SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : together generation...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Compromisers

Ecumenism is no friend to Jesus Christ.

On this low-level thinking, we all just say kum-by-ya and hold hands. Ok fine, and we hold hands with the pope and whom ever stand with us in our circle.

But the problem lay not in our willingness to 'love one another', it lay in recognizing these men in power positions (those orthodox RCC leaders) have a completely different mindset.

we want unity, they will attempt uniformity.

The issue lay in these men will continue to preach falsely, interpret the scriptures falsely, include every devil for the sake of uniformity.
Unity for a false church means they are given toleration to continue teaching and preaching falsehood without the stigma and backlash that comes from a True biblical Church.

I cannot be in unity with darkness unless I am myself darkness and not a child of light. This cannot be just a simple matter of semantics or minor doctrinal issues, the very heart of the gospel is at stake when unifying with these corrupters.

You say "thousands are being saved", yet, if they are saved and taught according to scripture, they will have to vacate the very people who stood on the podium and applauded their conversions.

Just because falsehood dressed like an angel applauds you, appreciates your 'conversion' and unifies with undiscerning leaders does not mean falsehood has changed its heart or agenda. Falsehood is by nature anti-Jesus Christ, anti-gospel, anti-biblical.

I will not for one moment, let a single convert think that unity with the RCC is godly or biblical. We have no more concord with them than the true prophets did with the false prophets.

It doesn't matter if Francis Chan or anyone else with notoriety joins in this movement. Their approval of falsehood under the guise of unity is compromise.

If you step on the stage with the false, it should be to rebuke and exhort to repentance, if it's not its a compromise with the devil.

There is no difference in this compromise than there is in approval of homosexuality, pedophilia, murder, extortion, hatred, idolatry. But we are told by the false and undiscerning there is a difference.

There is no difference.

2019/2/26 11:24Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Taken from Foxes book of Martyrs

Daniel Rambaut, of Vilario, the father of a numerous family, was apprehended, and, with several others, committed to prison, in the jail of Paysana. Here he was visited by several priests, who with continual importunities did all they could to persuade him to renounce the Protestant religion and turn papist; but this he peremptorily refused, and the priests finding his resolution, pretended to pity his numerous family, and told him that he might yet have his life, if he would subscribe to the belief of the following articles:
•1. The real presence of the host.
•2. Transubstantiation.
•3. Purgatory.
•4. The pope's infallibility.
•5. That masses said for the dead will release souls from purgatory.
•6. That praying to saints will procure the remission of sins.

M. Rambaut told the priests that neither his religion, his understanding, nor his conscience, would suffer him to subscribe to any of the articles, for the following reasons:
•1. That to believe the real presence in the host, is a shocking union of both blasphemy and idolatry.
•2. That to fancy the words of consecration perform what the papists call transubstantiation, by converting the wafer and wine into the real and identical body and blood of Christ, which was crucified, and which afterward ascended into heaven, is too gross an absurdity for even a child to believe, who was come to the least glimmering of reason; and that nothing but the most blind superstition could make the Roman Catholics put a confidence in anything so completely ridiculous.
•3. That the doctrine of purgatory was more inconsistent and absurd than a fairy tale.
•4. That the pope's being infallible was an impossibility, and the pope arrogantly laid claim to what could belong to God only, as a perfect being.
•5. That saying Masses for the dead was ridiculous, and only meant to keep up a belief in the fable of purgatory, as the fate of all is finally decided, on the departure of the soul from the body.
•6. That praying to saints for the remission of sins is misplacing adoration; as the saints themselves have occasion for an intercessor in Christ. Therefore, as God only can pardon our errors, we ought to sue to him alone for pardon.

The priests were so highly offended at M. Rambaut's answers to the articles to which they would have had him subscribe, that they determined to shake his resolution by the most cruel method imaginable: they ordered one joint of his finger to be cut off every day until all his fingers were gone: they then proceeded in the same manner with his toes; afterward they alternately cut off, daily, a hand and a foot; but finding that he bore his sufferings with the most admirable patience, increased both in fortitude and resignation, and maintained his faith with steadfast resolution and unshaken constancy they stabbed him to the heart, and then gave his body to be devoured by the dogs.

Since the 2nd counsel of Trent, we have little if nothing differing from the abominations of the RCC of 500 years ago. Why would our testimony be different from the above? Why would he, with nothing near the biblical resources we currently have hold to such resolutions, while we patently ignore it all? Maybe he actually believed what he read, and we do not.

Because seduction by an angel of light veils the angel of darkness that would do such a thing to a godly man any service where some conversions are made causes us to use our American pragmatism..."well, if folk are getting saved, it must be of God".

Do not think for a moment the RCC is somehow 'reformed', it is not and refused to be.

2019/2/26 11:39Profile
browny

Re:

“Unity for a false church means they are given toleration to continue teaching and preaching falsehood without the stigma and backlash that comes from a True biblical Church.“

Amen to that Gloryandgrace !

2019/2/26 13:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
People like Francis Chan and Ravi Zacharias are involved as well as Hilsong...Bethel music and the like...

Saints,

We do not need to be scared of unity as Jesus own prayer asked for it in John 17. Sadly some of the most angry against things like this or even other more evangelical gatherings are those who do not fellowship at all with a local church or see all denominations as wrong.

The Church has never been perfect but God does have His people from all different parts of the physical Church we see.

Let us have a heart of mercy and love for all those who name the name of Christ and depart from iniquity.

Those that are the most critical of most people will be very shocked when they get to heaven.

2019/2/26 15:11Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I know Jesus want's unity among his people. But that's the rub...among his people.

As I see it, here's how all this falls out.

1. I am to concede the pope is a godly man
2. I am to concede my conscience and scripture for the better unity among Churches
3. I am to ignore the false teachings of the RCC
4. I am to deny scripture in favor of friendly words, and smiles from false teachers
5. I am to deny Jesus Christ when a false-gospel is offered so that I can keep up the appearance of unity
6. I am to concede all history, testimonies of the martyrs, the Spirit of God's teaching in my own life in order to gain new friends among the false churches.

What have the false prophets conceded? What have the false Churches conceded? Where is there repentance? Where is their renunciation of their errors so that they may concede to evangelical truths as scripture presents them?

There is no concession on their part, only compromise on our part. No, No, No.

The Church of Jesus is not scared of unity, it's fearful of God who judged the hearts of all men. If the righteous scarcely be saved where shall the sinner and ungodly appear?
For now, the ungodly will appear on the platform, preach and sing from the pulpits, applaud and flatter men in order gain an advantage for themselves.

This is why there was a reformation, because the false must be refused and condemned, their words and doctrines anathematized, their errors made public and corrections offered with sound biblical exegesis.

I was told long ago..."when you grow up, you will put aside these little crusades of yours and unite with those who name the name of Christ". To which I said at that time "I will never unite with those who are not already united with Jesus".

Maybe I have not grown up, I recognized then that compromise and error hide behind smiles, friendship and alliances. I have never to this day felt a conviction from the Spirit of God, that I was in error when I failed to join them. I have over the years recognized conviction and shame when I didn't rebuke and reprove blatant idolatry seeking entry into my own life by way of popular preachers and friendly words.

Balaam spoke well of Israel and prophesied by the Lord a blessing...yet Balaam was false and when opportunity met the devils temptation, Balaam taught Israel to fornicate.
In his heart resided Israel's fall, even though his mouth spoke blessing.

Will we be seduced by Balaam too?

I will not be shocked at who is there except for my own self.
I will not have mercy nor will I spare the rod to any false teacher who in the end seeks to do the will of Satan.
The false will kill and think he is doing God a service, we have 2000 years to recognize what the false look like and what they will say...and finally what they will do when you will not agree with their leaders and doctrines.

A Christian must know clearly without a shadow of a doubt, that to be reconciled to him, he must be reconciled to God first, if he will not be reconciled to God, it is impossible for either one to be reconciled to each other.

This is a lesson long forgotten and long absent from the pulpit.

2019/2/26 17:10Profile
docs

Re:

How do we know what is going on is a mass move toward Catholicism?

2019/2/26 18:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: together generation...

I rejoice at the reports of young people being converted to Christ, their generation so needs Him. I pray that they will bear much fruit for God's glory.

My generation has not done a good job of showing both holiness and love to the world, especially in the way we deal with one another as believers, these young ones may succeed where we have failed.

In Christ,

2019/2/26 19:41Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I have watched several videos of these gatherings. I did not find any false doctrine being preached, nothing at all being said about joining up with Catholicism.

The pope did endorse it, but if Catholics are going to these events and being saved, we are thankful.

I have never won a Catholic to the Lord by bashing their religion, but when you share Jesus with them as the Spirit leads, many will be saved. No one had to tell me that I needed to leave the Catholic Church, but the Holy Spirit opened up the Word of God, and the truth was made plain to me.

What is encouraging to me is that what I am seeing happening in these gatherings is very similar to the Jesus movement of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Our focus was on Jesus and almost 50 years later, it still is.

2019/2/26 21:07Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Mike:

Ive never made a convert not bashing their atheism/religion/drugs/lifestyle either. You can front-load your bashing or put it in the back end and destroy it there. Either way converts taught the scriptures are also taught to hate every false way.

But, this is really just a red-herring, I was not prescribing an anti-catholic evangelism, I was explaining the tendency of compromise to castrate the truth and leave only room for the heretic to have free course.

Using the term 'bashing', that's what I expect from the protectors of an error, I am hoping you are not protective of error? Bashing is a term that generates a political-correct emotional response...in order to generate a hatred for anyone guilty of 'bashing'. I spoke in another post, that I am growing more and more immune to letting anyone use terms on me that are designed to silence truth. This is one of them.

2019/2/27 14:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have watched several videos of these gatherings. I did not find any false doctrine being preached, nothing at all being said about joining up with Catholicism.

The pope did endorse it, but if Catholics are going to these events and being saved, we are thankful.

I have never won a Catholic to the Lord by bashing their religion, but when you share Jesus with them as the Spirit leads, many will be saved. No one had to tell me that I needed to leave the Catholic Church, but the Holy Spirit opened up the Word of God, and the truth was made plain to me.

What is encouraging to me is that what I am seeing happening in these gatherings is very similar to the Jesus movement of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Our focus was on Jesus and almost 50 years later, it still is.

Thank you for your response brother, this was my sentiments also.

2019/2/27 14:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy