SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Holy spirit and revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
emma02

Nigeria

Holy spirit and revival

i have been studying the history of revival and i have come to understand the importance of the Holy Spirit in revival.
The first revival witness by the church came when the Holy Spirit was given. The great mystics of old always crave for one thing and that is the Holy Spirit because they know that if they can get the Holy Spirit down then the revival will come. No generation have ever claim to be filled with the Holy Spirit like us; but no result. I think every christian should read acts 1:8 on there knees

2019/2/26 1:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Holy spirit and revival

Yes sister, there is an unreality in Western countries especially where some can claim to be filled with the Holy Spirit but their lives have no results, no fruit, no witnessing to the lost or compassion for the poor.

The Holy Spirit is not a power we can wield or us but is the third person of the Trinity. It is through intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that we can start to share His heart for people around us and let us lives make a difference.

The lack of revival also is no excuse for us to be lukewarm and not be full of love, mercy, kindness, gentleness, self-control, etc. Revival also comes to Biblical churches that have the right foundation, God I believe does not want to revive some systems of Church that are so far from the pattern that He has prescribed. That is why Revival at times creates new denominations as others were in a condition not suitable to be re-used for God's glory.

Lastly, we have to remember that during a time of spiritual awakening the enemy has worked very hard to establish many cults and wrong Churches, this happened terribly during the second great awakening where cults started in the 100's. This has happened in China with the revival also.

The enemy is always sowing tares with the wheat.

2019/2/26 9:25Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

The enemy is always sowing tares with the wheat
Amen.. without the Holy Spirit being allowed to take over there will be no revival.. In some services they never even give room for the HOLY Spirit to speak through anyone.. For you that do not believe in the five fold ministry gifts.. You are missing a big part of the church ministry..
Jesus' s example was Apostle, prophet, teacher, pastor and evangelist.. Eph 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

WE ARE TO ROLE MODEL JESUS.. only JESUS.. We are to move in the five fold ministry gifts if called and have HIS FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.. His Fruit (Character) I believe is always over the gifts.. No character no gifts. (:

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

There will be no revival unless the HOLY GHOST whom JESUS left here with us until He comes back is allowed to move...
He will move.. He will break religious boxes.. when there is unity (Which satan hates) There will be revival..
Im believing as many others for revival.. we need another great awakening.. Without GOD we can do nothing. BUT with one blast of HIS NOSTRILS....suddenly everything will change.........
psa 18:15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at your rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.

Suddenlies are coming.. Suddenlies are coming..
I believe I believe I believe..
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/4/29 18:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy