SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Joyce Meyer - I was wrong

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Joyce Meyer will no doubt get some push-back from that article from those in W.O.F. that she has ran with for decades. From her standpoint, it may be a huge step...and one I believe is in the right direction.

"what did you bring with you"? "we only have a few loaves and fishes"...but see what Jesus can do with what little we have.

This is an encouraging thing even though it's not a complete thing.

2019/3/27 11:38Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Love believes the best but where is repents

2019/3/28 7:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'm happy to hear this story. I saw someone said something about her selling everything, repentance comes from the heart. In Joel 2:12–13, the Lord calls to Israel, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.” If someone kills someone, and repents, that life cannot be brought back. My guess is if Joyce is confessing she was wrong, her heart is what had her confess this. See the problem with a lot of Christians is, they want microwave repentance "right now" I believe true repentance is a process, give her a little time, she may decide to give some of her possessions away, but that's between her and God, not for man to decide, or really comment on, just my opinion.

Marvin said "This is an encouraging thing even though it's not a complete thing." True, but give her some time, it took the almighty 6 days to complete his creation, and he's God, and if he wanted to, he probably could have completed his task in one minute. So I'm guessing there's something about time "In God's Mind" that creates perfection.

2019/3/28 9:04Profile
docs

Re:

Thank you for a wise post MrBillPro.

2019/3/28 9:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

There is one red flag for me, it's a minor point but...

quote "There's nowhere in the Bible where we're promised that we'll never have any trouble," Meyer said. "I don't care how much faith you've got. You're not going to avoid ever having trouble in your life."

If Joyce actually said this, it's a funny statement because W.O.F has never denied you will have trouble in the Christian life.

I've not read anywhere that W.O.F. teachers have preached 'trouble free Christianity'. So I'm really not sure where any real concessions are being made??

But hey, maybe they are now I don't know.

2019/4/1 13:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

She was very likely exaggerating a tad, but WOFers do believe you can speak to your problems and command them to leave.

2019/4/1 14:44Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

HI Todd: Yea, I think that's the point I might have missed
"commanding them away" is the 'imbalance' she is referring too? So, in the statement this is handled as a minor point, but maybe it was stated in a way so as not to start a fight?

Just thinking about it that's all.

2019/4/1 15:44Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

1 Tim 2:12 I permit not a woman to teach nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness

2019/4/26 21:19Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Hmmm .... I can tell not many here have ACTUAL first hand experience with WOF leaders.

Please read this .... I KNOW it is not what most expect ... but it is 100% true.
I was there in the room. I know.

"It is sometimes Gods will that we endure tough, hard, and difficult times. Those who have endured and overcome very little in natural life can normally endure very little in spiritual matters. Things get tough so they give up and quit.

It isn't good to have things too easy. In America we had a generation that came through the depression that were tough. They could push through tough things spiritually because they had conquered difficult and hard times in natural life. They never gave up and survived the most difficult times our country had faced. They also did the same in spiritual matters. Those who have endured little in the natural can rarely endure much in the spiritual.

Physically, mentally, and spiritually they were a different breed because of the things they endured and pressed on through. It's not good to have it to easy spiritually. Folks that are ALWAYS having folks pray FOR them... exercising their faith FOR them...everything going easy.. the money just rolling in with no strain on their part. Folks that have it to easy then wilt when they run up against hard times. Sooner or later you will run up against something... something hard. If you haven't run up against hard times then you haven't been far yet.

I don't know where in the world some of the so called faith people get some of the fantastic ideas they have. It's nothing in the world but mental fantasies. They think they are just going to float through life on a cloud. Float down the stream of time on a flowery bed of ease. Well....you will soon find out dear brother and sister... some of you folks entering ministry or if you get out and begin pastoring a church...you will soon find out if you are floating down a stream on a flowery bed of ease or not! Somebody will remove all the ease there is about your life from you. Crisis comes to us all.

I want to see us toughened up bless God. Get ready to win when in a spiritual battle. Tough times will surely come. However, you can be prepared. Some things you must just pray through. Stay right in there until you pray them through. Don't quit and don't faint but endure. Endure and keep pressing on with the Lord.

Ken Hagin Sr., November 14, 1986, Winter Bible Seminar, Broken Arrow Oklahoma

I was in the meeting where Ken Hagin shared this. I was actually one of his personal ushers that night. I know several dozen people that have been used mightily of God in regional revivals for the primary reason he shared about. They developed backbones like crow bars set in concrete and refused to allow the enemy to take them down or discourage them. They kept on pressing in through the very, very difficult times and a day came God rewarded their integrity and fortitude with a blessed visitation of renewal in their geographic region.

2019/4/27 17:38Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Hi cryinthenite. I noticed the scripture you pasted from Paul's letter to Timothy.

May I ask....when the scripture speaks of prophecy (or people prophesying) in the New Testament what you believe the definition of prophesying is?

2019/4/27 17:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy