SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Notre-Dame Cathedral, the fire was not about judgement so...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
macbug

Southern California

Notre-Dame Cathedral, the fire was not about judgement so...

I was praying they could put the fire out for the first hour.
Then the reality was revealed that the Lord was not going to stop it.
Then what was the meaning, the very week of the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus the Christ.
This was the spiritual equivalent of 911.
This was one of the top 5 pilgrimage sites in the world, so why?
Some would say this or that about our Roman Brothers.
If it were about judgment why didn't, I and about two dozen TV evangelist burst into flames along with the Cathedral?
In my prayer a verse came to me, "they worshipped the creation instead of the Creator".
That was it , too many were looking at the "Stuff", instead of Christ Himself.
They were missing the LOVE, MERCY, FORGIVENESS AND THE SALVATIONS FROM A WASTED LIFE, HE HAS FOR US WHEN WE DRINK THE LIVING WATER.
So here it is, no donations over $10.00, the Lord wants to hear form those people that have not spoken to Him in decades. He does not want a Telethon, or any other such nonsense. He doe not care if it takes a 100 years to raise the money.
Just wait and see what He has in store for the faithful.

2019/4/15 15:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Notre-Dame Cathedral, the fire was not about judgement so...

I am pretty sure it burned because wood burns when exposed to flame. That’s it.

Don’t care what anyone says this is a tragedy for historical reasons alone.

2019/4/15 17:52Profile
macbug

Southern California

Re: wood does burn, but consider the timing, day after Palm Sunday week of Easter.

2019/4/15 18:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What is the significance of the towers and organ being saved? And what about all the iconography that was spared because it had been removed due to the restoration being done?

There is no significance. These things just happen, in this case likely because someone was careless. Insurance companies are shaking in their boots, let me tell you.

Two rich French guys have already pledged about 400 million toward the rebuild.

2019/4/16 9:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

A wonderful prayer we can all echo I read today in regards to the Notre dame fire:

Let the bells ring again O Lord. May the hearts of those who have forgotten you come back from their own sinful ways and deadly ashes to lift themselves from the ground and remember You O Lord once again. Praising You all their days and fully repent from leaving You for their own lustful and worldly desires. May they begin to turn to You from the rising of the smoke, fire and ashes and regain Hope for their Salvation in You. this is my prayer. - David Bartosiewicz

and another person reporting the pledging of 100 million euro's by an individual to rebuild said:

Some good news to report. Let's pray for the reconstruction of Notre Dame to be the catalyst for a renewal and revival of the Church in France, and around the world! -
Richard L Jones

2019/4/16 21:43Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

Greg, "Notre-Dame" means "our lady." Roman Catholicism is a false, sacramental gospel of works. Nowhere in the Bible are we instructed to pray to Mary or to saints. This is an error that has plagued the church for many centuries. From 1300 to 1800 the Vatican permitted the Jesuits to slaughter over 68 million people, contrary to the teaching and example of Jesus Christ.

The Notre-Dame cathedral is, humanly speaking, a remarkable architectural feat...but so was Herod's temple. Even the disciples were impressed by its beauty, but not our Lord Jesus. He said that not one stone would be left upon another, and that was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Roman armies destroyed it.

The mother & child veneration (a false Mary & baby "Jesus") perpetuated by both the Roman Catholic church AND the Eastern Orthodox church (which split from it in the 11th century) goes all the way back to Semiramis & Tammuz (in Nimrod's day), and has reappeared in Greco-Roman art as Aphrodite & Eros and Venus & Cupid. Here's the syncretist Mystery Babylon religion appearing once again.

There has never been an anointed Word preached in Notre-Dame, but you can always go there to light a candle to the "holy virgin." Over 700 million dollars have been raised to restore the damage to this edifice. Meanwhile, France has over 2 million people (9% of the population) unemployed.

2019/4/17 19:43Profile
macbug

Southern California

Re: Religous Sins

I am sure the LORD was just as disappointed in us when we allowed slavery, turned our backs on the holocaust, wiped out the American natives, dropped two nuclear bombs on Japanese cities, then there are the television evangelists, talk about an apostate church,
let the one without sin cast the first stone. WE ARE ALL UNDER SPIRITUAL ATTACK. THE ROMANS 1400 YEARS LONGER THAN US.
I for one love the Roman's, I pray that revival would hit them Like a tsunami.
Innercessory Prayer, with tears, that is what we need for our Roman Brothers.
That's right brothers, backslided, deceived, victims of false teachers, they need our love more now than ever.

2019/4/18 1:22Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

I do not hate the people who are deceived by Roman Catholicism. I know many who are quite dear to me. What I referred to was the false religious system itself. The puritan & reformers all believed the Whore of Babylon in Revelation 17 was the Catholic religious machine.

2019/4/18 4:54Profile
macbug

Southern California

Re: zeal is not hate, if there is love

I believe the Roman fellowships have been under sustained massive spiritual attack, since the FIRST resurrection sunday.
Compromise, with the religious traditions of that day. Is why WE refer to Resurrection Sunday as " Easter". even Christmas was replacing the Roman feast day, as a student of early church history. You should recall the political compromise that Constintine had to make with a large powerful and rich PAGAN religous class. They still needed a place or had to be slaughtered.
Killing them would of triggered a Civil War or worse. So the die was cast, political compromise to promote the physical church assuming no ripple effect.
Over the centuries sin crepted in and the Bishop of Rome evolved into a emperor of a religous empire along with ALL the vices and sin absolute power attract.
Same thing happens to evangelists that find themselves in a giant cash cow, they modify the message to leverage people into giving. The Roman's sold absolution, that was a practice that pushed reformers to speak out and change.

2019/4/18 9:02Profile
macbug

Southern California

Re: Amen

And Amen

2019/4/18 19:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy