SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Teaching on essential oils.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tomo07

Australia

Teaching on essential oils.

Hello fellow brothers and sisters.

Was hoping someone could recommend a good audio teaching on the dangers of essential oils with links, thanks, Pete.

2019/3/11 8:09Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Teaching on essential oils.

I've used the doTERRA Essential Oils for a long time for wasp stings and and other bites and arthritis in my hands, so I don't have anything but positive things to say about them. I actually was stung last year by a wasp near my eye, after applying the oil on the sting, the swelling went down in 45 minutes. I actually took pictures of the sting 5 minutes after the sting, and 45 minutes later, it was unbelievable how fast the swelling went down. You would not believe how I used to swell up after even just a simple honey bee sting, not anymore.

2019/3/11 9:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Peter: The oils in and of themselves are not evil. They are simply plant extracts. Some of them have definite medical benefits to your body just like any herbal remedy.

There are a lot of people out there who push essential oils and they use them in conjunction with Eastern mysticism and Pagan or New Age philosophy. You have to use discernment.

2019/3/11 9:29Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Let me add one more thing by way of anecdote. My wife was invited to a ladies conference at a church near where we live. The lady that was featured as the speaker and worship leader seemed, to my wife, to be very off spiritually. She was discerning this in the Spirit, not by any knowledge she possessed. During a break in the conference, the woman began to push essential oils and their benefits. She also offered many oils for sale. Some of the things she said (sorry, I don't remember those details) my wife immediately recognized as not being right and definitely NOT being of God.

When she returned I researched this speaker online. She was into a particular practice called raindrop therapy. It is a derivation of an ancient Lakota Sioux pagan ritual called feathering. It is pagan to the core and opens a person up to the spiritual realm in a very bad way.

That is why we need great discernment. Satan will deceive even the elect if that were possible.

Another instance. A church nearer to us had a ladies conference that featured another worship leader / speaker. I decided to do some homework prior to the conference and visited the website of this person. She featured prominently a quote by a Buddhist and mentioned the healing properties of sounds and frequencies. I found out from her website that she was into a practice called sound baths. It was a Zen Buddhist method of using sound to open up a person to the spirit realm. This lady was quoting on her website a man who composes music for that very reason and claims his songs and sounds come straight to him from the spirit realm.

Both churches that I mentioned should have known better. But I sensed a real lack of spiritual discernment.

God gave us music and it has the power to impact our souls. But like any good thing that God give, Satan perverts for his own purposes. But the fact that Satan perverted music in this way does not make worship illegitimate. It is the same, in my opinion, with essential oils. Just use discernment.

2019/3/11 9:48Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

Yes agreed, God created all plants and they have good healing properties and uses which we can thank Him for. It was more to do with new age movements, mysticism and the occult link of some products/companies that i was looking foe information on. I'm not for a second saying all are bad or good, as you said discernment is needed. I know of someone who is into it all and wanted some good teaching and advice on the subject.

2019/3/11 10:02Profile
savannah

The experience that my wife and I have had using essential oils for our family has been very good.

My advice to you would be to do your homework on essential oils and their benefits.

Two (among others) of the sources we've come to trust are, Dr. Josh Axe and Dr. Joseph Mercola.

2019/3/11 10:05Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

Thank you savannah, will check them out.

2019/3/11 10:16Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Sounds like someone may be opening "a can of worms"... but, shhhh...I've heard if you mix it with olive oil it makes for a good spread. :)

2019/3/11 10:40Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Worms in olive oil. Hmmm. Might be good. :-)

2019/3/11 10:48Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

2019/3/11 11:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy