology can be right, the people can be loving and genuine, the preaching powerful, but if Jesus isn't there it's all for nothing.

2019/6/8 20:31Profile
PastorSteve2

Ontario, Canada

Re:

Thank you Nigel,

Praise God - and I would be right on your heels for the same exit. Thank you for the answer. Appreciate it.

Steve

2019/6/9 16:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy