Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Easter worshipers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Easter worshipers

I am not someone who has a strong political view nor someone interested in discussing Politics. Nor is this post intended to discuss politics. That is why I am not mentioning the names of these past leaders.

But to call the latest attack on Churches in Srilanka as an attack on Easter worshipers, instead of attack on Christians, is really hurtful. The political leaders who used such terminology are trying to show that Christians are not even worthy to be considered as an entity. The same people when a mosque was attacked in NZ recently, said that it was an attack on Global Islamic society. But how is then the attack on Churches not an attack that targeted Christians? Why are political leaders even scared to refer people as Christians, that too in a country that is majority Christians living in it?

I am baffled at how their hearts have been hardened.

2019/4/22 23:39Profile
passerby

Re: Easter worshipers

I am also deeply saddened by what seems to be a drawback to anything associated with christianity. But times is changing according to His sovereign will, though we look back with lament and nostalgia over the more tranquil and blissful era of christian world.

We true believers then should show more charity and hospitality to our brothers and sisters in the Lord and learn to lean nigh to Him as we await for His final salvation.

To love one another as He loves us is a parting command given by the Lord as He sets the course of history until all things
are prepared for the revelation of His kingdom and power.

Everything shall pass away but everyone who repented according to the gospel shall share the glorious promises that He sealed according to His grace and mercy.

2019/4/23 6:12Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

We true believers then should show more charity and hospitality to our brothers and sisters in the Lord and learn to lean nigh to Him as we await for His final salvation.

To love one another as He loves us is a parting command given by the Lord as He sets the course of history until all things
are prepared for the revelation of His kingdom and power.

Thank you very much for showing me this. I was reminded of John 13:36 - If we love one another the world will know that we are Christians.

It is by our love for the brothers that we show the world that we are Christians not by some world leaders acknowledging us as Christians. This was an eyeopener for me.

2019/4/23 8:30Profile
docs

Re: Recent Hudson Institute stats

Global war on Christians intensifying.

Each month an average of 345 Christians are killed for faith based reasons.

Over 105 churches or Christian buildings are destroyed or attacked each month.

Globally, one in nine Christians suffers persecution.

2019/4/23 9:20Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

Thanks David. We really are in a bubble of sorts. I remember L. Ravenhill saying, 'the Chinese church thought the 'tribulation started a long time ago'.

I have a feeling we will all be appreciating one another much more before long.

Rusty

2019/4/23 20:57Profile
passerby

Re:

Romans 12 (selected verses)

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

2019/4/23 22:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy