SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Abraham & Lot - sermon from Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Abraham & Lot - sermon from Ravenhill

I've just listened to this sermon and he preaches that America is in trouble..
I feel like its no difference here in The Netherlands.

Like he said that the Bible needs to be brought back into the homes, prayer needs to be brought back into schools and homes..
I would love to have a family devotional at home here, but I'm alone there. There is no Bible reading, no real prayer with the family.

My dad told me that I could do that when I have my own family.

I'm glad there are people like Ravenhill, and more speakers with sermons that will keep you awake.
Last thing I want is to be rested in the fact that Jesus is not the center in my family.

In one point of his sermon he said this:
"Calvary became a tourist attraction. lots of people are going to calvary but not much on the cross"
I think its bad when I see people who think they have acomplished alot if they go to church once each week.

When the sermon was over I couldn't find words to pray. What could I say?
So I was quiet and a piece of text sprung up in my mind which I had read not long ago.

Quote:
[b]Matthew 23:38,39[/b] "[i]38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.[/i]

Crowds visited the temple. But what if Jesus leaves the temple?
Well I know that Jesus was almost to be crusified in Matthew 23 and that the temple was at the end of its use as Jesus would be resurrected as the one and only living temple.

Didn't the masses still go to the temple, while God had left the building?

Today the religious crowds go to the church, but is God there?
I'm worried about the church I go to, they will be starting with purpuse driving life too.
I don't see how that will change someone or why everyone is so enthousiastic about it.

Ravenhill hit the nail on the head when he said that people want sugar coated sermons.
hopefully I won't turn into Lot..
Won't you cool down fast if you stick around in lukewarm or cold environments?

You know what I think is weird? How come the elders or other people who are in my church haven't ever heard sermons like this? I mean, its not hard to look on the internet for a sermon.

Thank God for this place! Thank God that He can speak through some people like Ravenhill.

2005/7/7 10:46Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re: Abraham & Lot - sermon from Ravenhill

Be encouraged. God won't put us where he can't keep us. Light is most noticeable in darkness.

Though, the principle is true: the more we're around lukewarm and cold believers, the more likely it is to rub off on us.

Be careful and pray.

God bless,
Kendal

2005/7/7 12:12Profile
dohzman

Re:

Good insight and godly advice Brother. God Bless Bro. Daryl

2005/7/7 13:55Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
Be encouraged. God won't put us where he can't keep us. Light is most noticeable in darkness.

Indeed.. at start I was already happy I was going to church again. I figure that if I stay close to God in my personal life I won't chill down so easy.

Thanks for your reply.

2005/7/8 5:09Profile
Child-of-God

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
"I figure that if I stay close to God in my personal life I won't chill down so easy'

That's so true bro! Stay close to the source of life: Jesus Christ! Troubles in life can be hard and keep you away from Him, but most of all it's time! The Adversary will try to make your life as busy as he can, because he knows that that's what keeps you away from Christ. Be aware of that! It goes bit by bit. But when you stay close to Jesus, He can give you all that He really wants to give you! Be blessed bro!

SHALOM!

2005/7/27 9:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy