SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival must begin in HIS HOUSE...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

I think this is what happens in revivals. There is this inbreaking of revelation by the Spirit that undoes a man with the beauty of Christ and the grossness of sin. This kind of inbreaking changes people more deeply than any normal church service or quiet time. Once you see and taste the goodness of the Lord and see and taste the vileness of sin, its very hard to go back to "normal" .

Brother.. I am in agreement with this.. We can look at ourselves and see that we like Isaiah Isa 6:..are all men/women of unclean lips and it is a privilege to be used of GOD and called.. The priests were killed if they had sin in the old testament..
We can be wimps and be in fear of man and want the recognition of man or we can be Warriors and be filled with the FEAR OF THE LORD ANd have the FAITH TO obey HIM AND LET Him chastise us. when we sin.. Im believing for a revival of HOLINESS..Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: . What is Holiness.. To me it is what we listen to what we see what we do... There are many gates.. If we the body of CHRIST HIS CHURCH do not shut these gates we are not walking in HIS holiness.
if we don't change we dont grow.. Stagnant water draws bugs and smells.., living running water like the rivers flows with life..And out of our bellies should flow rivers of LIVING WATER...
I pray for His GLORY to fall on us all and that we look at our own hearts and repent.. FOr HIS GLORY for HIS CHURCH HE DIED FOR it and so should we..
in Christ
Sister Frannie.

2019/2/12 21:42Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: TMK

Jer. 29:11 –
'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.’

This is WHO God is.

This is the never-changing goodness of God.

This is the never-changing heart of God.

This is the same heart of God who so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

This is the same heart of God that every moment lifts us out of despair and hopelessness into glorious hope and full life in Christ.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever – Heb. 13:8.

Ps. 117:1-2 (NIV) –
Praise the LORD, all you nations;
extol him, all you peoples
For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD.

2019/2/13 0:51Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Solomon101

OT and NT scriptures are tightly interwoven and NT scriptures were understood through OT scriptures.

The Bereans were validating what Paul preached (our NT scriptures) using OT scriptures (the scriptures they had at that time)— Acts 17:10-12.
Were they verifying what Paul preached “out of context”??

Did Paul constantly quote and apply OT scriptures “out of context”??
E.g. Gal. 4:21-31.

Did the Lord Jesus apply Det. 8:3 “out of context” in Matt. 4:4??

OT scriptures testify about Christ.

Jesus said to the Jews:
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.”

The Scriptures they had were the OT scriptures.

Again,

John 5:46-47 –
For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?

Paul wrote to Timothy:
“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus – 2 Tim 3:15.

The holy scriptures Timothy read were OT scriptures.

Luke 24:27 –
Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

Are OT scriptures just old history to you or are they words of life, pointing to Christ?

OT scriptures are invaluable for our instruction.

1 Cor. 10:6 –
Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved.

Verse 11 –
Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Heb. 8:5 –
They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."

Do you consider all these in your “diligent exegesis”??

Do you bring these things to the attention of those whom you desire to “help sharpen………biblically so that they may pray with greater accuracy”??

Sure, a scripture passage should be read in its context BUT most importantly, it must be understood in the context and purpose of the WHOLE Bible message. Otherwise you will be triumphantly brandishing the esteemed “context” which is actually out of the true context.

Blessings

2019/2/13 0:54Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: exegetical repercussions and hermeneutic applications

I had actually imposed upon myself a blogging moratorium, but this one post got me out of it.

I am glad there are some people who pray against the plight of their land.

America is at a stage where evil is called good and good evil. How much lower do you have to sink before there is an outcry? Is abortion at the moment of birth not enough to make us sick to the core?

This is bad enough, but pooring cold water on flames of passion for Jesus, prayer, fasting and pleading is quenching the Spirit. True worship will always draw religious critics out of their closets.

The Old Testament is an illustration of what the New Testament teaches, the two belong together. I am actually weary of those who never teach on the Old Testament.
The temple are the saints, the corporate temple of the Holy Spirit. The plagues are the ones described.

Heaven is shut up, there is little fire of the Spirit in America. Lots of fake fires and even more fruitless debates and soulless theology without works of the spirit. There are all sorts of plagues over America: Inner city no go areas, drug use out of control, sky high divorce rates inside and outside the church and so on..

Sister Frannie is spot on using these verses. This is not misrepresentation.

Dear Sister, I want to encourage you to keep on praying with your folks. Elijiah proved that even wood that has been drenched soaking wet will burn when the Lord sends fire.

Please also pray for us in Germany, because we lick up a lot of filth that comes out of corrupted pulpits in America.

2019/2/13 5:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Revival must begin in HIS HOUSE...

https://www.gotquestions.org/2-Chronicles-7-14.html

https://relevantmagazine.com/god/practical-faith/stop-taking-jeremiah-2911-out-context

2019/2/13 7:20Profile
cup

Re: God is not found in doctrine or exegesis.

God is not found in doctrine or exegesis; He is not known by ideas. We find Him only in the midst of our own hearts.

True Christianity is not the accurately applying the ETERNAL Word of God. We have the PERSON of Jesus Christ - The LIVING WORD living inside us.

2019/2/13 7:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You are speaking a half truth which is subtly deceptive. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17

2019/2/13 8:41Profile
cup

Re: True LIFE is the person of Jesus

John 5:39-40, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."

2019/2/13 9:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The sin of the Jewish leaders was intentionally rejecting what the scriptures plainly revealed.

“These are the very scriptures that testify about me.”

2019/2/13 10:06Profile
cup

The Law can not give LIFE

The ten commandments were God breathed but they could NEVER give LIFE!

The Sadducees and the Pharisees knew the scriptures but they did not know GOD!

2019/2/13 10:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy