SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Reproached for CHRIST...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Reproached for CHRIST...

Brothers and sisters in JESUS's army.. If you have ever been persecuted for saying or doing anything for CHRIST.. you are in good company...
April 30th
Reproached For Christ
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:11,12

Dear Christian, I want to remind you of something today: You are on the winning team! That is somewhat paraphrased, but it is frequently how our Lord encouraged the disciples. As Thomas Scott (1747-1821) was aware, if Jesus was of all things persecuted and reproached, how can we expect to share in any of the blessings of His identity without partaking of the reproach as well?

The apostles were fools for Christ's sake; were deemed to be "beside themselves;" went through evil report and good report, as deceivers and yet true. As the fellows that turned the world upside down they were treated as vain babblers and accounted the filth of the world and the refuse of all things. Jesus Himself, the brightness of the Father's glory, the Word and Wisdom of God, who went about doing good and spoke as never man spoke was not only rejected, but despised, as not worth hearing, as one that had a devil, as a blasphemer, a Samaritan, a madman, a devil himself. The scriptures plainly state; "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world; therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said unto you: the servant is not greater than the Lord; if they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you."
Perhaps right now you are passing through a time of difficulty or persecution. "Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven" (Matthew 5:12).

Steve Hill

Numbers 7; Psalms 42-43
Songs of Solomon 5; Hebrews 5

2019/4/30 17:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy