SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The video on the front page of this website...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
k8cpa

Lincoln Park, Michigan

The video on the front page of this website...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1702&commentView=itemComments]Click here to see my comments on this video...[/url]

I agree and Disagree.

-Chuck :-)

2005/7/9 23:44Profile

Re: The video on the front page of this website...

Yes Leonard was an old, holiness, arminian preacher.

2005/7/10 0:28
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Personally chuck I don't agree with your assesment. He is not speaking two different viewpoints at all. Yes he did hold to an modified arminism like wesley and finney. The life of the man Leonard Ravenhill shows enough fruit for the kingdom of God. Dare I ask for your fruit brother Chuck?

2005/7/10 4:29Profile
k8cpa

Lincoln Park, Michigan

Re:

sorry Sir, Salvation is NOT of works or fruit. Only by the grace of God, through faith.

God Bless.

-Chuck

2005/7/10 6:18Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, but show me your faith without works and I'll show you my faith by my works. Abraham believed God, but how do we know he believed him? He OBEYED Him. Faith without works is a dead faith.

I like the book of James 8-)

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/7/10 9:00Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Salvation is by God, you cannot add or distract any of it. You are either saved or not.

The proces Ravenhill emphasizes on is sanctification. To become more and more holy.
Read 1 Tess 4:1-8 if you please.

The question we can ask ourselves is if Ravenhill would have praised the old pentacoastal movement if the people where like todays (in general).. Actually, would he have praised any being in such a church in the past? I doubt it.
Yes Ravenhill is a great speaker, and I really think he is God led. Can you point or quote any texts he spoke in his sermons that contradicted himself or the Bible?

I haven't noticed Ravenhill promote old style theology which a certain church would follow.
The things he say seems totally biblical.
Perhaps you found any?

I think that sermonindex point is this: (I might be wrong as I can't read minds :-P)
Is it possible for anyone who is not with God to have any fruits? Ravenhill seems to have alot fruit. And besides, I doubt that Ravenhill would dare to tell lies. That will get him in very very big trouble when he faces God.
Then again, he is a man and can still make errors.

2005/7/10 9:01Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Ravenhill basically felt like modern Christianity as a whole was heading toward chaos, including Pentacostals. He explained that it is basically modernism. The two movements that he explained had 'another Jesus' were the 'Jesus loves you' movement and the 'signs and miracles' movement. He asked if signs and miracles were the key then how was it that Judas fell? He also explained that the only thing the devil can't fake it a holy life. We don't have a lot of people laying themselves on the altar, everyone just wants a blessing before the football game, or before lunch. No one wants to carry their cross through the city.

We need revival.

2005/8/25 5:02Profile
k8cpa

Lincoln Park, Michigan

Re:

The problem with all that is, the young people in this country are attracted to the "Rock and Roll Christianity" type Christianity. with no seperation from the World, at all. In othr words, they want Christ, But they want him, on *thier* terms. Also, people are reading every modern perversion of the Bible under the Sun, Fact: Most of the historic revivals were done using the AV of the Bible, the KJV. and now KJV is disguarded as old, outdated and Antique.

It's Sad, But I'm afriad that revival is never going to happen. :-( :cry:

-Chuck

2005/8/25 6:01Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
It's Sad, But I'm afriad that revival is never going to happen.

Not for you when you say that.

2005/8/25 8:47Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Quote:
It's Sad, But I'm afriad that revival is never going to happen.

If it wasn't for the Light of God, coming into the darkness, because it is in accordance with His will, none of us would have ever been saved, period! Therefore revival will happen whether you or I pray for it or live for it. The Lord is not dependent on us, to fulfill His will. Where were His disciples when He went to calvary? So too, it will be in these last days, I believe all things are as the Lord commands.

John 17:12 While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

2005/8/25 9:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy