SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Met with the Jehovah's Witnesses again today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Met with the Jehovah's Witnesses again today

I think the Lord told me to have staying power and don't wilt and back away from this one group I have come to know

I'll say one thing. They certainly are prepared. You can't go anywhere that they are not prepared for. Yet they get exponentially more training in doctrine and "how to witness" than many Christians do. Yet that doesn't make them right. Walter Martin who wrote "Kingdom of the Cults" said JWs can make a doctrinal pretzel out of many Christians in about 30 seconds. Maybe so but I'm not shook. They did their the name of God is Jehovah thing on me today and asked me to research their claims. We will get back together. About 45 minutes of research has told me pretty much what I need to know as far as responding to them on this issue goes but I may do some more. I believe if circumstances arise meeting with these groups and discussing issues is not necessarily an inherent evil. Lifting up the real Christ is paramount.

2019/2/23 15:53Profile
savannah

Re: Met with the Jehovah's Witnesses again today

Isaiah 9:6

For a child has been born to us,
A son has been given to us;
And the rulership will rest on his shoulder.
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

From The New World Translation. The only translation trusted by JW's.

No JW I've ever spoken with has ever been able to explain the words used in this verse from their own translation.

2019/2/23 20:33Profile
docs

Re:

I will certainly remember that. Thank you.

2019/2/24 7:25Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Met with the Jehovah's Witnesses again today

If you want to rattle their cage... just ask them to bow their heads as YOU pray for wisdom. (if you do pray keep your eyes on them... I've seen JW's panic as they think you are praying to Satan).

2019/2/24 12:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy