SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother Philip:

Against sound counsel you are dismissing what others are saying. If I go through those scripture texts, I can assure you it will not be me or those disagreeing with you, but you brother who are missing it.
16: 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
It means Jesus body will not enter into decay, look at the context.
Acts 2:27, this is a quoting of the above text, Luke uses it in the same sense. Luke is teaching on the death and resurrection of Jesus.

I Peter 1:18-19
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
That corruptible thing is that thing which is will eventually see decay.
Jesus as a man living forever has put on incorruption by reason of his resurrection and the power of God.
Not by reason of some intrinsic quality within his blood.
Again this text does not point to Jesus blood as being "God-blood", but instead likened to that of a sacrificial lamb...an animal sacrifice.

2 peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

The context being the corruption or destruction of all things preparing the way for the new.
This has no inference to any 'blood of any kind'.

Luke 24:39 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

The context is Jesus is appearing to them as a resurrected man, not a spirit. Jesus later ate with them. This has no bearing on the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

John 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Another post-resurrection event, proving nothing regarding the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

Matthew 28:9

Another post-resurrection event, proving nothing regarding the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

This even more dangerous for your position, for as Jesus was fully human (which you have conferred) "by his own blood" not God's blood, or a hybrid blood, but by his own human blood he entered in...I can make a very clear and provable inference here you brother cannot.

mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Being received because of what? A hybrid blood? No, he was received because his sinless life lived in love and obedience to his Father...this qualified him as a sacrifice, having a precious blood to offer.
But yet without that perfect mind, a perfect heart, a will that was always in perfect alignment with God's will and heart that blood would never avail anything.

The rest of the texts offered have never been disputed as to our redemption.

Philip, whenever you offer up proof texts like this, you don't prove your position, you prove mine...I don't need any greek definition or any nuances of meaning or any theological gymnastics, the straight bare-faced reading eliminates any necessity for any of us to reconsider our interpretation.

We are only asking that you reconsider your own interpretation.

2019/5/3 13:43Profile
cup

Re: The human flesh and human blood is not the cause of sin

Adam had a perfect human flesh with human blood. Neither his body nor his blood caused his disobedience.

Jesus Christ - the last Adam - had real human flesh and real human blood. Neither His body nor His blood caused His obedience.

You make it sound that Christ's fleshy body and blood was somehow superior than ours. That is a lie from hell!

Rom 8:3 God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh.

His flesh was just as weak as ours. Do not forget that Christ could not even carry His own cross because of weak flesh.

2019/5/4 6:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy