SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Much activity but little relationship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Much activity but little relationship

"The great enemy to the Lord Jesus Christ in the present day is the conception of practical work that has not come from the New Testament, but from the systems of the world in which endless energy and activities are insisted upon, but no private life with God...The central thing about the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal relationship to Himself, not public usefulness to men." (0swald Chambers)

2019/5/30 9:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Much activity but little relationship

Tremendous quote and reality. This is worthy to meditate on and think about often. May we all grow in our intimate closer relationship to Jesus Chirst and let all work be a outflow of our abiding in Him.

2019/5/30 12:19Profile
docs

Re:

"We create businesses, churches, and ministries like little monkeys with God intentions to serve God. Like the monkey collecting money for the organ grinder, they are particularly good at collecting the money. The organization begins by obeying, but then one day begins to have a strength of its own. There is nothing wrong with growth as long as it remains instructed in righteousness. Although growth is good, this kind of success in ministry, whether numerical or material, is not the final issue. Success is not the standard of the kingdom; it is conformity to the will and wishes of the Father alone that establishes the validity of the created enterprise." (Bob Mumford - from "Dr. Frankenstein and World Systems")

doc: Bother Mumford once write a short (69 pages) but powerfully insightful book titled, "Dr. Frankenstein and World Systems." He relates how Dr. Frankenstein created a patchwork person and gave it life. The creation was docile and obedient and no problem. Yet one day the creation slid off of the laboratory table and began to exhibit a life and will of its own. Instead of just being a part of the laboratory it now wanted to rule the laboratory. Churches and ministries can start off well but yet at some point begin to exhibit a life and will of their own as the "system" they have become demands more and more time and begins to rule instead of serve. Thus more valuable energy to prop it up begins to be extended instead of focusing on the original purpose for which it was founded. That original purpose being to love their fellow man and extend the gospel. Inevitably, propping up the system and preserving it demands more and more time and activity and a relationship with the loving Father and seeking only His will becomes secondary.

2019/5/31 9:33Profile

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so NEITHER CAN YOU UNLESS YOU ABIDE IN ME. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full." JOHN 15:4-11 NASB

"Unless the LORD builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the LORD guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep." PSALM 127:1-2 NASB

Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” JOHN 6:28-29 NASB

Brethren - those who are truly born anew, having been baptized in the Holy Spirit - the great need is to cease any and all activity which is not the pure result of obedient, responsive faith, led by the Spirit Himself. Only as we learn to abide - patiently waiting upon the Lord, learning to be filled and walking by the power and guidance of His Spirit alone - will we see Christ more cohesively bind together and operate among the actual, one body of believing, trusting disciples.

Let us not give lip service, alone, to this truth and THE TRUTH. Step back, being willing to reexamine anything and everything you are involved with - even shunning associations and relationships with those who cannot expressly, honestly and confidently testify to the intimate, actively ongoing life of Christ's indwelling and guidance, in the Spirit's power. (see Romans 8:9-17 NASB; 1 Corinthians 4:19-20 NASB; Galatians 1:6-10+3:2-9 NASB) Then, be willing to deliberately, patiently, silently wait upon the Lord, letting the Head actually be the true Master of all we are and do. If we believe - I mean, REALLY BELIEVE Him! - we will let the type of spiritually functional, healthfully operating body develop in His time, His way, as illustrated in Ephesians 4:4-16 NASB, Romans 12-1-13 NASB, and 1 Corinthians 12:4-31 NASB.

Are you willing to trust there is no need - in fact, no benefit - to continuing your efforts to accomplish things which, at best, will burn up and profit nothing in the end? Rather, become truly spiritual, learn to abide and let God accomplish His actual, perfect will through those vessels willing to settle for nothing more or less than that. (see Philippians 1:6 NASB; 1 Corinthians 3:10-14 NASB)

I pray those with "ears to hear" will hear. Abide in and wait for the Lord, allowing Him to develop fruit-bearing, obedient disciples who walk by faith, in the power of the Holy Spirit alone! Ask God to connect and bind together pure hearted saints who will put aside all fleshly pride and activity, wanting to be found holy, ready to let the Spirit sow true unity, learning to walk in His power and gifts for the benefit of all the saints!

2019/5/31 14:54
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Yeah this one,... this is a place that has been a burden for quite a while now but never could “catch it”, no matter how much prayerful consideration, no matter how much patience, there just wasn’t enough clarity to resolve the image,...until one day there was-
Interestingly the next day you posted this by brother Chambers,... I so wanted to respond but wasn’t allowed. And only now after the “Frankenstein” post has a green light appeared, allowing this response-

The Lord has recently pressed upon me, that we have stopped seeking to please Him and instead seek to please the church- mistaking serving the church with serving Him...
In turn we look not to God, but the church to tell us we are doing good, maturing nicely and are well pleasing but you see we can excel at church service and yet never have met Him, much less know Him...
Interestingly the church is now made up of and influenced by local cultural biases more than direct revelation from God, meaning that even within the same denomination there can be vast differences (to the point of incompatibility) in doctrine from one region to the next yet they claim to hear from, serve and obey the same head which is Christ. So either what is or isn’t a sin is determined by what region/state you live in or these “churches” are literally Frankenstein’s ..... Ishmael’s birthed not by God but by man-
In the same way that what they require to be “pleased” varies from place to place, likewise their view of God, sin, heaven, hell, etc... also varies with little to no consistency. This is the result of cultural (secular/earthly) influences taking precedence over the culture of heaven (holiness). As a result of this “worldly influence” the churches position on issues changes with the prevailing cultural tides- and as such has lost any previously held authority to speak on behalf of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but they are quite capable of speaking for the “god of this world”.
There is a tactic that is being utilized by the enemy quite effectively to deceive/lead astray as many as possible and that is “controlled opposition” whereby the enemy gains control of an entity and after having openly perverted it will have one of its best and brightest stand up for Jesus in a seemingly courageous act of defiant faith, but is actually just playing a role so to speak as their life in no way represents Christ and it not only didn’t cost them to “stand up for Christ” amidst a system of corruption but in fact they gained position, benefiting from said action all while remaining not only in open sin but also in the same system that “opposes” Christ.

This one,... this knowledge, this vision is gonna get us in trouble with the
“Frankenstein Church” -
Several years ago brother Keith Daniels preached a sermon called
“Satans servants in Gods pulpits” which at the time (2012/13) seemed to be pushing the envelope however now has become so clearly evident so as to be considered prophecy, it’s worth a listen-

In any case, I’m thankful for you sharing this when you did as it was a distinct confirmation to me of something the Lord has been showing me that I have been very resistant to accepting...

2019/5/31 22:46Profile
Elibeth

Dear brothers,
I just watched / listened to this , .. and to me it is so appropriate for the discussion that you are having,
~~~~~~~

04 “The Ministers Call to a Warfare”
By Gbile Akanni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsc_Vi40Xw&feature=share

He really lays it bare,... truly encouraging to the truly hungry.
——————
elizabeth

2019/5/31 23:39Profile
Man0fG0d

Amen, this is true. So many mistake activity for relationship. We get so busy "working" for Jesus that we don't have time to spend with Him. Just like Martha who had the very Son of God in her presence but she was cumbered about with much serving.

Jesus said this type cometh not out but by prayer and fasting. It takes sacrifice and separation in order to build a relationship with God. As a result of prayerlessness the church today has replaced anointing with Charisma and ability.

The Bible says be strong in the Lord and in the power of HIS might, not ours. So many are strong in their talent, ability, memory, finances, but not in the Lord. Men preach messages that blow the mind, but fail to prick the heart.

The Scripture says the anointing destroys the yoke of bondage, not our opinion, traditions, ability to preach, sing, or even recite doctrine.

This is why Jesus was so powerful in His WALK, He prayed and obeyed.

Scripture says He rose up early in the morning to pray. It says again He prayed all night. It says again He went to the mountain to pray. He prayed in the Garden, He even prayed on the Cross.

The Lord expects His people to pray, thats why in Matthew 6 the Lord gave us an example and said WHEN you pray, not IF you pray.

In prayer we receive our vision and strength. This is why the devil tries to distract God's people. The more time we spend in prayer the more we get to know God, and the Bible says they that know their God will be strong and do exploits.

A powerful quote, thanks for sharing!

2019/6/1 13:57Profile
luka

Jos, Nigeria

Re:

Thanks everyone for sharing. May The Lord richly bless you all

2019/6/2 16:30Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: sister Elizabeth

Wow!
Thank you again for sharing brother Akanni’s message🙏🏻
This one was surprisingly refreshing and honestly should be required for seminary.
There is something about this mans word, his anointing.... it seems so unique- there is a quality present, a power so simple and direct so as to shatter the “non-reality” of our vain imaginings.
Perhaps this is what it looks like when someone actually dies to themselves,... unleavened bread-

In any case it is a joy and again, thank you for sharing:)

2019/6/3 7:24Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Brother Fletcher,
It is such a blessing to hear from you this morning, and to know these messages bring refreshing and encouragement to others as it truly does to me.

The Lord fill your day / life with His presents and blessings in Him,
——————
elizabeth

2019/6/3 8:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy