SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why So Many Americans Are Turning to Buddhism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Why So Many Americans Are Turning to Buddhism

This story just popped up in my New Tab news feed.

"Mental-health disorders are up in Western societies, and the answer doesn’t seem to be church attendance."

Keep in mind the author of this article attended this Buddhist seminar in a church basement. This is appalling; perhaps the reason this is happening is because there is no presence of God in many churches.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/03/buddhism-meditation-anxiety-therapy/584308/

2019/3/10 12:08Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Why So Many Americans Are Turning to Buddhism

Hi Nigel: No doubt there are many reasons but one of the simplest reasons...

A secular humanist that is 'missing something' can easily add on Buddhism. Since Buddhism has no God, just self and it's own awareness the easy route to quasi-spiritual feeling and peace is adopting a religion that will not interfere with the core beliefs of the secularist.

The very pliable Buddhism can morph to whatever moral constructs a society has, there is no repentence, no God or conviction, no authoritative law or commands, there is no promise of hell or heaven just a mantra..."peace with one another" as John Lennon sang in his hallelujah..shift to Hari Krishna song.

Buddhism is just another of the names the 'broad path that leads to destruction' is called. They are already hell-bound via secularism, but renaming it Buddhism and modifying a few behaviors will distract them for a while.

This is one of the very interesting things I've found in researching atheism/secularism it always seeks to fill the void that 'no God' creates, and surprisingly the atheist secularist has little qualms about adding eastern religions or new-age spirituality.

Contradictory? Yes, Strange? Yes, but entirely normative when you look at atheist/secular societies over the last 300 years.

A true move of God in the Church and the society is the only answer and I believe praying for it is the right response.

2019/3/11 11:19Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"A true move of God in the Church and the society is the only answer and I believe praying for it is the right response."

I agree.

Btw I think that song was George Harrison, not John Lennon

2019/3/11 11:29Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

yea, Im losing track on which beatle sang what.

2019/3/12 12:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy