SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does Salvation mean to you?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

What does Salvation mean to you?

I want to know what is meant by salvation. When you say Jesus saved you, what do you mean?

To me Salvation is to be saved from my sins. It is based on the very first promise in New Covenant in Matt 1:21.
" And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins."

I accepted Christ from a Hindu religion. As a follower of Hindu religion, I used to believe in Karma way of reaching heaven. So my desire is not to find a different way to reach heaven. I would have rejected anyone telling me that Jesus is only way to heaven. As my mind was tuned to accept there should be multiple ways.

But what excited me about Christianity is, the promises like Sin will not be master over me (Romans 6-14), Jesus saves me from my sin. This excited me a lot.

So I see salvation as being saved from my sins. There are 3 tenses of this salvation, Past, present and future. Bible mentions salvation in all 3 tenses. Salvation from penalty of my past sins, Salvation from the power of sin and salvation from presence of Sin.

In short salvation to me is to live a God pleasing life.

2019/3/8 15:36Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: What does Salvation mean to you?

"And this is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

I can't say it better than that.

Also, what a wonderful promise that we don't have to be slaves to sin anymore! Because of God's grace through Christ, I have the ability to not sin.

2019/3/8 17:32Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

"And this is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Yes Amen. Eternal life is the life of fellowship with God. As a young Hindu man, I wont have valued this fellowship with God because I already thought I was communicating to God when I worshiped idols. But now as a believer, the more I come to know the Lord, the more I value this fellowship with God.

2019/3/8 17:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy