SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jussie Smollett

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Jussie Smollett

Dear brothers and sisters,

This may make me wildly unpopular here on SI but my heart is for the Lord and I must serve at the pleasure of His will-

Over the past few days, each day increasing, now culminating in this post is a distinct impression from (I believe) the Lord regarding this young man...
As grievous as his (alleged) charges may be and at such a time when racial tension/discrimination has been spotlighted nationally, it may seem to be a significant obstacle in healing a divide but I see it as an opportunity for the Lord...
If the allegations are true, and they seem to be, then this young man did nothing more than believe and act on a lie from the enemy. Satan had already crept in and had a foothold in his life, now seemingly gaining ground and utilizing his influence to cause great harm to others nationally. Tho, at the end of the day it was all a lie that did not start with Jussie Smollett, but with the enemy of righteousness and we being sons and daughters of God have a distinct opportunity being presented to us. This opportunity is not one of public relations, but of soul relations. This mans eternal soul hangs in the balance and his soul (no different than ours) is one that our beloved savior endured the savagery of the cross to save. Do we think that our Lord will not hold us accountable, the blood being on our hands as it were, for missing the opportunity to do battle in prayer for this young mans soul?
We have all been seduced by the lies of the enemy to violate our conscience and Gods law to gain and advance our selfishness and at one time or another we have ALL succumb to that temptation. For a moment please consider that when you have into this temptation that the world was watching, taking note, and judging you. Your crimes being broadcast in intricate detail for all to see and remember... who could stand ??
“For all have sinned and fallen short”
We are the ambassadors of Christ here on earth, and if we don’t reflect His love, mercy, forgiveness and faithfulness... who will??
We have been saved from the very same sin, and what’s more have been equipped to overcome it! Not just for ourselves but for the least of these, the guilty! Just as we were guilty and by His Holy Spirit, He activated His saints to pursue and persuade us with the gospel.
I’m asking, for Jesus’s namesake, that everyone who reads this to put on the armor of Christ, go to the Lord in prayer and let Him energize us and direct us in our actions and attitudes towards this situation that He may be glorified in His children here and now. So that the world may see and know that our God is the one who saves🙏🏻😇

2019/2/22 8:45Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Jussie Smollett

Every time I see or read things like this, I just look at the warning God gave us, and think, Yep! there's a God! and he knows it all from the beginning to the end. Praise Jesus!

2nd Timothy 3:1-5
1-But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2-People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3-without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4-treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
5-having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2019/2/22 9:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I hear you Fletcher. He is a foolish young man caught in a serious web of deception. He needs to repent very badly. We can pray this will open up his eyes to the wiles of the enemy both regarding his lifestyle and in whom he places his trust. His plan which was intended for great public outcry came back to bite him. And the extremely disturbing current environment of Groupthink and Groupfeel immediately latched onto the false narrative without a whit of caution. My beef is more with them (especially the press) than him.

2019/2/22 10:04Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Jussie Smollett

Fletcher, you could not be more popular with me.

What a great exhortation. I hear you.

2019/2/22 11:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy