SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : MUST READ: Hell and Everlasting Punishment (article series)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Carl Johnson was an traveling evangelist and Bible teacher. "Hell you say!" is the book about hell that I am primarly quoting from. But I am adding my own thoughts, quotes and resources at times. I see his study on hell as a very good foundational broad overlay, which is much needful to hear today. I am glad you are tuned into this thread dear brother.

2005/7/18 18:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just added another article on this series: Part 8: Hopelessness

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes the blood of Jesus Christ to keep you out of hell."
~C.H. Spurgeon

2005/7/19 20:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I added another article on this series: Part 9: Indignation

2005/7/20 16:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just added another article on the series: Part 10: Judgement

"The subject before us is one that needs stressing in these days. The great majority of our pulpits are silent upon it, and the fact that it has so little place in modern preaching is one of the signs of the times, one of the many evidences that the Apostasy must be near at hand. It is true that there are not a few who are praying for a worldwide Revival, but it appears to the writer that it would be more timely, and more scriptural, for prayer to be made to the Lord of the harvest, that He would raise up and thrust forth laborers who would fearlessly and faithfully preach those truths which are calculated to bring about a revival.

It is the deepening conviction of the writer that what is most needed today is a wide proclamation of those truths which are the least acceptable to the flesh. What is needed today is a scriptural setting forth of the character of God—His absolute sovereignty, His ineffable holiness, His inflexible justice, His unchanging veracity. What is needed today is a scriptural setting forth of the condition of the natural man—his total depravity, his spiritual insensibility, his inveterate hostility to God, the fact that he is "condemned already" and that the wrath of a sin-hating God is even now abiding upon him. What is needed today is a scriptural setting forth of the alarming danger in which sinners are—the indescribably awful doom which awaits them, the fact that if they follow only a little further their present course they shall most certainly suffer the due reward of their iniquities. What is needed today is a scriptural setting forth of the nature of that punishment which awaits the lost—the awfulness of it, the hopelessness of it, the unendurableness of it, the endlessness of it. It is because of these convictions that by pen as well as by voice we are seeking to raise the alarm."
-A.W. Pink (speaking on "eternal punishment")

2005/7/21 12:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think this quote that a brother found ties so closely in why I am doing this series on hell on SI:

Phone Interviewer: “Say you were asked, Leonard, to speak for the annual convention of the National Religious Broadcasters, and the Lord directed you to accept that invitation, what message might you bring to that group?”

Ravenhill: “I believe I’d preach on hell."

2005/7/22 17:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just added this article on the series: Part 11: Keeping

2005/7/24 3:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just added this article on the series: Part 12: Lake Of Fire

2005/7/25 21:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"When I pastored a country church, a farmer didn't like the sermons I preached on hell. He said, "Preach about the meek and lowly Jesus." I said, "That's where I got my information about hell."
-Vance Havner

2005/7/26 4:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just added this article on the series: Part 13: Memory

2005/7/27 12:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: