SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pray for the Uzbekistan Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pray for the Uzbekistan Church

(ASSIST News Services)
A member of a Pentecostal church in Tashkent has been tortured while in police custody following his June 14th arrest. According to Forum 18 News Service, other church members have been "summoned and threatened." Kural Bekjanov, 19, has been tortured both by police officers and cell mates in an attempt to pressure him to abandon his Christian faith. When his mother Gulya was finally allowed to see him at Tashkent city police station on June 26th, he had lost weight, had difficulty walking, and his fingers and legs were covered in blood. "Yesterday police threatened to put him on a chair wired up to the electricity-believe me, all this is happening," a church member told Forum 18. He was initially accused of being involved in the murder of a 65-year-old U.S. citizen of Korean origin, Kim Khen Pen Khin, who had worked with Pentecostal churches in Tashkent. Although the accusations against Kural were dropped two days after his arrest, church members told Forum 18 that when the police found out he was a Christian, they started to beat him. Protestants have complained of a widespread crackdown affecting churches across Uzbekistan.

Pray God will answer the prayers of the faithful to release this innocent man. Pray Kural's body will heal quickly as he rejoices in the Savior who has sustained him. Pray the Holy Spirit will use the example of Kural's steadfast faith to bring many into His Kingdom.

2005/7/6 20:34

Re: Pray for the Uzbekistan Church

Thank you for bringing this to attention. It is so sad to hear of these things. I am always surprised at the efforts the enemy goes to, to try to discredit the faith, and that he doesn't seem to see Christ's reputation suffers not at all. I will pray for this young man.

2005/7/6 21:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy