SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A forgiving heart by Francis Frangipane

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

A forgiving heart by Francis Frangipane

A Forgiving Heart

During the last hours of this age, there will be two opposing factions in the world: those whose hearts are wrought with bitterness, resentment, and hatred; and those whose love has actually increased and who are experiencing the power of the kingdom of God. Jesus foretold these conditions in Matthew: "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. . . . Because lawlessness [iniquity] is increased, most people's love will grow cold" (Matt. 24:10, 12). But then He added: "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come" (v. 14).

What is this "gospel of the kingdom"? It is the whole truth that Jesus came to bring -- not only that which saves us from our sins, but also that which creates us in His image. It is the full gospel with all its requirements and all its rewards -- the full price for the full power. It is the most glorious pearl that man can possess: the presence of God in glory revealed within and among us.

Thus if we are to attain this great love, we will continually be forced to make the choice between mercy and unforgiveness. If we do not walk in a forgiving attitude, we will certainly become prey to an embittered spirit. If it is indeed God's plan to allow wickedness and holiness to grow to full maturity, then we must guard our hearts beforehand from reacting in bitterness and unforgiveness. The increasing lawlessness will certainly give us occasions to lose love.

Yet just to survive in this cruel world, we often withdraw from the vulnerability of love. We cannot choose cautious, selective love and also walk in the power of God's kingdom. To counter pain, we unconsciously shut down our love, for it is love that makes us vulnerable. God wants us to be a people whose love is growing hot, not cold.

Jesus did not say we had to trust our enemies, but He did say that we had to love them. You ask, "Why?" One reason God allows difficulties is to test us. He wants to see if our Christianity is merely an intellectual pursuit or if following Him is truly the highest passion of our hearts. Thus He tells us to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matt. 5:44).

Some of you have gone through rejection and betrayal, but the Lord says you did not fail. You have continued to love. Although you went through great pain, you have forgiven those who have hurt you. You passed the test.

Some of us still have certain individuals in our lives who we have not forgiven and whom we do not love. Perhaps you are right; they do not deserve your forgiveness. But what you do not realize is the consequence of your anger.

Live in the Here and Now
As long as you refuse to forgive, a part of you is trapped in the past where you are continually being reminded of your pain. Even the calendar season in which you were hurt stimulates depression and foreboding! Until you forgive, you will not be fully released to go on with your life.

There is only one way we can have true fellowship with God and that is in the "here and now." But when your mind is harboring unforgiveness, you are neither in the "here" nor in the "now." When you live in the past, you are cut off from God. What they did to you is over. It is done. It does not have any real existence or life of its own except in your mind.

There within you the conflict continues to live. And as long as it lives, you are still being hurt by it. The person who wounded you may have long since died. That person cannot be blamed, for you are the one who keeps your wounds alive!

Not only is the quality of your spiritual life affected, but your physical well-being pays a price as well. As long as you keep holding onto the burden of what someone did to you, each time you think about that person your stomach acids churn and your anxiety increases. Your body is continually put under stress.

Choose to Love
If you do not forgive those who have hurt you, you will lose a measure of your capacity to love. Whether they deserve forgiveness or not, you deserve a better life! And God wants to give you a better life. But you cannot enjoy abundant life while carrying unforgiveness, for you are shackled to something that hurt you, and your own unforgiveness tortures you.

How do you get out of that prison? How do you find the protection of God for your soul? God calls you to forgive. You must see the hands of God reaching to you in the midst of your pain. He wants to redeem that conflict, using that specific adversity to perfect character in you. It will be this event that He will use to make you like Christ.

Each time you say, "Father, I choose to love; I choose to forgive; I choose to forget and to not hold bitterness and unforgiveness against that person," you are taking on Christ's nature. Rejoice! Jesus is taking over your heart! You are entering the shelter of the Most High God.

Master, I see in Your forgiveness of me the pattern for my forgiveness of others. Lord, You forgave the Pharisees who lied about You; You pardoned the soldiers who mocked and crucified You; You encouraged Your disciples' hearts to not be troubled, knowing they were about to deny and betray You.

Yet You not only forgave them, but You also died for them. You opened Your heart as wide as the universe and welcomed all to be reconciled to God. Grant me the power to forgive, to lay down my life for others, and to know the love that compelled You to such righteousness! Amen.

Francis Frangipane.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2019/2/17 20:53Profile

Re: A forgiving heart by Francis Frangipane

THIS IS SPOT ON, DEAR FRANNIE!!!

Even just the other day I was praying that my love would not grow cold, because I sensed it was, and due in large part to wounds from others, which always serves to expose any measure of my own insecurity or pride.

You, my dear sister, have been on such a roll lately, sharing precious and timely words of encouragement, exhortation and admonishment!

Bless you and I love you in Christ Jesus!

2019/2/18 9:51
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Thank you Caleb
I love this author and have read many of His books..
I sense there is a spirit of offense everywhere.. IF the enemy can get us to focus on us.. we become the victims. Jesus said we would be wounded in His house.. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.. WE NEED TO SEE JESUS IN EACH OTHER.. WE NEED TO HAVE REVIVAL IN OUR HEARTS I KEEP hearing the HOLY GHOST SAY OBEY POST WHAT I POST SEE WHAT I SEE.. HEAR WHAT I HEAR.. WE ARE HIS CHILDREN WE ARE HIS CHURCH..
Thank u for your encouragement. I am a seasoned believer.. been through enough stuff I walk with a limp.. But HE WALKS WITH ME.. We can forgive or hold onto it.. If we dont forgive He will not forgive us.. When we forgive we are healed.. I recently had someone tell me you will never retire in the kingdom.. So Im being led to be back here and will use the gifts God has given me for HIS CHURCH.. i PRAY YOU continue to be encouraged and be healed .. I pray we are all where He wants and continue to OBEY HIS CALL UPON US.. MAY THE HOLY GHOST FALL UPON US ALL.IN Jesus name.. I am a pentocostalbaptist. (:: I love JESUS and want more and need More of HIM..
I love u in JESUS too ("Blessing
in Him
your sister Frannie

2019/2/18 12:54Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Burn steadily... in WHO YOU ARE..

February 18th
Burn Steadily
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Matthew 5:14, NASB

How brightly we may burn once we fully realize we are nothing without Jesus! As the British clergyman F. B. Meyer shows us, even a smoldering wick has the potential to be ignited and used of God.

What a sermon there is in a wick! Sit beside it and ask how it dares hope to be able to supply light for hours and hours to come. “Will you not soon burn to an end, you wick of lamp?” “No; I do not fear it, since the light does not burn me, though it burns on me. I only bear to it the oil which saturates my texture. I am but the ladder up which it climbs. It is not I, but the oil that is in me, that furnishes the light.”

Yes, that is it, we do not give light to the world, we only receive the oil from the Holy Spirit and the spark of His fire; and if we burn steadily through the long, dark hours it is because we have learned to translate into living beauty those supplies of grace which we receive in fellowship with Jesus. But how necessary it is that nothing interrupt the flow of oil; that there be no uncleanliness permitted to clog and obstruct the narrow bore of the golden spout of faith.

It cannot be too often repeated, that it is not what we do for Him, but what He does through us, which really blesses men.

Do you feel dry? Are you but a smoldering wick in a world of darkness? Pray for the oil of the Holy Spirit to saturate your life. Let the fire of God burn brightly.
Steve Hill

2019/2/18 13:37Profile

Re:

“We need to see Jesus in each other”.

THAT’S IT, RIGHT THERE SISTER!!!

I am convinced that’s the Spirit behind Jesus prayer in John 17 too, and of course He exemplified this “seeing”, as he called each of his disciples. The Holy Spirit’s ability to “see” beyond the surface, and to “mine for that treasure” in people, is so Heavenly and needed!

But we will not forget that Jesus called Judas too, while perfectly “seeing” the reality there also.

So we are not saying we must “see” something in others that is not there.

But how we handle and deal with the truth of what we (He) sees, makes all the difference. Notice how Christ Jesus treated Judas all the way to the end.

An interesting study, we would be wise to emulate His way. He called things out, as they were, but from what I can gather, never in anger. Never with harsh words spoken in judgement toward Judas. Painful, yes, but not harsh anger (or bitter). From what I can gather, Judas Iscariot was a troubled, doubting, confused and ultimately heart-broken man. Even leading up to the betrayal, for the other disciples to not visibly be certain who it was, shows me that Judas definitely had sincere character traits of a follower of Christ Jesus. Even when he question Jesus (Matt 26:25), Jesus does not condemn or judge him, rather my sense is he calls out a self-fulfilling indictment from Judas (who was likely struggling internally with incredible spiritual warfare for his soul).

Anyway, I’m so blessed by the fire of the Spirit burning within you dear sister Frannie. Reminds me of what I’ve heard my precious parents say. Saints don’t “retire”, they “refire”! Hah! Glory to God!

2019/2/19 11:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy