SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  The Case for a Nationwide Christ Awakening

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Case for a Nationwide Christ Awakening

The Case for a Nationwide
Christ Awakening - David Bryant

Are Christians in America adequately prepared for the overwhelming existential threats bearing down upon us in the next ten years?

https://christnow.com/the-case-for-a-nationwide-christ-awakening/

2019/5/9 9:24Profile
sherri2

Re: The Case for a Nationwide Christ Awakening

Brother, thank you for sharing this. We desperately need a true awakening of the Church, completely and utterly centered on Jesus Christ!

Some things that stood out in this article that are worth pondering:

Then, over the next three Sunday mornings try this experiment along with the elders of your church:

Each of you circulate among the worshipers just listening to what people are talking about before and after the service. After three Sundays reconvene and debrief your findings using these two questions:

How often did we hear the name of Jesus even mentioned as Christians conversed? I guarantee you’ll be shocked—and then grieved.
Did we ever witness any believers passing along to other believers a fresh insight about the wonders of Jesus that they discovered the previous week, doing so in order to build up each other in their walk with Christ? Chances are you’ll not have one instance to report.
Then recall Jesus’ caution in Matthew 12: Out of the abundance of the heart—that is, out of what fills your heart—your mouth speaks. The application? If no one is talking about Jesus, even on Sunday mornings, it’s a pretty good bet the glory of Jesus is not filling their hearts throughout the week either. That’s just one more manifestation of the crisis of Christology.

How often do we hear believers say as Paul might put it: “For me, my entire life is wrapped up in Christ. My heart is fixed on his throne above as he advances his Kingdom. I place my entire life at the center of who he is, where he’s headed, what he is doing, and how he gets exalted”?

Or have a majority of Christians redefined Jesus to be more like a security blanket, or a “need-meeter,” or a mascot?

I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less.

What do I mean by a Christ Awakening?

Here are four definitions.

1. A Christ Awakening is when God’s Spirit uses God’s Word to reintroduce God’s people to God’s Son for ALL he is in the fullness of his supremacy today.

2. A Christ Awakening is when the whole Church becomes wholly alive to the whole vision of the whole Christ.

3. A Christ Awakening is when churches are so saturated with the supremacy of Christ that they become empowered to saturate their communities with the gospel of Christ.

4. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

At this critical juncture in the Church’s history, surely nothing short of such a powerful, deep, radical, profound, life-changing work of God in the hearts of millions of believers across our nation will prove sufficient to adequately reawaken and refortify the Church so we can stand firm, stand strong, stand bold—stand for Christ and his kingdom, empowered as a force for his saving mission even in the face of the overwhelming existential threats currently converging upon us.

Does our Lord Jesus deserve anything less, anything else, than such a whole-hearted endeavor?

Is there a part of you at this moment that feels like standing and shouting, “YES! YES! This Christ Awakening is our one true desire! It is our greatest hope! Let it be done! Come, Lord Jesus, and conquer us all over again. Do not delay! Saturate us with the person and power of your reigning presence that the nations might once again see your redeeming glory!”

2019/5/9 11:35Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: The Case for a Nationwide Christ Awakening

Quote from article

Do you need more proof? Then, over the next three Sunday mornings try this experiment along with the elders of your church:

Each of you circulate among the worshipers just listening to what people are talking about before and after the service. After three Sundays reconvene and debrief your findings using these two questions:

1.How often did we hear the name of Jesus even mentioned as Christians conversed? I guarantee you’ll be shocked—and then grieved.
2.Did we ever witness any believers passing along to other believers a fresh insight about the wonders of Jesus that they discovered the previous week, doing so in order to build up each other in their walk with Christ? Chances are you’ll not have one instance to report.

You don't even have to wait for the end of a meeting.
In the mens groups I've attended recently, the men had nothing to say to one another unless it was political, sports, families or work.

good article.

2019/5/9 11:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy