SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Exorcism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
coops

Exorcism

I know this is a can of worms, but I really need a little help here...

Can anyone reccomend teaching on it?
I know there is "war on the saints", but the controversy on the forum about it has sort of turned me off... no one reached a conclusion...

So is there anything else? Or was a conclusion reached that I missed?

Thanks
David

2005/7/9 19:46Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Exorcism

Scripture is very clear that a born again believer has power over demons by way of the name of the Lord Jesus. More powerful demons may require prayer and fasting to be cast out. That's basically it. All the other stuff is a charade.

2005/7/9 20:22Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

[url=http://www.gospelpublishing.com/store/startitem.cfm?item=036470&cat=iDOCTRINE&mastercat=&path=iDOCTRINE]Power Encounter[/url] by Opal Reddin is a book I would encourage you to order. It handles issues like this very well.

2005/7/9 22:22Profile
Petertutu

Re; Exorcism A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. James 5:13-15 gives direction in this area. Unless that person holds onto one and despises the other.

2005/7/10 2:13Profile
Petertutu

A kingdome divided against itself cannot stand?James 5:13-15 gives direction in dealing with division. unless, of course that person holds onto the creature and despises the creator.

2005/7/10 2:21Profile
JakeforJesus

Dallas, Texas

Coops --- there long since has been a subtle teaching in the modern Church that we don't need to know any thing about the Devil.

However, I have never agreed with that.

I have over the years studied biblical demonology, and in counseling I have handled some cases in which people had seen to have shown signs that would seem to indicate they may have had demons. And that I had believed they did have a demon.

Any way, I would be happy to scripturally address any question you may have on this subject. If you have questions.

But you want to be careful with stuff like this.

I reminded of what C.S. Lewis said:

"If the Devil can't get you to ignore him, he will get you to focus on him."

I believe C. S. Lewis was right.

For either of which can lead to error.

2005/7/10 3:13Profile
dohzman

Re:

That's a good book and that was godly counsil. We should all give it a reading and in some cases re-reading.

2005/7/10 6:19Profile

Re: I went to a park once.....

....a preacher had asked for help setting up his tent in this downtown park in New England. So a friend of mine and I went down there. There were lots of street folks hanging around. Any activity is a curiosity to them.

The tent was already up when we arrived. There was this long haired guy who "zeroed" in on me as soon as I walked near him. He walked up to me in a kind of slow motion ballet. He said he was "Michael the Archangel" in one breath and "Beelzebulb" in the next. He acted as if he had a large sword in his hand and was attempting to thrust me through.

I simply reached out and layed my hand gently on his forehead and at almost a wisper spoke the name "Jesus" That guy collapsed in a heap. It is really hard to describe. He did not fall backward or forward. He simply collapsed. The guy with me looked at me with his jaw dropped.

To make a long story short, the man on the ground later got saved and went to street preaching.

On another occasion, this same friend of mine called me at 10 PM one night as asked me to meet him and others at the church. He said that this young woman needed a "demon" cast out. So I went. Waiting in the parking lot, I was gazing into a moonless night, and I could see "spirits" circling overhead.

The others arrived along with the "demonized" young woman and this guy who called himself a "prophet". They went in to the church building and sat this young woman in a chair. Then the "prophet" quickly took charge and instructed everyone to circle the young woman and join hands.

Most people began praying in a tongue while the "prophet" began a loud oration of shouting and slobbering. He would stop and break one of his hands free and stick his finger in his throat in an attempt to throw up. The poor young woman in the middle looked like an animal in shock as lions ripped apart it's flesh. It was so bizarre, that I broke free myself and left in horror.

Excorcism is a ministry that is misunderstood by most, since most are not called into it. We are all armed with the power to overcome any opposition by satan. We simply speak to our Father in Heaven about it. If God be for us, who can be against us. We have God on our side...we therefore win every battle. That Holy and Precious Name of Jesus is more than enough. It is not necessary to scream and shout, to whine and snivle something that attempts to "validate us" before our brethren. The power is in the name, not the way it's spoken.

I remember one of my 8 children coming to me and lamenting over some toy that belonged to them, but was in the possession of a sibling. They had asked for it back, and the sibling had refused to give it back. So I told my child to go and tell the sibling, "Daddy said". The sibling immediately gave it up.

Please note, that my child did not tell the sibling "Daddy said" without first coming and talking to me. It simply would not have worked. Somehow the sibling would have known that there was no "power" behind the demand.

How often we do this so wrong. We take action without first conferring with the Father. Jesus did not walk in His ministry that way, we should not either. There is no subsitute for seeking the will of God in all that we do and say.

in the wonder of it all,

Lahry

2005/7/10 8:03
coops

Re:

wow those are amazing stories!! very encouraging!

im surprised there is so little about it in the bible, and yet so much teaching on it. i can't find alot of things to biblically back it up, but from what ive seen there is just alot of yelling and the possesed doing all sorts of stuff... alot of mystical sort of things...

anyway I have discerned people who could easily be demon possesed... but then have also heard people like Derek Prince who is convinced that he himself could be possesed and not know it...

so once I know whats in place, whats next? i hear things like "make sure its more than 2 of you" and "make sure you have worship music on" and "make sure you have foods for the person", "find out how they got there" "find out their name" "find out how long they have been there" "find out how many are there" etc

theres so much!! how much is biblical? I just want a biblical "Key points"... in short i want to know how because i know 2 people who need it...

thanks!

2005/7/10 8:54Profile
coops

Re:

... and hulsley i will definately consider "power encounter"

2005/7/10 8:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy