SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Son Perfected Through Suffering: A Purified Bride Translated and Caught Up

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alamb

High Point, NC

A Son Perfected Through Suffering: A Purified Bride Translated and Caught Up

I have felt the need to post this message here for more than a month. I haven't because any every post that I've written scares me silly because I don't know the Word as extremely well as most of y'all do. That said, I am sure this word is for someone here who has been waiting for it.

A Son Perfected Through Suffering: A Purified Bride Translated and Caught Up
Posted on June 14, 2018 by Reggie Kelly

Sometime back, I did a short essay called, “Where God is Taking the Church” I believe it touched on this question:

Do you guys have anything on the the theme of testing/purification/refining of the saints during the great tribulation and the end of the age in general?

In contrast to dispensationalists, we believe the saints of the last tribulation are the body of Christ. Clearly then, Daniel’s vision of the refining, whitening, and purification of the saints of that particular, ‘unequaled’ tribulation expects something climactic and unique, distinct from the more common experience of tribulation in general, as characteristic of the age in general.

We know God’s vision for post-tribulational Israel. What is less considered is His perfecting purpose for the church of the last generation. God has not finished with His intention to educate the powers through the church, “the pillar and ground of truth”. It is that holy entity that is called to walk in the path of the Servant, demonstrating the wisdom of the cross before principalities and powers, answering most especially at the end, “have you considered My servant …”

If God will have an all saved Jewish nation, miraculously born and cleansed “in one day” (Isa 66:8; Eze 39:22; Zech 3:9), then God is able to perfect the church unto climactic translation, not only because the chronological clock has struck, but because the church has been brought to something unprecedented, that can only be compared to the translation of Enoch and the catching up of Elijah.

Unlike tribulation in general, as the church by definition is a tribulation people, the ‘great’ tribulation is much more particularly the great transition between this age and the age to come. This is why the great tribulation is compared to a final travail unto the birth of the new age of covenant promise. Also called the time of Jacob’s trouble and ‘Zion’s travail’, the unequaled tribulation ends with the birth of Israel and the translation of the church. This is very significant, because this convergence is not only because Jesus returns at this time, but because of what God has accomplished in these two, elect entities.

In the case of Israel, the beleaguered remnant according to the election of grace has been brought finally, and fully to “the end of their power” (Deut 32:36; Dan 12:7) in preparation to look upon Him whom they pierced when He comes in the clouds (Zech 12:10; Mt 23:39; 24:30; Acts 3:21; Ro 11:26; Rev 1:7). In the case of the church, a process of revelation and experience of divine power in the furnace of affliction has brought the corporate body of Christ to its promised eschatological perfection (Dan 11:32-33, 35; 12:3, 10; Jn 17:23; Eph 4:13; Heb 4:9; 1Jn 4:18; Rev 12:11; 19:7).

This twin event of birth and resurrection at Jesus’ return begins the liberation of the creation described in Ro 8:20, which we see as realized in two stages, pre and post millennial (Isa 24:22; Ro 8:20; Rev 20). All of this means the end of the age is not only waiting on the completion of His purpose to bring Israel back to Him, not only His intention to fully reveal the mystery of iniquity, but His intention to perfect His corporate servant, the church, in a final demonstration before principalities and powers. I call this the ‘final straightening of the church’.

The tribulation, with its clearly marked certainty of the time, and abundance of unsealed revelation and prophetic fulfillment, will function as a kind of birthing canal, emptying not only Israel but the church of their power. This is why I believe we should see the enormous use that God has invested in the first half of the week.

What God has invested in giving the church the critical preparation of the first half of the week is exactly WHY the church will be straightened and prepared for the great transition that takes place at the beginning of the second half. This time will mark Michael’s clearing the heaven of Satan’s hindering presence (Rev 12:7-14 with Dan 12:1).

This brings Satan down for his ‘short time’ (Rev 12:12), but it also signals the time that the two witnesses receive their power, but not ONLY the two witnesses, but a whole body of ‘maskilim’ who receive strength and power at precisely the same time that Michael is evicting Satan (Rev 12:10-11). These who “love not their lives unto the death” are shown in Daniel’s prophecy to be receiving this power to “be strong and do great exploits and instruct many” at the very time the abomination is being placed that begins the unequaled time of trouble (Dan 11:31-33; 12:1-2, 7, 11). It is no accident that THIS is the very time the two witnesses are receiving their power for final tribulation witness.

I hope we can see this. It cannot be too greatly stressed that this great transition at the mid-point of Daniel’s final week is, not only the time that Satan is being thrust out of heaven and confined to earth for his ‘short time’ of unparalleled destruction; it is the same time the daily sacrifice is being taken away and the abomination of desolation placed in Judea to begin the great tribulation, just 3 1/2 years before “the end” (Dan 9:27; 12:7, 11). We must not miss this connection! Michael’s heavenly victory results, not only in woe for the earth, but in great anointing of power coming upon the church for the final testimony that results in a multitude beyond human ability to count coming out of ‘the tribulation, the great one’ (Rev 7:9, 13-14).

As Jesus saw His appointed hour, those of understanding will see and prophetically apprehend the approaching test for all its unparalleled requirement. As the door of the last seven years is shut firmly behind us, many more of the awakening body of Christ will begin to foresee the evil and dig down deep, greatly hiding herself in Christ, knowing her natural inability to stand in the evil day. This will prepare and fit the church, not only for her final purification and perfection unto translation at Jesus’ return, but her ultimate testimony to the nations, more than at any other time moving Israel to jealousy.

As Jesus said of Peter, I believe it can be prophetically said of the church of the last hour, that another will take her and lead her where she would not have gone, even to a corporate cross of obedience unto death (Rev 12:11). So the purification of the saints of the last and unequaled tribulation is unto a divinely ordained perfection that ends in translation, with the removal of the veil cast over all nations (Isa 25:7-8; Rev 10:7). I am suggesting that the testing of the church, I would call it the great emptying of the church, is not unrelated to the veil that is spread over the nations being removed with the finishing of the mystery of God at Jesus’ return (Isa 25:7; Rev 10:7). There is something about the relation of revelation “at the end of power”, which is to say at the end of human self sufficiency, which must always removed as a necessary prerequisite for resurrection.

In Him,
alamb

2019/5/16 13:39Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re: A Son Perfected Through Suffering: A Purified Bride Translated and Caught Up

Thanks to whoever changed the title of this post from the one I had (and misspelled) to the way it probably should have been done like it is now.
Sometimes these computer instructions confuse me. Duh..

2019/5/16 20:54Profile
brotherAbey

Austin, TX

Re:

Thank you so much for posting this. What an encouraging word!

If I am not mistaken, there is only one verse in the Bible that uses the phrase, "eternal purpose". That verse is found in the heart of Ephesians 3. Verses 9- 11 reads as follows, "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God Who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10) TO THE INTENT that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known BY THE CHURCH the manifold wisdom of God 11) according to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord... Put another way, God's eternal purpose (which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord) is that His manifold/multifarious wisdom would be made known or revealed through the Church to the principalities and powers in heavenly places. No wonder that as soon as our Lord first spoke of the Church in Matthew 16, he revealed that there was tremendous spiritual opposition to it (i.e the gates of Hades would not prevail against it).

How much our eyes need to be opened to see the value and significance of THE Church to our God. Years ago, I was introduced to a book by Watchman Nee entitled, The Glorious Church. The book was revolutionary for me. Oh, I knew that Matthew 16:16 said that the gates of Hades would not prevail against the Church, BUT, that is not the way things appeared to me. In so many respects, the church looked ruined, irrecoverable and basically something I did not want to be identified with.

Hallelujah for the divine perspective! How things look to me with my limited, pea-brain perspective means nothing. It is God's perspective that matters and, his Word says that Christ will have a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing. This book by W. Nee helped me very much to see things from the divine perspective.

What I appreciate about what was shared in this post however is the practicality of how this glorious church is to come into being. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that the tribulation period is precisely the "birthing canal" through which the Church, as God intended her to be on this earth will be realized. It is not "in heaven" only that God's purposes are to be fulfilled but rather as Our Lord taught us to pray, "As in heaven, so on the earth". The earth is the sphere in which Ephesians 3:11 is to take place and the timing is at the end of this age. The two pictures of end time scenarios that I grew up with were: 1) all true believers would be raptured before the tribulation since the tribulation period is perceived as God's judgment on the unbelieving world. 2) We should be prepared to go through the tribulation, but don't think things are going to get any better, things are only going to get worse and darker because the antichrist is ruling on the earth.

But, look again at the life our Lord. Was it not at the darkest hour, when the Son of Man was to be betrayed and delivered to the hands of sinners to be killed, that God was actually doing his greatest work? This is exactly the same at the end of the age. When it seems that Satan has triumphed, God in the midst of that will be producing a glorious and victorious Church that will become the instrument of Satan's shame. Satan will never outwit God.

On this note, I would like to recommend another book that helped me alot. The title is: Restoring the Vision of the End-Times Church: A visionary look at the Victorious End-Times Church walking as Jesus Walked. It is authored by a brother named Vernon Kuenzi. Ironically, I learned about the book here on SI, while putting in a query for "The Man Child" of Revelation of 12. This brother in his SI post made a reference to Watchman Nee's book "The Glorious Church", which really piqued my interest and sparked an investigation into who he was.

I love how the Lord works. This brother is a professional engineer who was impressed of the Lord to write this book. I don't think he has written anything else and this volume itself was very difficult to get a hold oF. I have read it twice and truly believe that the Lord, through his Word had revealed something to this brother. The Glorious Vision of the Church from God's eternal viewpoint that Watchman Nee so brilliantly sets forth in his book, brother Vernon K. outlines it's practical outworking and accomplishment at the end of this age.

Another point worth noting that also was brought up on this post and elaborated on in brother Kuenzi's book is the fulfillment of God's Covenant with Israel overlapping with and related to the fulfillment of his purposes for the Church. In the lead up to his mentioning God's Eternal purpose in Ephesians 3: 11, Paul just a few verses before, explains that the mystery of Christ, which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit is that Gentiles should be fellow heirs and of the same body. Fellow heirs with who? The same body as who? We gentiles can never forget the beloved status of Israel to the Father with regard to election. Paul makes it very clear that Israel will be grafted in again and that we gentiles should be longing and seeking for this. The increasing isolation and persecution of Jewish people globally necessitates that we a Christians be very clear as to our stand with whom God identifies as His people. 1 Chronicles 12:32 says, "And of the Children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do... This word if very applicable today. We need men and women in the church who have understand the times to know what the church ought to do. It is time for the Church to fulfill one aspect of her commision which is to stir Israel to jealousy. We also need to see that this age is rapidly coming to a close and that Satan's two targets are Christians (Those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ and the Jews (those who keep the commandments of God). Of course, I believe we must witness to the Jews to believe into their savior and our saviour - the Lord Jesus Christ. In fact we need to have a desperate longing for Israfel to recognize the One whom they have rejected, but in doing so, we have to do it with love and like our brother Paul said in Romans 11, remember that is not us that bearest the root, but the root thee (Romans 11:18).

In conclusion, I was greatly helped by what these two members of the Body had to share and I feel it is a real echo of what was shared on this post.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.

Even so, Come Lord Jesus.

2019/5/17 2:00Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re: A Son Perfected Through Suffering: A Purified Bride Translated and Caught Up

Abey, Thank you for your reply.

Your comments are a huge blessing and confirmation of many truths now awakening in my heart.
I feel the need to share with you what I am about to say now.
I was 24 years old when I experienced the first
presence of Jesus as He took hold of my heart and took over my life. On that very night He delivered me from being led straight into hell. He saved me from both a physical and spiritual death at the same moment, AND, faster than a second of time could pass by. I still search for words able to describe what that experience was like and still haven't found any to compare. So...moving on from there. I was about 10 weeks old into my new life when this event occurred. On this evening I was praying alone in my bedroom by praising and thanking Him when a vision literally opened up in front of me somehow in the room. It was not a thought or a picture of something I was thinking! It was exactly like a real and living movie playing right there! I was motionless. I was stunned, overwhelmed, like being paralyzed. I don't even remember breathing. I just sat there on my bed looking at it and hoping I could remember every exact detail of what I was seeing. I had just enough time for my eyes to see everything there before it closed. I know my words must sound crazy to you but the way it opened up and then went away was also as strange to me as the whole thing. It was like curtains on a stage sort of but it wasn't curtains. somehow it was like the place in front of me slowly parted in the middle (of my field of vision) and moved aside as the vision came into view. It went away the exact same way it came. The part of the room that had been pushed aside came back together and it was gone! I just sat there still motionless trying to process what had just happened to me. Oh, one more thing before I forget. Right before it went away, my eyes were drawn to one thing that caused me to know that I know what I know about the reality of the whole event. Not meaning to be redundant here...I know what I saw and I saw what I know. This happened when I was 24 years old and today I am 71. (Man, talk about having to wait for an answer!) That was the only time in my life I experienced anything like that. Over the years He has revealed His Word to me in many ways. Through His written Word, through people in my life, unique situations, (I like to call those Divine appointments) and others. I've kept this vision to myself most all these years. Mostly because I felt that's what I needed to do but also because I needed to wait for the full interpretation to be revealed to me. Without going into the whole vision now, it is significant in that it relates to the article by Reggie I posted. I know much more now than I did, but, I have been sensing an urgency in my spirit to stay extremely close to Him and His Word 24/7 starting now.
I re-read this post at least 100 times before I hit "submit". It may sound like I am a whack-o to some readers but that is OK. It just sounds that way.

In Him,
j

2019/5/19 18:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy