SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Notre-Dame Cathedral, the fire was not about judgement so...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
macbug

So Cali-

Re: Babylon has relocated to New York City

The Church of Christ is defined by Christ, not denominationalism.
Confirmation is our relationship with the Holy Spirit. The ability to perceive The Spirit.
Too many Christians have not been baptized by the Holy Spirit.
I believe this is because Capitalisms demands on our time.
Remember if the devil cannot make you bad he will make you too busy to pray.

And is that not the ruination of many of us.

First he reveals the love of Christ in others and then that love will manifest itself in us.
I believe
That dispensation, is a gift and manifestation of the Holy Spirit in us .
when we have the full Love Of Christ in our heart that is when we work on true discipleship.

2019/4/30 10:59Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: dim view?

Jumping back to about 320AD, Emperor Constantine is rubbing his hands together with a satanic glee...

"Now, I've got those Christians where I want them, I'll just make peace with them and the warring pagans, Ill allow those Christians to have their holidays by renaming them from the old pagan ones...and i'll give them freedom from being murdered everyday...that'll fixem."

Constantine is no less a product of his day than you and I are. His mindset, his ideas and solutions all stem from what he understands of his world. We do exactly the same, I mean exactly the same.

I realize Constantine is a favorite to bash since institutionalized Christianity got a kickstart from his edicts. But I am not at all sold that Constantine thought that his goal was to 'compromise Christianity with paganism'.
Constantine gave Christianity a breather from 10 periods of persecution. So, as long as its not your skin, that 'compromise' is all devil and doom.

I suggest taking off the 21st century glasses and all the accompanying judgment with it. Put on 4th century glasses and look closely at what was done and why. You might be surprised to know God was doing things through him and his Church we could never see with 21st century glasses.

2019/4/30 11:28Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"Remember if the devil cannot make you bad he will make you too busy to pray. And is that not the ruination of many of us."

If anyone disagrees with this, can you cite one example of someone growing closer to God and shirking the prayer closet?

Leonard Ravenhill said the way to backslide is get lax in your prayer life.

2019/4/30 12:08Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

And just so I don't wander from the topic of the OP, I'm not happy the cathedral caught fire, but it was no more a temple for God's presence than the McDonalds down the street is. I read on wikipedia that it was consecrated to the virgin Mary.

Someone I work with asked me if I thought it was right that those billionaires donated millions of dollars to rebuild the cathedral while letting poor people starve. Of course my answer was no.

Does anyone here honestly believe that they have the real crown of thorns in Notre Dame cathedral that was on Christ's head? Or a piece of the cross on which He was crucified? I mean really.

2019/4/30 12:24Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Places like Notre Dame are worth something according to their historical value. They tell a story and it's worth hearing.

But there's another story, one that as humans we know well but hate to hear. That's the story of "That which is seen is temporal". Whether it be our Synagogues or Church buildings or our Castles or War Machines...everything comes to an end.

The constant tendency to fix our eyes upon the temporal and relish only that which is man-made or physical is a plague upon humanity. By reason of that plague the 'invisible things of God' are replaced by what can be touched and seen. But even behind that there is another reason. Human pride of making something that lasts, making a building or castle or nation, human endeavor strives for permanence in a world that only offers impermanence.

We were created to an eternal kingdom one that lasts beyond all that is created here. But when men do not understand or seek that which is 'invisible' then all that can follow is a chasing after vanity.

If a billionaire wants to spend the cash on a fixer-upper it's no shocker they which are rich in this world love to build in this world. Let them build.

But what do we do with our extra cash? Are we charging the billionaire with vain financial dealings but we spend our extra cash on that which is going to perish equally as fast?

What is the difference between a man's heart misusing a million and a man misusing a hundred dollars? I would say the difference would be indistinct.

Matt 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

With what we have been given are we giving back to the Lord an increase of what we have...or are we burying it?

All questions that will appear at the judgment seat of Christ.

2019/4/30 13:42Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Of course it’s all a matter of heart and stewardship.

I once argued with an atheist who felt that any true Christian who lived by the NT standard would give 90% of their income to the poor and subsist on 10%. In other words, grass shacks and pork and beans was the order of the day for any true Christian.

Obviously every person could give more than they do; the issue is whether God is asking them to give more. It is His money; He can do with it what He wants. He may even let some Christians keeps some {gasp}.

2019/4/30 15:38Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"But what do we do with our extra cash? Are we charging the billionaire with vain financial dealings but we spend our extra cash on that which is going to perish equally as fast?"

I told my co worker that many people blame the rich for not helping the poor when they themselves won't help the poor either.

"Of course it’s all a matter of heart and stewardship."

I agree. Just be faithful with whatever God gives you. Give generously and from the heart.

I recall reading that A. W. Tozer would sometimes give as much as half of his salary away. Leonard Ravenhill gave away all of his royalties from his books.

2019/4/30 18:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
CalvaryCom wrote:
I do not hate the people who are deceived by Roman Catholicism. I know many who are quite dear to me. What I referred to was the false religious system itself. The puritan & reformers all believed the Whore of Babylon in Revelation 17 was the Catholic religious machine.

There was a Muslim in Iran who God miraculously saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, he had to secretly download a copy of Matthew Mark Luke and John. Those four gospels kept him on fire for 8 years until he got smuggled into Turkey and then a NON-BELIEVER gave him a copy of a small New Testament. EIGHT years he lived and breathed off of the first four gospels!! Praise God.

I'm not arguing with you, my point is that the Catholic church does NOT hold the Holy Bible in high esteem (at all) and therefore, they constantly searching and reading the church fathers when ALL they literally need is the Holy Bible to get them through till Jesus comes.

I don't know many persecuted Christians dying to get their hands on a copy of Ignatius, Irenaeus or Clement but I do know they are dying to get their hands on a copy of the Holy Bible.

The Bible doesn't get to big for us, we get to big (in our heads) for the Holy Bible.

God bless us all,
Lisa

2019/5/17 1:52Profile
airjelly

Re: the Whore of Babylon

The Whore of Babylon Is Capitalism, Capitalism is the religion of Wall Street, it is predatory, it is parasitic, promotes GREED, CORRUPTION, LUST, FALSEHOODS, FAKE MONEY, and worse.
In the bible the capitalists were the money changers in the temple.
Jesus made it His business to address them with a whip, and action.

2019/8/31 21:46Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Airjelly

Doesn’t seem that you found a fit for your political propaganda so you just tagged it on the bottom of this thread ....

If meaningful dialogue is what you are pursuing, it would be far more beneficial to simply start at new thread and open the discussion,...prayerfully-

If your intent was to do a digital drive by....

Btw a careful reading of the parable of the ten talents might surprise you as it clearly reveals that God Himself expects a return on His investment and actually rewards the most successful whilst punishing those whom refused to participate. See how that parallels the text book definition of capitalism provided below-

“ Capitalism; noun [ U ] politics UK ​ /ˈkæp.ɪ.təl.ɪ.zəm/ US ​ /ˈkæp.ə.t̬əl.ɪ.zəm/

C2 an economic, political, and social system in which property, business, and industry are privately owned, directed towards making the greatest possible profits for successful organizations and people.”

2019/9/1 7:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy