Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The good Samaritan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Yea what sort of convert are you if you don't want to live according to Gods standards?

I do drink some alcohol, but not much as I feel that would conflict with how God wants it.
I'm not sure what you mean with the KJV thing, but I use both my nKJV (which I got from my mom when I was baptized) and my trusty NBG translation. (the best Dutch Bible translation imho)
Thank you for your prayer! I really appreciate it!
The prayer of a righteous man is worth alot! ;-)

Well I don't know much good Dutch books, better pm _dezcall_ or Diciple.. I'm afraid I can't be really helpfull about "God's smuggler" either..
The book is for sale tho at the dutch opendoors site. But I don't know if its Dutch. (would think it is)

About that song hehe..
"Opzij, opzij, we hebben een ongelofelijke haast."
:-P

2005/7/17 16:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Matthew 25:31-46 The righteous did al what God really wanted those ‘so called righteous’ people to do. The others are called the cursed, they probably never did God’s will. (Not probably, for sure) The answer they give is a bit different then you would expect I think. When the sheep answered they wonder when they saw Jesus hungry, thirsty, etc. But when the goats replied there was a strange line in their replying: Matthew 25:44 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Isn't this an amazing passage of Scripture? What is astounding to me is that both groups, the sheep and the goats, were unaware of having done(or left undone) these things for their neighbors that the Lord mentions. Both groups answer Jesus with, "when saw we thee...?" This is an incredible picture into how God judges men's hearts.

Our lives are to be so full of Christ's love that it will simply be a natural reaction of our heart to reach out in mercy and compassion. Only the power of the indwelling Spirit can accomplish this. We must get on our knees and ask, seek, and knock, and trust in the promise of the Lord...

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Eph 3:16-19)

In Christ,

Ron

2005/7/17 19:41Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I don't fight other Christians over ordinances (alcohol, Bible version, etc), but I do challenge other Christians to "examine themselves" as Scripture teaches. There are lots of cases of this in the New Testament. Not many seem to be hungering and thirsting after righteousness, today.

What is the address for the Dutch opendoors site?

Man, I really messed those lyrics up.

2005/7/17 22:02Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

[url=https://www.opendoors.nl/content/index.php?id=7&session=&PHPSESSID=1e15d9d20c43e7f8e94c3891127d5081&choixlang=nl&quelprix=&&rowcur=10]Opendoors bookshop[/url]

Quote:
I don't fight other Christians over ordinances (alcohol, Bible version, etc), but I do challenge other Christians to "examine themselves" as Scripture teaches. There are lots of cases of this in the New Testament. Not many seem to be hungering and thirsting after righteousness, today.

I agree on that!

Don't worry on the line! It was a good attempt. :-P

2005/7/18 16:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy