SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Submission to church leadership

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Jade,

Samuel was mediator to Saul, but Saul was not to David, neither was Nebukadnezar to Daniel.

What I am saying is, that a good man will prosper under a bad leader and a bad man will fail even under the best leader.

Their key to success was submission to leaders -good or bad-as unto God, and not unto man. They recognized God-ordained authority even though it was ill-disposed and doomed fail. This forged them into men whom God trust with real authority and they were greatly beloved (Dan 9:23) men after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14).

2019/4/27 10:12Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi narrowpath,

You said:
“What I am saying is, that a good man will prosper under a bad leader and a bad man will fail even under the best leader.”

And you said:
“Their key to success was submission to leaders -good or bad-as unto God, and not unto man.”

Do you have scriptural support for this statement?

To me, the key to success is UNION WITH CHRIST.

The Lord Jesus laid down this Eternal Law, this Eternal Truth:

John 15:5 –
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

Apart from Christ we can do NOTHING!

Therefore, any man who has NO DIRECT UNION with Christ can do NOTHING even under the best leader.

And any man in union with Christ can do all things IN CHRIST despite a bad leader.

Ps. 16:8 –
I have set the LORD continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Ps. 23:4 –
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me;

You also said:
“They recognized God-ordained authority even though it was ill-disposed and doomed fail. This forged them into men whom God trust with real authority and they were greatly beloved (Dan 9:23) men after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14).”

Is it written that David was a man after God’s own heart because of his submission to Saul?

David only boasted in the Lord.

Ps. 18:1-3 –
For the choir director.
A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD, who spoke to the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.
And he said, "I love You, O LORD, my strength."
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my enemies.

Ps. 44:8 –
In God we have boasted all day long,
And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

A Question:
What is your view on the “Nicolaitans”?

Rev. 2:6 –
Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Rev. 2:15-16 –
So you also have some who in the same way hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

Blessings

2019/4/28 4:20Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Jade,

you asked

Do you have scriptural support for this statement?

[“What I am saying is, that a good man will prosper under a bad leader and a bad man will fail even under the best leader.”

And you said: “Their key to success was submission to leaders -good or bad-as unto God, and not unto man.”]

David was annointed King by the same Samuel, but the old King Saul still existed. David knew he could not lay hand on this rejected King by himself, although he had a few opportunities to do so. He had to wait until God fought this battle for him. David only fought the hostile armies around him and God gave him victory.

David needed a corrupt Saul to drive him into agonizing prayer. His respect for God's annointed assured him his eternal Kingdom.

Your are right, in the end only union with Christ grants victory, however this is a painful process that can best -perhaps only- be achieved by adversity and suffering.

2019/4/28 10:21Profile
passerby

Re:

Saul was a king of ancient Israel, a duly anointed one. However, what if it is about a false church, false preachers, false prophets, false apostles, or church overseers that endangers and deceives his congregation or followers.

I think a graduated apprisal is in order unless it is for our own interest and promotion.

2019/4/28 13:54Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi narrowpath,

You said:
“His (David’s) respect for God's anointed assured him his eternal Kingdom.”

My comment:
If we are filled with the love of God, we will surely love God’s anointed. And, yes, we must respect and support God’s gifted apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:11) who are humbly and selflessly working for God. But our respect for God’s anointed has nothing to do with our salvation. Christ alone is our salvation.

You also said:
“……only union with Christ grants victory………”

So glad we agree on this.

Blessings

2019/4/29 4:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Time to Obey God Rather Than Man - Michael Brown

As sons and daughters of God, we are called to honor and respect authority and to be people of obedience rather than people of rebellion. But that means when the earthly authorities tell us to disobey God, we respectfully say, "We must obey God rather than man" (Acts 5:29).

This was a major theme at the "I Stand Sunday" rally in Houston, where thousands gathered together to pledge their obedience to God and His Word, regardless of cost or consequences.

In doing so, they were standing firmly on biblical principles, following in the footsteps of the Hebrew midwives in Exodus 1, Daniel and his compatriots in Daniel 3 and 6, the wise men of Matthew 2, and the apostles in Acts 4 and 5.

Of course, we must never lose sight of the fact that we are peacemakers rather than troublemakers, respectful rather than rude, and we must recognize that without proper authority structures the world could not function. At the same time, because we are called to obey God above all, there are times when we must disobey earthly authorities when their commands violate the commands of God.

2019/4/29 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy