SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is no other blood I know of or in scripture that was acceptable to God our Father for the perfect past, present and future which was shed by Jesus Christ that could take away the sin of the whole world and do so much more for our reconciling us to the Father so completely that we might enter the Holy of Holies in the presents of Our Father and has allowed us to speak directly to "Our Father who art in Heaven"

Hebrews 9:22, “...without shedding of blood is no remission.” Jesus' death was just as important as His blood sacrifice, and equally important the burial and resurrection; BUT everything concerning the events of Jesus' life were leading up to the blood being applied to the Mercy Seat in Heaven.

The Blood Does NOT Merely Represent Jesus' Death!

by David J. Stewart
There is a damnable heresy circulating in many of our churches today, popularized by religious liberal, John MacArthur. Moody Publishers sadly prints all of MacArthur's liberal books these days. Moody Ministries has really gone downhill spiritually. Dr. MacArthur teaches that Jesus' liquid blood has no value or significance in and of itself. He claims that Jesus' blood is important only in the sense that it represents the DEATH of Christ. Nothing could be further from the truth!
In MacArthur's Bible commentary, he teaches that Hebrews 9:12 doesn't mean what it says. Hebrews 9:12, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” John MacArthur teaches that the phrase “BY HIS OWN BLOOD” only refers to Jesus' death, and not Christ's literal blood. It is a sinful thing to diminish the literal teachings of the Bible as only being figurative unless the Bible indicates otherwise. For example: In Revelation 1:20 we are told that the mystery of the seven stars are the seven angels, and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches. No where in the Bible are we ever told that the death of Jesus is represented by the blood. Thus, if the Bible teaches in Hebrews 9:12 that Jesus entered into the heavenly holy place BY HIS OWN BLOOD, then we must accept this truth literally. MacArthur is perverting the Scriptures.
When God told Moses to warn the Israelites concerning the coming 10th plague, i.e., the death of the firstborn, the people were instructed to kill a lamb, and then APPLY the lamb's blood to the side and upper doorposts of the home. John MacArthur likely learned his heresies from Robert B. Thieme Jr. and John MacArthur Exodus 12:23, “And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.” Did you read that ... WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD!!!
...WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD!!!
R.B. Thieme Jr. and John MacArthur Jr. are fools to diminish the importance of the literal, physical, blood of Jesus Christ. MacArthur has tried to defend himself by saying that he loves the blood of Jesus and upholds it's importance; but he plainly maintains that the blood is only important and precious in that it REPRESENTS THE DEATH of Christ. MacArthur clearly denies the efficacy (power) of Christ's literal, physical, blood.
Carefully notice that the Lord wasn't looking for the dead lamb. Rather, the blood had to be APPLIED. Also, please read, The Importance of the Blood. Hebrews 10:29, “Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (This means that the blood of the covenant is a Holy Thing.)
The blood is very important. The Bible is very plain that Jesus entered into the heavenly holy place after He arose from the dead. Jesus ascended into Heaven with His blood. The blood had to be applied. Hebrews 9:12, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” Shame on these fake Bible scholars who trample upon the blood. MacArthur is wrong, wrong, wrong to say that Jesus' blood is precious to him when in reality he only sees Christ's blood as symbolic of His death.

In Christ: By the sprinkling of His Blood: Phillip

2019/9/6 0:07Profile
cup

Re:

you wrote

There is no other blood I know of or in scripture that was acceptable to God our Father for the perfect past, present and future which was shed by Jesus Christ that could take away the sin of the whole world and do so much more for our reconciling us to the Father so completely that we might enter the Holy of Holies in the presents of Our Father and has allowed us to speak directly to "Our Father who art in Heaven"

Hebrews 9:22, “...without shedding of blood is no remission.” Jesus' death was just as important as His blood sacrifice, and equally important the burial and resurrection; BUT everything concerning the events of Jesus' life were leading up to the blood being applied to the Mercy Seat in Heaven.
----

I do agree with you but the Scriptures plainly teach that Jesus Christ had NORMAL HUMAN BLOOD. If He did not, He could not be the Last Adam nor could He be our high priest. Why do insist on believing a lie straight from the devil?

2019/9/6 4:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The blood of Jesus is better, and it has ushered us into greater realities than our minds can safely wrap around. I pray that we would experience a better revelation of Jesus’ precious, powerful blood.
The power of Jesus’ blood brought us into a better reality than Eden. In Eden, God walked with man. Because of Jesus, God lives in man through the Holy Spirit (John 14:17).
The power of Jesus’ blood brought us into a better glory than the Old Covenant. In the Old Covenant, priests could die because of their behavior in the presence; because of Jesus’ behavior, we can live as a people inhabited by God’s presence (2 Cor. 3).
The power of Jesus’ blood made it possible for our tent of human flesh, stained by sin in the Garden, to become a fit dwelling place for the holy presence (1 Cor. 6:19).
Jesus’ Blood Made You Fit to Be God’s House on Earth!
This absolutely overwhelms me. The presence of the Genesis 1:1 God (who spoke the worlds into existence!) now resides in our mortal, human flesh. Reflect on it even further ...
The blood of Jesus made it possible for our flesh to remain intact while housing the eternal, immortal, indescribable glory of God. The Holy Spirit is not a second-class citizen. He is not some lesser Person of the Trinity. He is God Almighty, and it is He who has come to live in you!
I invite you to make this your meditation this year and forever. The Holy Spirit lives within you. This means that God, the creator and sustainer of all things, has come to take up residence in your body. There is no closer He can come than inside of you! And get this—His presence has not come to visit, but to remain. Not for a season. Not while you’re good enough, when you become perfect or when you finally have it all together. This reality is not a temporary, Old Testament deal where the Holy Spirit comes upon you for a season or a task, then leaves. No. Jesus said that the Spirit would abide with you forever (John 14:16).
The blood of Jesus made it possible for you to be indwelt by God Himself. Truly, this is a testimony of the power of Jesus’ blood and what makes it the most powerful force in all of the universe.
The holy presence of God that no temple or tabernacle could truly contain now resides in your tent of redeemed flesh and blood. The glory that Moses could only behold in part, lest he be completely vaporized, now inhabits your mortal frame. Bricks and mortar were never God’s ultimate design—they simply gave us a prophetic picture for the glorious house that Jesus would lay down his life to build: a people filled with God that see God’s glory cover the earth as the water covers the sea!

By: Larry Sparks who is the author of Breakthrough Healing (Destiny Image, 2014). He is a conference speaker, blogger, columnist and host of the weekly radio program Voice of Destiny (www.thevoiceofdestiny.org).

In Christ: Phillip

Listen to:

Phillips, Craig & Dean :: I Am Crucified With Christ

Tears flow every time I watch it.

2019/10/9 3:56Profile
cup

Chrsit's blood

I do agree with this but Jesus Christ, the human man was not born with sinless blood. The fact that Christ did not sin gave his normal human blood value. Christ's blood did not make Him sinless. It was God the Father manifiesting Himself in Christ's human body and human blood.

2019/10/9 6:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Chrsit's blood

The completion of "be ye Holy for I am Holy"; By Arthur Murray.

"" God has separated you unto HIMSELF, and that you might feel this He set His mark upon you. That mark is the most wonderful thing that is to be found on earth or in heavenTHE BLOOD OF JESUS. The blood in which the life of the eternal Son of God is; the blood that on the throne of grace is ever before God's face; the blood that assures you of full redemption from the power of sin; that blood is sprinkled upon you, (as upon the priests of the earthly tabernacle) as a sign that you belong to God.
Believer, I pray you, let every thought about the blood awaken in you the glorious confession, "By his own blood, the Lord Jesus has sanctified me, he has taken complete possession of me for God, and I belong entirely to God."
We have seen that SANCTIFICATION is more than separation. That is only the beginning. We have seen also that personal consecration and hearty willing surrender to live only for, and in God's holy will, is part of SANCTIFICATION.
In what way can the blood of Christ work out this surrender in us, and SANCTIFY us in that surrender? The answer is not difficult. It is not enough to believe fully in the power of the blood to redeem us, and to free us from sin, but we must, above all, notice the source of this power.
We know that it has this power, because of the willingness with which the Lord Jesus surrenders Himself. In the shedding of His blood He sanctifies: Himself, offered Himself entirely to God and His holiness. It is because of this that the blood is so holy, and possesses such sanctifying power. In the blood we have an impressive representation of the self-surrender of Christ. The blood ever speaks of the consecration of Jesus to the Father, as the opening of the way, and supplying the power for victory over sin. And the closer we come into contact with the blood, and the more we live under the deep impression of having been sprinkled by the blood, we shall hear more clearly the voice of the blood, declare that "Entire surrender to God is the way to full redemption from sin."
The voice of the blood will not speak simply to teach us or to awaken thought; the blood speaks with a divine and life giving power. What it commands, that it bestows. It works out in us the same disposition that was in our Lord Jesus. By His own blood Jesus sanctifies Himself then us, that we, holding nothing back, might surrender ourselves with all our hearts to the holy will of God.

But CONSECRATION itself even along with any; following SEPARATION is still only a preparation, Entire Sanctification takes place when God takes possession of and fills with His glory the temple that is consecrated to Him. "There will I meet with the children of Israel, and they shall be sanctified by my glory" (Exod. xxix. 43j. Actual, complete SANCTIFICATION consists in God's impartation of His own holiness-of Himself.

Here also the blood speaks:-It tells us that heaven is opened, that the powers of the heavenly life have come down to earth, that every hindrance has been removed, and God can make His abode with man.
Immediate nearness and fellowship with God, are made possible by the blood. The believer who surrenders himself unreservedly to the blood, obtains the full assurance that God will bestow Himself wholly, and will reveal His holiness in him.

How glorious are the results of such a SANCTIFICATION! Through the Holy Spirit, the soul's intercourse is in the living experience of God's abiding nearness ; accompanied by the awakening of the tenderest carefulness against sin; guarded by caution and the fear of God.

But to live in watchfulness against sin does not satisfy the soul. The temple must not only be cleansed but it must be filled with God's glory. All the virtues of divine holiness, as manifested in the Lord Jesus, are to be sought for and found, in fellowship with God. Sanctification means union with God in the eternal life and power of the Blood of Christ; fellowship in His will; sharing His life; conformity to His image.

Christians-"Wherefore Jesus also . . . suffered without the gate that he might sanctify his people with his own blood. Let us go forth unto him without the camp." Yes; it is He who sanctifies His people. "Let us go forth unto him." Let us trust Him to make known to us the power of the blood. Let us yield ourselves wholly to its blessed efficacy. That blood, through which He sanctified Himself, has entered heaven to open it for us. It can make our hearts also a throne of God, that the grace and glory of God may dwell in us. Yes; "let us go forth unto him without the camp." He who is willing to lose, and say farewell to everything, in order that Jesus may sanctify him, will not fail to obtain the blessing. He who is willing at any cost to experience the full power of the precious blood, can confidently reckon that he will be sanctified by Jesus Himself, through that blood.

"The very God of peace sanctify you wholly with the only precious blood that God the Father has accepted for eternity to take away your sin and mine and the whole world in believing it." Amen.""

In Christ, we sprinkled by the Blood of Christ: as His Father and ours sees us perfect in Christ: Phillip

2019/10/16 5:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy