SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is no other blood I know of or in scripture that was acceptable to God our Father for the perfect past, present and future which was shed by Jesus Christ that could take away the sin of the whole world and do so much more for our reconciling us to the Father so completely that we might enter the Holy of Holies in the presents of Our Father and has allowed us to speak directly to "Our Father who art in Heaven"

Hebrews 9:22, “...without shedding of blood is no remission.” Jesus' death was just as important as His blood sacrifice, and equally important the burial and resurrection; BUT everything concerning the events of Jesus' life were leading up to the blood being applied to the Mercy Seat in Heaven.

The Blood Does NOT Merely Represent Jesus' Death!

by David J. Stewart
There is a damnable heresy circulating in many of our churches today, popularized by religious liberal, John MacArthur. Moody Publishers sadly prints all of MacArthur's liberal books these days. Moody Ministries has really gone downhill spiritually. Dr. MacArthur teaches that Jesus' liquid blood has no value or significance in and of itself. He claims that Jesus' blood is important only in the sense that it represents the DEATH of Christ. Nothing could be further from the truth!
In MacArthur's Bible commentary, he teaches that Hebrews 9:12 doesn't mean what it says. Hebrews 9:12, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” John MacArthur teaches that the phrase “BY HIS OWN BLOOD” only refers to Jesus' death, and not Christ's literal blood. It is a sinful thing to diminish the literal teachings of the Bible as only being figurative unless the Bible indicates otherwise. For example: In Revelation 1:20 we are told that the mystery of the seven stars are the seven angels, and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches. No where in the Bible are we ever told that the death of Jesus is represented by the blood. Thus, if the Bible teaches in Hebrews 9:12 that Jesus entered into the heavenly holy place BY HIS OWN BLOOD, then we must accept this truth literally. MacArthur is perverting the Scriptures.
When God told Moses to warn the Israelites concerning the coming 10th plague, i.e., the death of the firstborn, the people were instructed to kill a lamb, and then APPLY the lamb's blood to the side and upper doorposts of the home. John MacArthur likely learned his heresies from Robert B. Thieme Jr. and John MacArthur Exodus 12:23, “And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.” Did you read that ... WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD!!!
...WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD!!!
R.B. Thieme Jr. and John MacArthur Jr. are fools to diminish the importance of the literal, physical, blood of Jesus Christ. MacArthur has tried to defend himself by saying that he loves the blood of Jesus and upholds it's importance; but he plainly maintains that the blood is only important and precious in that it REPRESENTS THE DEATH of Christ. MacArthur clearly denies the efficacy (power) of Christ's literal, physical, blood.
Carefully notice that the Lord wasn't looking for the dead lamb. Rather, the blood had to be APPLIED. Also, please read, The Importance of the Blood. Hebrews 10:29, “Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (This means that the blood of the covenant is a Holy Thing.)
The blood is very important. The Bible is very plain that Jesus entered into the heavenly holy place after He arose from the dead. Jesus ascended into Heaven with His blood. The blood had to be applied. Hebrews 9:12, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” Shame on these fake Bible scholars who trample upon the blood. MacArthur is wrong, wrong, wrong to say that Jesus' blood is precious to him when in reality he only sees Christ's blood as symbolic of His death.

In Christ: By the sprinkling of His Blood: Phillip

2019/9/6 0:07Profile
cup

Re:

you wrote

There is no other blood I know of or in scripture that was acceptable to God our Father for the perfect past, present and future which was shed by Jesus Christ that could take away the sin of the whole world and do so much more for our reconciling us to the Father so completely that we might enter the Holy of Holies in the presents of Our Father and has allowed us to speak directly to "Our Father who art in Heaven"

Hebrews 9:22, “...without shedding of blood is no remission.” Jesus' death was just as important as His blood sacrifice, and equally important the burial and resurrection; BUT everything concerning the events of Jesus' life were leading up to the blood being applied to the Mercy Seat in Heaven.
----

I do agree with you but the Scriptures plainly teach that Jesus Christ had NORMAL HUMAN BLOOD. If He did not, He could not be the Last Adam nor could He be our high priest. Why do insist on believing a lie straight from the devil?

2019/9/6 4:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The blood of Jesus is better, and it has ushered us into greater realities than our minds can safely wrap around. I pray that we would experience a better revelation of Jesus’ precious, powerful blood.
The power of Jesus’ blood brought us into a better reality than Eden. In Eden, God walked with man. Because of Jesus, God lives in man through the Holy Spirit (John 14:17).
The power of Jesus’ blood brought us into a better glory than the Old Covenant. In the Old Covenant, priests could die because of their behavior in the presence; because of Jesus’ behavior, we can live as a people inhabited by God’s presence (2 Cor. 3).
The power of Jesus’ blood made it possible for our tent of human flesh, stained by sin in the Garden, to become a fit dwelling place for the holy presence (1 Cor. 6:19).
Jesus’ Blood Made You Fit to Be God’s House on Earth!
This absolutely overwhelms me. The presence of the Genesis 1:1 God (who spoke the worlds into existence!) now resides in our mortal, human flesh. Reflect on it even further ...
The blood of Jesus made it possible for our flesh to remain intact while housing the eternal, immortal, indescribable glory of God. The Holy Spirit is not a second-class citizen. He is not some lesser Person of the Trinity. He is God Almighty, and it is He who has come to live in you!
I invite you to make this your meditation this year and forever. The Holy Spirit lives within you. This means that God, the creator and sustainer of all things, has come to take up residence in your body. There is no closer He can come than inside of you! And get this—His presence has not come to visit, but to remain. Not for a season. Not while you’re good enough, when you become perfect or when you finally have it all together. This reality is not a temporary, Old Testament deal where the Holy Spirit comes upon you for a season or a task, then leaves. No. Jesus said that the Spirit would abide with you forever (John 14:16).
The blood of Jesus made it possible for you to be indwelt by God Himself. Truly, this is a testimony of the power of Jesus’ blood and what makes it the most powerful force in all of the universe.
The holy presence of God that no temple or tabernacle could truly contain now resides in your tent of redeemed flesh and blood. The glory that Moses could only behold in part, lest he be completely vaporized, now inhabits your mortal frame. Bricks and mortar were never God’s ultimate design—they simply gave us a prophetic picture for the glorious house that Jesus would lay down his life to build: a people filled with God that see God’s glory cover the earth as the water covers the sea!

By: Larry Sparks who is the author of Breakthrough Healing (Destiny Image, 2014). He is a conference speaker, blogger, columnist and host of the weekly radio program Voice of Destiny (www.thevoiceofdestiny.org).

In Christ: Phillip

Listen to:

Phillips, Craig & Dean :: I Am Crucified With Christ

Tears flow every time I watch it.

2019/10/9 3:56Profile
cup

Chrsit's blood

I do agree with this but Jesus Christ, the human man was not born with sinless blood. The fact that Christ did not sin gave his normal human blood value. Christ's blood did not make Him sinless. It was God the Father manifiesting Himself in Christ's human body and human blood.

2019/10/9 6:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Chrsit's blood

The completion of "be ye Holy for I am Holy"; By Arthur Murray.

"" God has separated you unto HIMSELF, and that you might feel this He set His mark upon you. That mark is the most wonderful thing that is to be found on earth or in heavenTHE BLOOD OF JESUS. The blood in which the life of the eternal Son of God is; the blood that on the throne of grace is ever before God's face; the blood that assures you of full redemption from the power of sin; that blood is sprinkled upon you, (as upon the priests of the earthly tabernacle) as a sign that you belong to God.
Believer, I pray you, let every thought about the blood awaken in you the glorious confession, "By his own blood, the Lord Jesus has sanctified me, he has taken complete possession of me for God, and I belong entirely to God."
We have seen that SANCTIFICATION is more than separation. That is only the beginning. We have seen also that personal consecration and hearty willing surrender to live only for, and in God's holy will, is part of SANCTIFICATION.
In what way can the blood of Christ work out this surrender in us, and SANCTIFY us in that surrender? The answer is not difficult. It is not enough to believe fully in the power of the blood to redeem us, and to free us from sin, but we must, above all, notice the source of this power.
We know that it has this power, because of the willingness with which the Lord Jesus surrenders Himself. In the shedding of His blood He sanctifies: Himself, offered Himself entirely to God and His holiness. It is because of this that the blood is so holy, and possesses such sanctifying power. In the blood we have an impressive representation of the self-surrender of Christ. The blood ever speaks of the consecration of Jesus to the Father, as the opening of the way, and supplying the power for victory over sin. And the closer we come into contact with the blood, and the more we live under the deep impression of having been sprinkled by the blood, we shall hear more clearly the voice of the blood, declare that "Entire surrender to God is the way to full redemption from sin."
The voice of the blood will not speak simply to teach us or to awaken thought; the blood speaks with a divine and life giving power. What it commands, that it bestows. It works out in us the same disposition that was in our Lord Jesus. By His own blood Jesus sanctifies Himself then us, that we, holding nothing back, might surrender ourselves with all our hearts to the holy will of God.

But CONSECRATION itself even along with any; following SEPARATION is still only a preparation, Entire Sanctification takes place when God takes possession of and fills with His glory the temple that is consecrated to Him. "There will I meet with the children of Israel, and they shall be sanctified by my glory" (Exod. xxix. 43j. Actual, complete SANCTIFICATION consists in God's impartation of His own holiness-of Himself.

Here also the blood speaks:-It tells us that heaven is opened, that the powers of the heavenly life have come down to earth, that every hindrance has been removed, and God can make His abode with man.
Immediate nearness and fellowship with God, are made possible by the blood. The believer who surrenders himself unreservedly to the blood, obtains the full assurance that God will bestow Himself wholly, and will reveal His holiness in him.

How glorious are the results of such a SANCTIFICATION! Through the Holy Spirit, the soul's intercourse is in the living experience of God's abiding nearness ; accompanied by the awakening of the tenderest carefulness against sin; guarded by caution and the fear of God.

But to live in watchfulness against sin does not satisfy the soul. The temple must not only be cleansed but it must be filled with God's glory. All the virtues of divine holiness, as manifested in the Lord Jesus, are to be sought for and found, in fellowship with God. Sanctification means union with God in the eternal life and power of the Blood of Christ; fellowship in His will; sharing His life; conformity to His image.

Christians-"Wherefore Jesus also . . . suffered without the gate that he might sanctify his people with his own blood. Let us go forth unto him without the camp." Yes; it is He who sanctifies His people. "Let us go forth unto him." Let us trust Him to make known to us the power of the blood. Let us yield ourselves wholly to its blessed efficacy. That blood, through which He sanctified Himself, has entered heaven to open it for us. It can make our hearts also a throne of God, that the grace and glory of God may dwell in us. Yes; "let us go forth unto him without the camp." He who is willing to lose, and say farewell to everything, in order that Jesus may sanctify him, will not fail to obtain the blessing. He who is willing at any cost to experience the full power of the precious blood, can confidently reckon that he will be sanctified by Jesus Himself, through that blood.

"The very God of peace sanctify you wholly with the only precious blood that God the Father has accepted for eternity to take away your sin and mine and the whole world in believing it." Amen.""

In Christ, we sprinkled by the Blood of Christ: as His Father and ours sees us perfect in Christ: Phillip

2019/10/16 5:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

These sermon manuscripts are not copyrighted. You may use them without Dr. Hymers’
permission. However, all of Dr. Hymers’ video messages are copyrighted
and can only be used by permission.
Prayer Before the Sermon by Mr. Abel Prudhomme.
Solo Before the Sermon by Mr. Benjamin Kincaid Griffith:
“Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness”
(by Count Nicholas von Zinzendorf, 1700-1760;
translated by John Wesley, 1703-1791).

THE OUTLINE OF
THE INCORRUPTIBLE AND REDEEMING
BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
by Dr. R. L. Hymers, Jr.
"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold…But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (I Peter 1:18-19).
I. First, the Blood of Christ is incorruptible, Psalm 16:10;
Acts 2:27, 31; I Peter 1:18-19; II Peter 3:10-11; Luke 24:39, 37;
John 20:27, 17; Matthew 28:9; Hebrews 9:11-12; Mark 16:19.
II. Second, the Blood of Christ is necessary for your redemption,
Galatians 3:13; II Timothy 2:26; Psalm 7:11.

https://www.rlhymersjr.com/Online_Sermons/2015/091315PM_RedeemingBloodOfChrist.html

I thought this is a very beautiful ending to this thread;
"Be ye Holy for I am Holy".

There is only one thing that sets me free. That thing is the most powerful work of God, in the incorruptible body and blood of Jesus Christ that has occurred for those that believe the Gospel; The cleansing incorruptible power of the Blood of Christ, its power will last forever for all those that trust in the only thing that makes me holy as He is holy, "The Blood of Christ".

2019/12/19 7:11Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: quotes and statics can be made to say what you want

It's an important thing to be careful when quoting someone so that by their testimony you use it to validate your own interpretation.

In most cases it seems a good thing and profitable to have validation by the mouth of two or three witnesses. The scriptures themselves declare that unifying testimony to be vouchsafed in heaven.

But so many quotes and sermons are but gloss to the real corrosive...namely a hybrid Jesus with God-blood, carrying metaphysical properties only found by the use of modern science and speculations admixed in epigenetic theory.

It would be wonderful to approach Zinzendorf or any of the other saints whom quoted...would vouch for this hybrid Jesus and declare with you the miracle working properties found intrinsic to Jesus blood.

Would they vouch for a God-blood that inherent in its design needs no divinity for sin cleansing? You may leave the Father God out, you may leave the Spirit of God out...and still by divine metaphysician call Jesus more than man, but hybrid man. The Nicene and all through the old creeds the admixture of human and divine was anathema, there were no orthodox holding to human-gods for this was the stock and trade of the pagan. No Christianity was different in that it admitted no admixtures of human and divine to create a hybrid.

The ancients knew well to hold to the indwelling of the Divine in humanity and the partaking by a human of the divine, but the two were never mixed into one.

The homoousios of the Father and the Son denotes a same essence, but this mixture of God and man in blood form denotes pagan ideas. God dwells with and shall be in us, but we are never the same.

2019/12/19 16:26Profile
cup

Re: Phillip- You are preaching a FALSE Christ

Phillip

This is not just a disagreement on doctrine.

This is extremely serious issue and is the teaching of the Anti-Christ. It cuts the the very core of true Christianity.

You are presenting a FALSE Christ who could never represent the human race and could not really save anyone!!!

The scripture is clear on this issue.

Rom 8:3 "God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh."

Heb 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Heb 2:16-18, "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted."

1 John 4:1-3 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

You have totally disregarded these scriptures and warnings from other people on the site.

REPENT from this false teaching and stop presenting a FALSE Christ that can save no one!!

2019/12/20 13:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Mike - You are preaching a FALSE Christ

"""But Christ Himself cannot make us partakers of eternal life which He has procured for us, save by the shedding of His blood, and causing us to drink it. Marvellous fact! " NOT WITHOUT BLOOD " can eternal life be ours.
Equally striking is our Lord's declaration of the same truth on the last night of His earthly life. Before He completed the great work of His life by giving it " as a ransom for many," He instituted the Holy Supper, saying-" This cup is the New Testament in MY BLOOD that is shed for you and for many for the remission of sins. Drink ye all of it." (Matt. xxvi. 28). "without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins." Without remission of sins there is no life. But by the shedding of His BLOOD He has obtained a new life for us. By what He calls " the drinking of His blood " He shares His life with us. The blood SHED in the Atonement, which frees us from the SIN, the guilt of sin; and from death, the punishment of sin; the blood, which by faith we drink, bestows on us His life. The BLOOD He shed was, in the first place FOR us, and is then given TO us.
III. THE TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES UNDER THE INSPIRATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
After His Resurrection and Ascension, our Lord is not any longer known by the Apostles "after the flesh." Now, all that was symbolical has passed away, and the deep spiritual truths expressed by symbol, are unveiled.
But there is no veiling of THE BLOOD. It still occupies a prominent place.
Turn first to the Epistle to the Hebrews, which was written purposely to show that the Temple service had become unprofitable, and was intended by God to pass away, now that Christ had come.
Here, if anywhere, it might be expected that the Holy Spirit would emphasise the true spirituality of God's purpose, yet it is just here that the Blood of Jesus is spoken of in a manner that imparts a new value to the phrase.
We read concerning our Lord that "by His own blood he entered into the holy place" (Heb. ix. 12).
"The Blood of Christ-shall purge your conscience" ( ver. 14).
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus" (Heb. x. I9).
"Ye are come-to Jesus the Mediator of the New Covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling" (xii. 24).
"Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood suffered without the gate" (xiii. 12, 23).
"God-brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus-through the blood of the everlasting covenant" (xiii. 20).
By such words the Holy Spirit teaches us that the blood is really the central power of our entire redemption. "NOT WITHOUT BLOOD" is as valid in the New Testament as in the Old.
Nothing but the Blood of Jesus, shed in His death for sin, can cover sin on God's side, or remove it on ours.
We find the same teaching in the writings of the Apostles. Paul writes of "being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus . . . through faith in his blood" (Rom. iii. 24, 25), Of "being now justified by his blood" (v. 9).
To the Corinthians he declares that the "cup of blessing which we bless is the communion of the Blood of Christ" (I Cor. x. I6).
In the Epistle to the Galatians he uses the word "CROSS" to convey the same meaning, while in Colossians he united the two words and speaks of "The Blood of his Cross" (Gal. vi. 14 ; Col. i. 20).
He reminds the Ephesians that "We have redemption through his blood" and that we "are made nigh by the blood of Christ" (Eph. i. 7 and ii. I3).
Peter reminds his readers that they were "Elect . . . unto obedience and sprinkling of the Blood of Jesus" (I Pet. i. 2), that they were redeemed by "the precious blood of Christ" (ver. 19).
See how John assures his "little children" that "The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (I John i. 7). The Son is He "who came not by water only but by water and blood" (v. 6).
All of them agree together in mentioning the blood, and in glorying in it, as the power by which eternal redemption through Christ, is fully accomplished, and is then applied by the Holy Spirit.
IV. But perhaps this is merely earthly language. What has Heaven to say? WHAT DO we LEARN FROM THE BOOK OF REVELATION CONCERNING THE FUTURE GLORY AND THE BLOOD?
It is of the greatest importance to notice, that in the revelation which God has given in this book, of the glory of His throne, and the blessedness of those who surround it, the blood still retains its remarkably prominent place.
On the throne John saw "A Lamb as it had been slain" (Rev. v. 6). As the Elders fell down before the Lamb they sang a new song saying, "Thou art worthy . . . for thou vast slain and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood" (vers. 8 and 9).
Later on when he saw the great company which no man could number, he was told in reply to his question as to who they were, "They have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Then again, when he heard the song of victory over the defeat of Satan, its strain was, "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb" (xii. 11).
In the glory of heaven, as seen by John, there was no phrase by which the great purposes of God; the wondrous love of the Son of God; the power of His redemption; and the joy and thanksgiving of the redeemed; can be gathered up and expressed save this-"THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB." From the beginning to the end of Scripture; from the closing of the gates of Eden, to the opening of the gates of the Heavenly Zion, there runs through Scripture a golden tbread. It is "THE BLOOD" that unites the beginning and the end; that gloriously restores what sin had destroyed.
It is not difficult to see what lessons the Lord wishes us to learn from the fact that the blood occupies such a prominent place in Scripture.
i. God has no other way of dealing with sin, or the sinner,
save through the blood.
For victory over sin and the deliverance of the sinner God has no other means or thought than "THE BLOOD OF CHRIST." Yes, it is indeed something that surpasses all understanding."""

by Andrew Murray

Murray does not use the Blood of Christ as just a symbol of His death. The blood on the door posts had to be seen, the people had to be sprinkled by Moses, the mercy seat had to be sprinkled by blood of Christ in the Heavenly Holy of Holies. Without the shed blood of Christ and its proper use the death of Christ could not take away the sin of the world.

2020/2/23 7:37Profile
cup

Re: The Blood of Christ

Mike - I agree with all scriptures concerning the blood but you claim that Christ's blood was not human blood like ours.

So you are saying Christ did NOT come to earth in human flesh and blood which is a lie and has its roots spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1-3 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

REPENT from this false teaching and stop presenting a FALSE Christ that can save no one!!

2020/2/23 8:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy