PosterThread
readyornot

We've Lost the Fear of the Lord

But when ye sin so against the brethren,
and wound their weak conscience,
ye sin against Christ. 1 Corinthians 8:12

Ye sin against Christ.
Those who by their example lead another beiever into sin,
is an action not only against that person, but also against Christ Himself.

Woe to that man, by whom the offence cometh. Matthew 18:7

Are you instrumental in placing sinful things before others?

It is good neither to eat meat,
nor drink wine,
nor "Anything"
whereby thy brother
stumble,
or is offended,
or is made weak. Romans 14:21

We need to remove from our lives any and all things that might lead others into temptation and sin in our families, our homes, our churches and ourselves.

Christian Love, for our brother or sister will abstain from what might cause another person by example to be led into sin.

Paul could say, Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1

Ye are witnesses,
and God also, ( WOW )
how holily and justly and unblameably
we behaved ourselves among you that believe. 1 Thess 2:10

Paul does not accept the view of sinning Christianity,
which says that the salvaiton provided by Christ and His atoning blood
is not adequate to save us from sin's bondage and power.

God's sufficient grace through Christ had enabled him, to purify himself from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2 Cor 7:1

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night

Seeing then, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God.
2 Peter 3

2019/5/23 20:33Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: We've Lost the Fear of the Lord

Thanks for this. It's a good reminder of the self control we must practice. Along with dying to the sins the Lord places on our hearts.

I remember at the Isle Of Lewis revival when a group of people were seen in great fear trembling on the road side and crying to God for mercy in the night.. Fear has been a big driving force in my life. I know it's a weapon the Lord uses in man's heart for repentance.

2019/5/24 5:29Profile
sherri2

Re: We've Lost the Fear of the Lord

David said: “Fear has been a big driving force in my life. I know it's a weapon the Lord uses in man's heart for repentance.”

Yes Brother, the fear of the Lord has taken hold of my heart and life.

Readyornot,
This is a good reminder for all of us. Perhaps we can do a study on “The Fear of the Lord”, what it is and what it is not?

A Brother recently stated that if we are truly abiding in Christ , our focus will be on Him alone. Apart from Jesus, we can do nothing, but through Jesus, we can do all things as He gives us strength. The “Joy” of the Lord is our strength. 2 My brethren, count it all “joy” when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces [a]patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be [b]perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4.

2019/5/24 10:37Profile
mynameisMark

Re:

I personally struggle with the concept of the fear of God, the love of God and how to hold them in tension.

If I meditate on the fear and punishment side of things, I certainly find myself afraid of the Lord, but loving him less, like one would fear a powerful but violent dictator.

Any thoughts or advice on how to think about this in the right way?

2019/5/24 11:33Profile
readyornot

Re:

Blessing!!! mynameisMark

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Phil 2:13

It's God's grace that works in His children to produce in us both the desire and power to do His will and is always dependent on our cooperation and response.

I am truly so miserable when God has placed his hand on something in my life, but peace and joy comes when I am obedient through the help of the Holy Spirit.

The spiritual conflict within us is the struggle to whether we will surrender to the sinful nature's and sin's control, or whether we will yield to the Spirit's demands.

Knowing how much he Loves us, its our deep love for him that moves us to fear the lord that says "No" to sin and to depart from evil. But when we stumble and fall again he is there to help us up again and bring us up out of our miry clay, when we call on Him.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:and these are contrary ( opposite directions ) the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

The Spirit is at war with the flesh and is truly why we are so miserable.

Only as we truly fear the Lord, fall in love with Him, will we be delivered from the slavery of sin,that kills steals and destroys us.

Every person at one time or another has perferred following his or her own selfih and sinful way to obeying God's righteous commandments, we are all guilty and therefore we all need Christ it die in our place.

ALL we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned ever one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6

And What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed?
for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Romans 6:21-22

We will fall and fall again, but thank you Lord for your grace and love and your power to help me to stand.

2019/5/25 20:34Profile
Sree

Re: MynameisMark

Quote:

I personally struggle with the concept of the fear of God, the love of God and how to hold them in tension.

If I meditate on the fear and punishment side of things, I certainly find myself afraid of the Lord, but loving him less, like one would fear a powerful but violent dictator.

Any thoughts or advice on how to think about this in the right way?

Very good observation brother. I am sure most of us would have felt this. I was reminded of the lines in Amazing grace hym.

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved.

Love of God teaches us to fear him. A fear that our actions may hurt the Loving God. Fear that his name will be blasphemed by our actions.

2019/5/26 10:43Profile
mynameisMark

Re:

Thank you Sree and readyornot for your helpful answers

2019/5/26 19:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy