SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Separate To Me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Separate To Me

A massive number of Christians are experiencing a strange miracle. And we are discovering that this was predicted in detail.

The Holy Spirit is separating them. He has selected them for special grace and power to accomplish mighty acts at the edge of history. They will be uniquely equipped to face the sophisticated evil of our time. But it all begins by making peace with the Holy Spirit and restoring His rightful place.

Take a close look at the book of Acts and you will see the disarming down-to-Earth way that they related to the Holy Spirit. While they revered Him deeply, they had a sense of His nearness and His involvement in their day to day operation. They behaved as if He was close by and they could almost see Him. Most of all, they anticipated His instructions.

Acts 13:2 “As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. 4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.”

Millions are now hearing the same call: SEPARATE TO ME! The Holy Spirit told David Wilkerson about this coming separation and how pockets of prophetic people would huddle together across our nation. He said, “God-hungry people are saying among themselves, “This is not it. There is something more. The bigness and the sensationalism of it all has left us empty and dry. We want more. More than entertainment. More than big, showy buildings. More than a shallow celebrity gospel. We want deeper values. We want to see Jesus. We want spotless robes of righteousness. We want to go back to doing things in total dependence on God.”

Many of these people were chased out of churches that were once fiery Spirit-filled churches but went to a new format to attract outsiders. They feel punished for wanting a move of God.

They are fed up with the world system—especially when they see it operating in the church. They can’t stomach the glitzy entertainment centers anymore. They believe we have no time to play games. They are frustrated that church is catering to the lukewarm members.

They are done with ego-centric preachers with grandiose, expensive and carnal visions that having nothing to do with soul winning or revival. They accuse them of being distracted—even derailed from their first love. Disciples are abandoning “attraction” churches—something revolutionary is happening inside them. God is starting a fresh movement.

David Wilkerson explained more of what he saw coming: “God is revealing to all praying people that a glorious new work of the Spirit is about to break forth. God is going to shake everything that can be shaken. He will tear down the old political, backslidden, ecclesiastical system. He will disown the formal, super-church structure. He will chase out of His presence all who are engaging in self-promoting ministries.”

The praying people he mentions will force changes. They are a new breed for a new need. They are frustrated, hungry and their numbers are growing fast. They are coalescing around certain truths: fasting, repentance, and holy surrender to Christ.

Smith Wigglesworth saw this separation coming way back in 1927. He predicted the same group of people that David Wilkerson described: “All the people which are pressing into and getting ready for this glorious attained place where they shall not be found naked, where they shall be blameless, where they shall be immovable, where they shall be purified by the power of the Word of God, have within them a consciousness of the very presence of God within, changing their very nature and preparing them for a greater thing, and causing them to be ready for translation.”

Both men believed that this gathering unto the Holy Spirit would begin after a great falling away.

Wigglesworth said, “We have to see that these days have to come before the Lord can come. There has to be a falling away. There are in the world two classes of believers. There are believers which are disobedient, or I ought to say there are children which are saved by the power of God which are disobedient children. And there are children which are just the same saved by the power of God who all the time are longing to be more obedient.”

https://mariomurilloministries.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/separate-to-me/

2019/3/9 8:04Profile
docs

Re: Separate To Me

I bear witness to every word of this.

I feel more than a little frustrated these days because it seems a lot of my interests and motivations still cater to and are still wedded to the world. I believe I have heard separate unto me but it's like taking one step toward it and then two steps backward.

2019/3/9 8:50Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother David,
I agree with you, and to be separated unto the Lord, which the Holy Spirit is wanting to do in us all is a spiritual battle.

Every time we make the decision to spend time with the Lord in His presence, the flesh will rise up, and we can think of so many things we need to be doing. But even as Mary was commended by the Lord, because she chose the better part, the one thing that is needful is to sit at theLord’s feet and hear His Word.

We can live in the presence of the Lord, but it will cost us something, but what we loose in the natural will be greatly surpassed by the excellency of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

2019/3/9 10:23Profile
docs

Re:

AMEN!

2019/3/9 11:09Profile

Re:

God is separating a remnant and they are coming out.....bro Frank

2019/3/9 13:52
savannah

Re: Time-spending

"Every time we make the decision to spend time with the Lord in His presence, the flesh will rise up, and we can think of so many things we need to be doing."

It be like...

Every time we make a decision to spend 2 hours at the movies, we think of so many other things that we could be doing.

or,

Every time we make a decision to spend the evening alone with our wife, we think of so many other things that distract us.

or,

Every time we sit down to watch TV, we think of all the things that Jesus said in the Bible.

But then, like I've heard so many say...

We don't want to be too heavenly-minded that we're no earthly good.

Enjoy the weekend!

2019/3/10 6:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy