Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Receiving the Prodigals

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Receiving the Prodigals

In Luke 15, the prodigal son acknowledged his sin, he didn't write a page by page account of what he did (religious minds want to know detail, it makes their own hypocrisy look better). He simply said "Father I have have sinned against heaven and you."

The father received him without rules attached, regulations, stipulations, or 6 months of counseling. Why? The Bible said "he (the son) came to himself." He knew what he did wrong.

Church, when they come to your house beaten, broken and bruised, they already KNOW what they did. They need love, healing and encouragement. They need oil and wine poured into them. They need to see a Father's heart, not a Pharisees book of do's and dont's.

Reconsider your approach, there is a reason there are many empty seats in the house. Selah!!!

#letsgetitright #restorethem #throwaparty #theprodigalsfatherdid #GodsheartbeatsRandR #restorationandrelationship #revhouse #tulsa

Dr. Don Hughes
Lead Team
REV House
Tulsa,Oklahoma

2019/3/31 11:25Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Receiving the Prodigals

Amen.. I have a prodigal and pray for other prodigals everyday. I listened to a testimony from Perry Stone where He has a set of prayers he prayed.. I pray them everyday.. I also remember the last part.. Speak what you pray and LOVE UNCONDITIONALLy..... THe Lord has reminded me that It is HIS way and His time and I am just to pray and stay out of the way.
tHEY ARE COMING BACK.. Isa 49:25 Promises He will bring our children back from the land of the enemy.. I am learning to stay out of His way and PRAY AND PRAY AND PRAY IN faith.. I only contact when the Holy Ghost tells me too... James 5:15, KJV: "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
.. good stuff to remember His promises are yea and amen.

In Faith
waiting and praying..
Love in JESUS..
Sister Frannie"

2019/4/3 14:02Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Church, when they come to your house beaten, broken and bruised, they already KNOW what they did. They need love, healing and encouragement

Amen there needs to be the Fathers heart in our heart to accept not only the prodigal backslidder but also desire the fellowship of the more seasoned brother who has a hard time understanding the character of cheifly a God of love. We also can put ourselves in both brothers and realize at times we can struggle with why God uses another person or restores them after they fail so badly. God's ways are above our ways and His love is infinite.

2019/4/3 14:05Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Receiving the Prodigals

Hmm... interesting. It reminds me of one article "Four Types of Backsliders". And there at the end is a similar statement that our hearts must be open to welcome them, when they come back.

Here is an excerpt:

"The Right Attitude Towards Lost Younger Sons

The father of the prodigal son did not go looking for his son when he was lost. He allowed his son to reap the consequences of his rebellion. And when his son came to an end of himself, he came home on his own. He was not carried home on anyone's shoulder, like the lost sheep. He came back when he was totally sick and tired of himself. God's love for such backsliders is shown in His not going after them, but allowing them to reap what they have sown.

Many believers however lack this wisdom and seek to carry these rebellious sons on their shoulders in to the church. Thus they ruin them. On the other hand, these believers don't do much for the lost sheep. Thus because they lack discernment, they console those who should be rebuked, and rebuke those who should be consoled.

Feeding rebellious sons of God will only ensure that they never return to God. Such acts are not acts of compassion but acts of folly. Such foolish actions make these lost sons stay out in the far country even longer - and in some cases forever.

When the prodigal son returned, the father made him sit at his right hand. He didn't place his son on probation or make him live in the servant's quarters - because his son had come back in brokenness and repentance - on his own, without anyone having to persuade him.

When rebellious sons return to the church in true brokenness and repentance, our hearts must be wide open to welcome them. Here is where we see the difference in attitude between those who are like God and those who are like the Pharisees. It will certainly take time for confidence to be restored in such a prodigal son who was once rebellious. But if he has repented, he must be accepted immediately, warmly, and wholeheartedly, even if he is not given any ministry in the church for many years."

See more: https://www.cfcindia.com/article/four-types-of-backsliders

Yet I have a question: what does it mean to "feed a rebellious sons of God"? And what should be one's approach toward brothers or sisters who have left God and have turned to occultism or other things of the devil, rebellion etc. Should the Christian stop every communication / financial support for that person (for example if it is a child living in his parents home)? What do you do during the time they remain prodigals and enemies of God?

2019/4/3 16:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy