SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen doesnt believe John 14:6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

I do want to be clear, my post here is not intended to slam another ministry or pastor, proclaiming the Gospel. My stand is to be obedient first to the Lord and contend for the faith, that was given to His Church! If we do not speak out against the false doctrine in a proper attitude, of the Spirit, we may find our hands bloody from the innocent and the decieved. I believe in these last days, even a precious brother, Oswald Chambers would not put up with much of what has been excepted as Truth.

2005/7/8 19:12Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

I just have to respond to this. I'd like to share a conversation that I recently had with my mom about Joel Osteen.

My mom recently gave her life to Christ and she bought Joel's best-selling book "your best life now". Well a few weeks ago she called me and said "Tina, It's so strange. I've been reading Joel's book and reading the book you gave me [a women's inspiration bible] and they seem like they are representing two different Gods. Joel's book tells me I can be successful, have a big house, promotoins, to think possitive and I will have it all. On the other hand your book tells me to give it all to God. To live 100% for HIM and to not worry about the rest. I'm confused, it's like i'm getting mixed messages."

Here is my mother a "baby christian" and she's confused by Joel's message, It has become a stumbling block to her. She is single, lives on a fixed income, doesn't have a fancy house, job or car. She's content and has peace with her life...that is until she starts reading Joel's book. She's feeling like a failure, like she doesn't have enough faith or isn't positive enough to receive God's best for her life. Now I have not read the book, but this what my mom got from it.

2005/7/8 19:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Everything happens for a reason as God is involved in His kids lives all the time. God had a reason for having Pastor Joel on this talk show and I have my opinion as to why, but my opinion does not count this time. God is in the process of purifying saints, myself being at the top of His list, and He does it in ways we can't even imagine or understand. He constantly refines us to clean out the things that do not magnify Jesus. He has to clean up His church (us) first, before he can attract the world of the lost. Get ready for pruning brother because some of it is going to hurt. Ouch! Did you feel that?.:-P

A friend of mine called me right before the show was starting and told me to watch it, but I told him I was not going to because I did not feel that I should. Sure enough, after what was discussed, I was glad that God kept me from watching the program. ;-)

2005/7/8 20:32Profile

Re:

Y'all... I changed the title of the thread because it was a little too controversial. I think this title is still controversial... but very very true.

Krispy

2005/7/9 6:30

Re: Who can we watch?

How about watching the leading Holy Spirit?

I would say the vast majority of posters here would refer to themselves as mature Christians. I would agree with that as well. Is it not time for us to be preachers and teachers?

I know there must be somebody on TV who is preaching led by the Holy Spirit. Many on TV started that way. But big business has lured them into modifying the truth of God's Word.

Folks, these TV preachers need prayer.

I visited Lakewood Church.......once. Once was enough. I just did not feel right in the place. So who am I to matter if I feel right in a place or not? Well, it's probably not important to you at all. But it is very important to me.

Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice". Those who continually feed on spiritual pablum are seeking what satisfies the flesh, not the spirit.

I think the bible refers to it as the "apostacy". It looks good and tastes good, but it does not satisfy where it counts. That is why the carnal minded keep flocking to this mess, and worse yet, funding it's continuation. The horrible part about it is that millions will show up at Heaven's Gate and think they have "made it" only to hear Jesus tell them to depart, for He never knew them. Instead of refering to what Jesus said, they will refer to what their preacher said and Jesus will have no choice but to deny them.

It is the Holy Spirit Who leads and guides into all truth. Yes, He often uses others to "feed us" until we can "feed ourselves". But once we begin to mature, books, tapes, and video about the bible should pale at the desire for the Book of Books. Our "need" to listen to others should fade and our hunger should be for the meat of the Gospel. Our feet should begin to realize that we are now standing....on the Rock of our salvation.

Saints, there will be apostate preachers and teachers until Jesus comes again. We are to place all our hope, not in man, but in the Good Shephard, Jesus Christ. When "men" get in public places and cowar at the truth, this should not surprise us. They are proclaiming the truth of God's Word because He warned us this would happen.

Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me. Not the Holy Spirit lifted up. Not the big name preacher lifted up. Jesus. Where the Spirit of God is, Jesus will be gloried. It's not about Joel Osteen, or you, or me. It's all about Jesus. He is the author and the finisher of our faith. He has more delightful truth for anyone who will take Him at His Word, than all the preachers in this world combined.

What makes people like Tozer, Ravenhill, and so many more such memorable figures on this site is because these men were worshippers. They spent time with God. God and His Messiah was the passion of their lives. Their ministry was what spilled out of an overflowing life in Christ Jesus. That is why His Word flows so sweetly from them. It is Life, because it is inspired by God. Sadly, men like this have fallen by the way side for a substitute. Satan is in the "substitute business", has been from the beginning. What we see all around us today is inspired by personal gain more than anything else, gain and control. Big kingdoms are hard to manage..by yourself.

God said, "I set before you life and death, choose life". The life is in the blood. The blood had better be that of Jesus Christ and no other. Our righteousness and holiness had better be imputed to us by Him, or it will never stand in the presence of the Father. If you are not immersed in Christ, you are lost. Turn off the "tv man", and turn to Jesus. Immerse yourself in His life, and you will have plenty to talk about, plenty to share. Not only will you be alive in Christ, but from your belly shall flow rivers of living water. To God be the glory, now and forever amen.

at peace with God through Jesus Christ my Lord,

Lahry

2005/7/9 7:56
moreofHim

Re: amen Lahry

Lahry,

amen to your post! Apostacy is the first word that comes to my mind as well when it comes to this kind of easy/sweet gospel. It concerns me and yes, we need to stand up and offer the real thing. We need to be bold about proclaiming the real gospel which is to not only believe on Him, but if we are to be His disciples we must deny ourselves, pick up our cross and follow after Him.

'"If any of you wants to be my follower," he told them, "you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me.' Mark 8:34

In Christ, Chanin

2005/7/9 8:24Profile

Re:

Narrow is the road and few are those who find it... and anytime something comes along that is incredible popular I am immediately suspect of it. I think the whole Purpose Driven phenom is the best example of this. It's just amazing that so many people who call themselves believers bite on these things. It used to be the devil had to use fancy fishing lures and spinner baits... but anymore it seems he can just use a hook with nothing on it at all.

Simply amazing.

hmmm... the weather is nice and my analogy put the thought in my head to go fishing. I think I'll be out on the lake the rest of the day!

Later y'all!

Krispy

2005/7/9 8:44
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
something comes along that is incredible popular I am immediately suspect of it. Krispy

I think Jesus fit that catagorie when he was born, and I guess many were suspect of him. :-)

2005/7/9 8:47Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
By the way... Larry King asks these same questions to every single Christian "leader" he has on his show. He's done it for years.

Since reading this, I have received an email from Joyce Meyer Ministries to view the video of her appearance on Larry King Live. I just wanted to see what she had to say in answer to those questions. It was really good. She did not sidestep Larry King at all. I'm not sure what the locals here think of Joyce Meyer, but you have to admit she knows her Bible real well, and she ain't skeerd to tell the truth. Here's the link if anyone would like to listen. Love, Dian.
http://www.joycemeyer.org/projects/lkl_replay/LKL_replay.php

2005/7/9 15:02Profile
ChrisL

Bastrop, TX

Re:

Spitfire, Here is a link to an article you might be interested in. In His peace, Chris
http://www.afcministry.com/Joyce_Meyers.htm

2005/7/9 15:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy