SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : steve Hill.. What have you found.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

steve Hill.. What have you found.

May 26th
What Have You Found
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, "We ought to obey God rather than men."
Acts 5:29

Scottish-born John Welch was a man devoted to prayer, and quite intimate with God. His ministry changed the eternal destiny of many. However, such meetings as he preached eventually became outlawed. Continuing to preach, refusing to submit to any other authority over the Church than Christ, Welch was soon incarcerated and exiled. Condemned of high treason for spreading the gospel, he wrote:

Who am I that He should first have called me and then constitute me a minister of the glad tidings of the gospel of salvation these years already, and now last of all, to be a sufferer for His cause and Kingdom?
In Welch's day, the government was attempting to control every aspect of the Church. Welch lived and was willing to die convinced of two things:

First, that Christ is the head of His church. Secondly, that she is free in her government from all other jurisdiction except Christ's. These two points are the special cause of our imprisonment.
Welch was anticipating losing his life over these two points. What an attitude! How many of us today are willing to lay down our lives with such a focused heart? Friend, hold fast to what you believe and do not be swayed by the opinions of others, for as Jesus said, "He that loseth his life for my sake shall find it" (Matthew 10:39).

Steve Hill

Numbers 35; Psalms 79
Isaiah 27; 1 John 5

2019/5/26 20:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy