Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Not Forgetting God's Mercy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Not Forgetting God's Mercy

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." (Luke 6:36)

As humans we are prone to forget many things. Everyone has walked out the home and realized at some point they forgot their keys to the car. Also in spiritual life we are prone to forget things that God speaks to us or does for us. When we are in a situation where we are hurt we are prone to react in a way that is not like how God treated us. When God forgives us, He forgets. When we forgive, we continue to talk about the problem or bring back peoples sins when it is convent for us. The Scripture passage does not tell us to be "angry" as God is angry, or to be judging as God will judge the motives of all men's hearts one day (1 Corinthians 4:5). Rather it says for us to be "merciful."

Life affords us many opportunities to be merciful to others, though we have great reasons to accuse or condemn, God's calling on our lives is to forgive and show mercy. The season of Lent is coming up in the Church calendar. This could perhaps be a time to think each day of how to be merciful to others in your life. We all need forgiveness and mercy daily from God, why not share that grace to others in your life? The prodigal son deserved only judgement for his foolish decisions but the character of God in the Father shows how mercy He is in embracing the son and rewarding him, though undeserving. When we celebrate Communion, when we daily pray "forgive us our trespasses" (Matthew 6:12) daily, let us feel God's mercy and share that mercy with others. There are many ways to grow in Christ-likeness and mercy is one of them. Let us not forget mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2:13).

2019/2/26 9:11Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Not Forgetting God's Mercy

Great Post Brother Greg,
Mercy begets Mercy. I have a prayer partner for over 25 yrs. We study the word every mon night and after we always say the Our Father.. We also say verse 14
Matt 6:14
14For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.15But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Forgiveness is not an option for us.. It is a command..
When I was a younger Christian a pastor taught us to carry a rock around. I still have a rock on my desk.. WHen I was a drug and alcohol counselor it was a calling from a prophetic word during presbyter.. The Pastors agreed with the word for me.. i ran with it and took my rock with me and kept it on my desk
John 8
1but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2Early in the morning he returned to the Temple where many people gathered around him and he sat down and taught them. 3The religious teachers and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught committing adultery and made her stand before everyone.

4They said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. What do you say?” 6They said this to try and trap Jesus so they could condemn him. But Jesus bent down and wrote on the ground with his finger.

7They kept on demanding an answer, so he stood up and told them, “Whichever one of you has never sinned may throw the first stone at her.” 8Then he bent down again and went on writing on the ground.

9When they heard this they began to leave, one by one, starting with the oldest until Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Where are they? Didn’t anybody stay to condemn you?”

11“No one did, sir,” she replied.

“I don’t condemn you either,” Jesus told her. “Go, and don’t sin anymore.”

My lesson to look at me.. not anyone else because we all fall short and when we dont forgive or get in the place of judging others.. WE take HIS place and He alone is the judge and lawgiver Isa 33:22..
22 For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us.

When we dont forgive or judge we are taking the place of GOD and He alone is our Judge..
Just some lessons I learned on my journey with JESUS.
In Christ
Sister
Frannie

2019/2/26 21:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy