SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Acceptance, Tolerance, and Respect for Women

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Acceptance, Tolerance, and Respect for Women

Ahaziah had become king of Judah in the eleventh year that Joram son of Ahab was king of Israel.

Jehu arrived in Jezreel. Jezebel, having heard what had happened, put on eye shadow, arranged her hair, and stood looking down at the street from a window in the palace. As Jehu came through the gate, she called out, “You Zimri! You murderer! Why are you here?”

Jehu looked up and shouted, “Who is on my side?” Two or three palace officials looked down at him from a window, and Jehu said to them, “Throw her down!” They threw her down, and her blood spattered on the wall and on the horses. Jehu drove his horses and chariot over her body, entered the palace, and had a meal. Only then did he say, “Take that cursed woman and bury her; after all, she is a king's daughter.” But the men who went out to bury her found nothing except her skull and the bones of her hands and feet. When they reported this to Jehu, he said, “This is what the LORD said would happen, when he spoke through his servant Elijah: ‘Dogs will eat Jezebel's body in the territory of Jezreel. Her remains will be scattered there like dung, so that no one will be able to identify them.’” 2 Kings 9:29-37

------------------------

I'm gonna go have lunch, and I will try to get back to anyone on the forum who has any comments on this.

Bon Appétit

2019/2/8 10:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Acceptance, Tolerance, and Respect for Women

I hope he washed his hands before eating.

The horses probably developed PTSD.

2019/2/8 11:05Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Acceptance, Tolerance, and Respect for Women

As I was eating...I read this.

I had a little laugh at the title in relation to the story.

But we both know this context has no bearing on acceptance, tolerance and respect for women.

The context is Jehu's new found power to make changes in Israel. Jehu knew of Jezebel's reputation and he knew she would never cooperate with him or honor Jehovah of Israel.

The palace officials also knew that if they didn't comply it would be their heads, Jezebel was the easy choice.

But we are under a new covenant, one that forbids our 'power plays' by executing those standing in the way of political or religious agendas. If God was so anointing men to do what Jehu did, Paul would have been the first one or maybe James to meet out God's divine judgments and pave the way for Christianity via executions.

When Christianity attempted to do as Jehu, we bare the black-mark of Inquisitions, Crusades etc that were religio-political acts.

Even John Calvin has been defamed for being an 'expert witness' to Severitus heresies, thereby sealing his execution.

It is when we do not raise our rifles to secure our position as a witness of Christ in the world that God sees to it our virtue is praised because his name was not polluted with dishonorable deeds.

As I review the context this story is not representative of women in general, religious women or even pagan women, it is representative of one woman who for the sake of power and honor for herself made an enemy of God and was in due time judged.

2019/2/8 11:26Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Jesus is our example who gave great respect for women but did not elevate them to places where they should not be. One example is there were 12 apostles none of them were women. He put women on a much higher level of respect then the society around him.

2019/2/8 12:02Profile
savannah

Re: one woman

Marv said,

"...this story is not representative of women in general, religious women or even pagan women, it is representative of one woman..."

------------------------

Thankfully, we've seen no woman (nor man, transgender, homosexual, or lesbian for that matter) before or after her, who is like her.😁

But, to some like (lady?) Gaga, the title of the thread accordingly does have much to do with the context of this story.

Do you not know what this modern day Jezebel said at her concert?

She said, "I am a christian woman."

She also said that Mike Pence is the worst example of a christian.

All this, to the cheers of the crowd who paid to hear her musing hellish noise.

Here's her own words,

"To Mike Pence, who thinks it's acceptable that his wife work at a school that bans LGBTQ, you are wrong. You say we should not discriminate against Christianity — you are the worst representation of what it means to be a Christian. I am a Christian woman and what I do know about Christianity is that we bear no prejudice and everybody is welcome. So you can take all that disgrace Mr. Pence and you can look yourself in the mirror and you'll find it right there.”

2019/2/8 12:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

For those old fooggies like myself, we look back to the 60-70's where celebrity rock stars were the 'voice' of the various political ideals. They also asserted moral and philosophical ideals as well, they were the megaphone for their fans and in a way captured the 'group think' that was trendy at the time.

Today, these celebrities know they can sway their fans to their own political views, all they need do is demonize whoever is drawing fire from liberals with that they have sold the crowd.

The true Christian demonized by the singer Gaga, is a mark of authenticity, if she would have praised him for aligning with her views, genuine Christians would have to question his Christian claims. Her claims, are what they are and the only reason anyone cares about what she says is because her celebrity status has provided a platform for her to praise or demonize whoever she wants.

Freedom of speech allows such a thing. It also allows our free critique and rebuttal to her claims.

Her 'mindset' is resident in many people, in our colleges students are finding it a good thing to silence dissenting views by banning their speech. The play for power is to gain the ascendency and with that silence your oppressors. Our colleges are becoming propagandist for liberal thinking and with that thinking comes suppression of free speech.

The very tool they are using to gain a position of power is the very tool they seek to remove from their dissenters. That tool is freedom of speech.

I remember speaking as bad or worse when I was living as an atheist, I didn't have the refined rhetoric they have now, but I had the same heart.

God is chastening his people, using a person with no other claim than a penchant for singing shows us even the flimsiest reed has its day of looking strong, but the winter comes and the wilt follows with it.

2019/2/8 14:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

" Mike Pence, who thinks it's acceptable that his wife work at a school that bans LGBTQ, you are wrong. You say we should not discriminate against Christianity — you are the worst representation of what it means to be a Christian. I am a Christian woman and what I do know about Christianity is that we bear no prejudice and everybody is welcome. So you can take all that disgrace Mr. Pence and you can look yourself in the mirror and you'll find it right there.” Gaga.

Savannah, you want to make me sick??I cannot stand this woman!!

Seriously...

This evening I was visiting with a friend who attends a different church then we do but we use the same SS curriculum and in the most recent quarter we have been studying out of Revelation. In the past many people shied away from studying Revelation because the events described therein were too horrifying to consider. However, now as we observe how wickedness is being promoted, lying becoming the norm, the judgments as outlined in Revelation seem justified. We are sick in our gut with the deterioration of modern society and I have concluded God is allowing us to witness this so we can say with the other departed saints, "how long, oh! LORD?"

But do wonder how on earth anybody can get to be as bad as Gaga and her kind...

Sandra

2019/2/11 21:32Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Marvin, your speech is to be at the direction of the Lord whether He shuts your mouth or opens it. No anti-Christian movement is our enemy no matter what the pundits and online commentators imply. The early church took the confiscation of their goods with joy being counted worthy to bear the sufferings of Christ. A core purpose for the Church is to be the manifestation of the wisdom of God to the Principalities and Powers. If one’s hope is free speech and the 2nd Amendment, your hope is not Christ it is in the wisdom of this age and men.

2019/2/12 13:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Jeremy: It might be I am apt to misplace my hope.

Nevertheless, I am a citizen of Heaven and the United States, as a citizen of both I seek to live by the privileges of both.

I do count the enemies of righteousness as my enemies. I do count the philosophies and ideologies of our day as an enemy to the Church and Jesus Christ. Since they are what they are, they are to be resisted. Passivity is for those who have nothing to lose. I have grandchildren, I have a son and daughter whom I want to see enjoy the same freedoms I have enjoyed by God's grace.

It might be that I must always check my placement of hope, but I also check to see where my heart is on many other matters. Since they too have a dual citizenship I want them to lived without persecution, harassment, depravation of rights. As long as there are any courts in our land that will administer justice to it's citizens I will seek for that justice and right treatment of the innocent.

I will not be a silent witness, or a coward that will not stand up to injustice and ignorance clothed in trendy ideologies. As long as I have that right as a citizen here, I will use it for my children's sake who must continue on after I enter glory.

2019/2/13 17:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy