SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : An Announcement In Regards to the Gospel For Asia Lawsuit Resolution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re:

This discussion has a lot of personal investment in it. It clear that all brethren involved in this have stake in some type of related ministry so the actions and outcome of this reflects back on them in how they approach their work and relations to others. Before we discuss this further, we need to back off and get a clear head and be at rest before the Lord. What has come out thus far has not been from a place of rest.

2019/3/5 14:38Profile

Re:

Jeremy says....

"This discussion has a lot of personal investment in it. It clear that all brethren involved in this have stake in some type of related ministry so the actions and outcome of this reflects back on them in how they approach their work and relations to others."

Very clear wisdom.............bro Frank

2019/3/5 21:01
JPlovesJesus

Re: An Announcement In Regards to the Gospel For Asia Lawsuit Resolution

I wonder if Francis Chan is aware that the court has ordered that the following MUST be done:
1) GFA's board MUST be changed: Gisela (KP's wife) must be removed and Dr Murphy or his appointee is to be put onto the board,
2) A subcommittee board of three people MUST be formed and MUST be comprised entirely of outsiders without any a involvement by KP, to oversee the financial activities for three years or until GFA regains ECFA approval, and
3) There MUST be oversight of GFA by the court for three years.
An organization that has done nothing wrong is not sanctioned in these ways.

2019/3/6 6:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

brethren,

GFA was not sanctified to have to do these things but agreed with the individuals who made the lawsuit against them to not only appease them but offering a place on the board to the opposer is the way of Christ, humbling ourselves and allowing not only our tunic to be taken but our coat also, it is going the extra mile.

Also let me make it clear that this thread is not open so we can re-accuse and try and be a jury to Gospel for Asia. The settlement has been reached and they have innocence. Let us pray and support them.

The reason for this thread is to state that SermonIndex and myself are in full support of the ministry. And will be in the coming days. Please do not turn this thread into something it is not meant to be.

2019/3/6 8:31Profile
rjennings

USA

Re:

While I believe GFA is doing a great work, the practice of redirecting designated funds in general bothers me. If the funds are to be used for the general purpose needs of the ministry then simply say so. And if ministry priorities have changed since the monies were obtained why not go back to those who made specific donations with a request to use the funds elsewhere? I doubt many (if any) donors would take issue with it.

But, I have also learned to give as instructed by the Lord and once I release it what happens with that gift is between the recipient and the Lord.

2019/3/6 8:43Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Greg: you said,
GFA was not sanctified to have to do these things but agreed with the individuals who made the lawsuit against them to not only appease them but offering a place on the board to the opposer is the way of Christ, humbling ourselves and allowing not only our tunic to be taken but our coat also, it is going the extra mile.

As the Lord would direct, otherwise I would defer to the fact no apostle put wolves in to appease them, nor oppressors of God's people in a place of position of authority.

I don't like it at all. This sets a precedent that any scum bag can sue a ministry and hope to get a board position by appealing to 'going the extra mile'. The very fact he sued and the ministry was proven innocent of charges disqualifies him from being in a board position in a spiritual ministry. He thought nothing of lawyering up, and GFA lawyering up and all the cost incurred by that...then all of the other major administration/facilitation and auditing fees.

So, he sues because funds are being redirected, but then in suing he makes sure the ministry must absolutely re-direct funds to protect itself.

Then when all is said and done and no doubt millions are spent he gets a board position. A guy who forced the ministry to spend millions of donation money now has financial oversight and a say how money is spent?
Lunacy.

2019/3/6 11:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy