SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : God's Prescription For Life And Health

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

God's Prescription For Life And Health

When you go to the doctor and they give you a prescription, you go to the CVS or wherever, stand in line, wait for it, give them your money, and take it just as it says on the label. And why do you do all that because of what a man said. Well, God is a physician one of his covenant names is Jehovah Rapha-The Lord our healer. And He has given you a prescription in Proverbs 4:20-23. It says, My son attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Notice he said God's word is life and health to all their flesh. Let's look at the words life and health- life is translated as 1. to revive 2. to nourish up 3. restore to life. And you see that in the life of Abraham and Sarah. His body was dead and her womb was dead (Romans 4:19). But, God promised him that he and his wife would have a son. So, what did God do He changed their names to match his promise; Abraham means-father of a multitude and Sarah means-princess of nations. Why did God do that, because that's the prescription for life. They would hear that word when their names were called (ears). They would see that word when they wrote their names (eyes). They would keep it in their mouth when they told someone their names (mouth). And by that they would keep that word in the midst of their heart.

And God says if you want to prosper the word has to stay in your mouth (Joshua 1:8). The word will impart life to your spirit and your spirit will impart that life to your flesh. Your flesh has no life of itself your spirit imparts life to it. Proverbs 14:30 says, a sound heart(spirit) is the life of the flesh. What you allow into your spirit is important because your spirit has the ability to impart life or death to your flesh. That's why Proverbs 18:14 says, the spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity. You see that was God's way of having them follow Proverbs 4:20-23. And by that his body came alive and her womb came alive because they did have a son. The word works. But, the word is not only life, but health.

And the word health is translated as medicine, remedy, healing, and cure. Did you get that? The word is healing to your flesh. How is that somebody might ask, well let me explain- 1. The word is seed and every seed has it's fruit. 2. The heart of man or spirit of man is ground. 3. And by constantly taking in the word in you water the seed. 4. And the water of the word makes the ground bring forth (Mark 4:14,15; 1Cor. 3:6,7; Isa. 55:10,11).

Nobody has a problem understanding if I plant rose seed in the ground and water them at some point I will see roses. And that's the same principle God has outlined in Proverbs 4:20-23. The word is seed and the fruit of that seed is healing. And the seed of the word planted and watered will produce. I've heard testimonies of people that has followed that and been healed and I myself have followed that and been healed. And in Acts 14:7-10 it tells you of a man that was lame, but he heard Paul preach and when the word got in him Paul perceived he had faith to be healed and he said, "Stand up on thy feet" and he stood up. The word always works.

2019/3/9 1:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: God's Prescription For Life And Health

God’s Medicine Bottle - Derek Prince:

https://youtu.be/Zl5M_PvsNpQ

2019/3/9 6:25Profile
mama27

Re:

Do you know how to find the longer version of God’s Medicine Bottle, Mike? Where he elaborates on the 4 points? He references teaching he’s going to be doing for a week.....

2021/2/23 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy