SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What to do when you are beyond repentance?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re: What to do when you are beyond repentance?

Brother batheltler,

Suicide is NOT the answer to your problem! There is no repentance after the act! There is no coming back to rewrite the mistake!

2019/5/13 15:44Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: What to do when you are beyond repentance?

Dear batheltler01

We have not heard anything from you yet, are you ok?

2019/5/14 14:56Profile
batheltler01

Re:

Sree, I believe that you are right.

There is a disconnect between my heart and mind. My mind knows I need to repent and return to the Lord, but my heart feels too hard and resistant to do so.

Is there hope that he would soften my hardened heart that I might return to him with my whole heart? Does he desire this or has he turned his back on me? If there is truly hope, I can continue, but if there is no hope of knowing Christ and my condemnation is decided, how can I go on?

2019/5/15 15:53Profile
batheltler01

Re:

Steve,

I am greatly struggling to see how I have not become one who has been hardened past the point of repentance. I don't want to be one who knew the Lord and then turned away from him. But I can't seem to find true brokenness and godly sorrow over my sin anymore. My thought is that it would be better to die than to walk as an enemy to Christ. But I don't see the Lord moving in my life to help me walk in faithfulness any longer.

2019/5/15 16:03Profile
batheltler01

Re:

Gloryandgrace,

Is there anything that I can do on my end in this state? I've done my best to continue in fellowship with the Body, continue in prayer and staying in the Word but I have seen no movement of my heart.

2019/5/15 16:32Profile
batheltler01

Re:

For those who may be interested in gaining a larger view of my situation, I made a post on another site explaining some of the back story of how I got to this point. It is long though.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/has-my-sin-killed-me-spiritually-loss-of-salvation.8112063/

2019/5/15 16:51Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Is there hope that he would soften my hardened heart that I might return to him with my whole heart? Does he desire this or has he turned his back on me? If there is truly hope, I can continue, but if there is no hope of knowing Christ and my condemnation is decided, how can I go on?

One the purpose Jesus came to this earth is to show God as a father. As a father when I see my 3 year old unwilling to eat his food, I tell him stories to make it interesting. He knows that food is good for him but he just does not want to eat. I tell him that eating the chicken will build his muscles and he takes a bite and then checks his biceps! I do encourage him by telling his muscles are now visible!

The same way if we truly confess that we have lost interest, then God the father will produce the interest in us. I have many times confessed this to my heavenly father to produce interest in his word. Sometimes reading Bible may not sound interesting to us, but we know it is the best thing to do, hence we can honestly ask the Father to produce interest in us.

Same way, pray that God the Father will rekindle the interest for his kingdom in you.

2019/5/15 17:07Profile
batheltler01

Re:

Is it possible for a believer to become like Esau?

2019/5/15 20:39Profile
word_of_god_

Re:

Hi Bathelter. If I may, I would like to edge a word in. I've been at the place of wanting to take my own life more then once, but For Jesus sake and the Fathers sake I couldnt have, I know the enemy oppresses, and You must not trust in your feelings especially at this time, The word of God is a powerful two edged sword that is able to cut deep through the heart of man, and any demon must bow at the name of Jesus. I would say to you that you ought to trust God in Jesus Christ his precious Son and because of who he is, and what he has done is your only hope, only because of who he is and what he has done for you personally is there hope. There are no feelings good or bad that you can rely on at this time, you must put your hope in the finished work of the cross and the resurrected Christ by pure faith. There is nothing that can help you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.We have one thing to cleanse us from our vileness, the precious blood of JESUS!He was made sin for us, he who knew no sin, believe it receive it and we are washed at once. 1 corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have recieved and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received; that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures...17- And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still on your sins!... I hope and pray that you hang in there, if you hope in Jesus, and keep on keeping on, this could turn around for a greater glory to God. I truly believe the Lord will have mercy on you, your hardened sinful heart is in the way, and The Lord has to break through your unbelief and then he can begin to restore you.

2019/5/15 22:29Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Steve,

I am greatly struggling to see how I have not become one who has been hardened past the point of repentance. I don't want to be one who knew the Lord and then turned away from him. But I can't seem to find true brokenness and godly sorrow over my sin anymore. My thought is that it would be better to die than to walk as an enemy to Christ. But I don't see the Lord moving in my life to help me walk in faithfulness any longer.

Brother,

Maybe you need to go back to the start/foundation! Maybe start by praying the Lord's pray until it becomes real to you, especially where it says "Your will be done,On earth as it is in Heaven". See the greatness of God! The awesomeness of God! His almighty power!Bow before Him in the midst of that power till you can say from the depth of your heart, "Even if You send me to hell at the end, YOUR WILL BE DONE".

DO NOT throw your life away by your own hand, to the cheers of the demons and Satan who have led you to this point. But throw body, soul and spirit into the hands of your Heavenly Father who cares for you! That He may do with it as He wills!

Didn't Jesus say "For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother"?

2019/5/15 22:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy