SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Interesting... what do you think?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Marvin

Thank you for your words of encouragement:)))
God is sooo good and faithful towards us, giving us grace to respond to Him in faith, being transformed by His love while led by His spirit:)

May His word abide in us richly ~

2019/1/12 10:20Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Quoting Marvin:
“Fletcher : your post was very well articulated. “

“What you have written is the best of the best that a believer can attain, a full communion with God, walking in a dependence, hearing of his voice, obedience to his word and freedom to live without the carnal mind pulling us sideways at every turn. “
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree,and loved this whole response that you wrote to Fletcher,
,Marvin ,.... this that you both are writing ,..if I may say, are truly deep things of God.
I appreciate you both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fletcher,
I just did not want to let this pass without commenting,...
I love this,... and your deep thought and encouragement to walk in “The Way” that really The Lord exspects of us,...

Thank you, Fletcher for truly reminding us.

And I would like to add,..(Not flattery).. but..

I hope that you are keeping all your thoughts/writing s ,
,... would be a great book .

Refreshing

Thank you Dear Brother s ,
Love in Christ,

——————♥️
elizabeth

2019/1/12 13:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you brothers and sister for your comments on this most important subject of fellowship.

The 1st epistle of John has always spoken to me about fellowship with God, how to maintain that fellowship, and how to restore fellowship when it is broken.

The Apostle John's main goal in this epistle is to show the child of God how to walk in fellowship with God.

"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete." (1 John 1:3,4).

The Apostle goes on to proclaim the message that He has heard from the Lord. "God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." All those that are walking in the light have fellowship with God and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. All those that are walking in darkness are out of fellowship or communion with God. When a believer sins he steps out of the light into the darkness and his fellowship with God is broken. However the good news is that we can have our fellowship restored by simply acknowledging our sin and confessing it to God. (1 John 1:9).

God made us to have fellowship and communion with Him, to live in His presence. To the degree that we are growing in the knowledge of God, to that degree will be the depth of our fellowship.

2019/1/12 19:23Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Sister Elizabeth

Good to hear from you:)
Have missed your contributions as of late...
And I am grateful for the encouragement:))

2019/1/13 21:08Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Mike

You wrote; “God made us to have fellowship and communion with Him, to live in His presence. To the degree that we are growing in the knowledge of God, to that degree will be the depth of our fellowship.”

Yes and amen!
Sometimes the simplicity of it all amazes me,.. my mind having been conditioned by self-preservation- tho when we see ourselves as crucified with Christ we can begin to see ourselves as alive to God:)))
Still the habits of the old man persist... yet the new man, enabled by Holy Spirit, receives the life that comes from fellowship with the Father through the love of His son:)))
I’m discovering that He gives/shares His love (Romans 5:5) for His son to us who are born again, having a new heart capable of receiving it, and it seems that this (Gods love for His son) is how we become partakers of His divine nature (love). Perhaps this is the “love of Christ” that Paul speaks of that transforms us into the image of the Son. Perhaps this is the fellowship/communion that the Father seeks and why Holy Spirit was given as without Him it would be impossible to facilitate or “process the software update” of Gods love for His son.
After being camped out in John 17 for an extended period it occurred to me that this is perhaps what Jesus was praying for - He seems to say as much in vs26 of that chapter....?
All at once it hit me...WOW!!! If God can give me His love for His only begotten son, and if I receive it and abide in it, becoming a partaker of it (their fellowship/communion) this is the very essence of all that is Holy, Righteous, Pure, innocent etc... my being transformed by it would only be limited by my willingness to yield myself to it- meaning I must die daily to the desires of my flesh/old man to go his own way (comforming to the world) and be renewed in the spirit of my mind by acknowledging God the Father first in every situation, seeking His word as the way in which to walk... waiting on Him to give that direction believing no matter how rushed or anxious I may feel to react to the situation, He can redeem the time!
All of a sudden verses that had previously alluded me in literal practice like; “take EVERY thought captive making it obedient to Christ”, “do ALL that you do unto the Lord”, “pray constantly, without ceasing giving thanks for all things for this IS Gods will for you in Christ Jesus” etc... became instantly practical within the context of this fellowship/communion that God the Father had sacrificed His Son to have restored with His children.
I mean GOD, the creator of all things, the one to whom the Stars bow before, the one who tells the the oceans to come here and go no futher, who tells the mountains to rise and fall AND THEY OBEY HIM!??!!???!!! This God has invited us into a fellowship so pure and holy so as to transform us by our very acceptance and participation that we are adopted into His family??!!!! And to think,... this is the pleasure of His good will- that we may know Him and His love! 🤯😃😇🙏🏻
I simply cannot contain it, it by its own volition, pours forth in praise and worship is the easiest and most natural thing, the only response I have to offer ~

2019/1/13 21:58Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I posted this in another thread I had intended to place it here. So I reposted it here because it is germane to the topic.

A pitfall of thinking of God only in terms of Omniscience, Omnipotent, Omnipresent...He's so big who can relate to a person who makes whole Galaxies?
All believers do to some extent, but what makes God approachable is Jesus Christ. People ate with him, laughed with him, slept with him, sat in his lap, laid on his bosom, he feels what we feel and understands our weaknesses.
This is necessary (in my mind) to begin a joyous fellowship with Jesus. A Jesus that will meet us in prayer, who will speak to us and who will listen to us.

aside:...It is a terrible thing when I hear some ministers teach that God will not speak to us anymore but by his word in the bible. They say if you want to hear God speak just read your bible. Well, I found out from reading my bible they're all wet. The bible tells us he will speak to his children by his Spirit, not just by reading. Did the prophets read God's intents or did he speak it to them? Did the apostle read God's intents or did they hear them?

To be in fellowship cannot be one sided or otherwise it is not fellowship. Our interaction with Jesus in prayer and worship, or during the day at work becomes dry and empty.
So many have never heard the Spirit speak to them and if they did, they would never say it out loud otherwise their Church leaders would think them heretical for getting "revelation outside of God's word".

Here's where you can pick up stones if you like.
We are all absolutely forbidden to add or subtract from the word of God. No question, but we do receive revelation about ourselves from the Spirit. It does not say in scripture Marvin you are called to "....." It's not in there. But the Spirit of God speaks to our own spirit what God is doing in us and with us.
What I heard I discern using the word of God so that I can have a witness that what I have heard is substantiated by scripture.

Scripture does not forbid God's voice to me, it requires that I discern it with scripture.

Until one decides that this sort of thing is valid in scripture and for themselves, they will put little to no faith in any active 'fellowship' that is not all one-sided. You know what I mean...We talk and that's it. We question, we search, we knock and ask and expect no response other than some providential convergence of events.

I am speaking here of the probability of God speaking, I am not saying God is going to talk your ear off next prayer time.

As a young believer I came to know this very early, when I was just a year-old believer, I was amazed at so many who never had what I had. If some of you recall, I was an atheist, I had ZERO religious background or expectations.
God begin to teach me his fellowship was not intercessions which means it's not about others. Its not about what I want from God, which means it's not about my needs. Fellowship with God is the adoration and enjoyment of his person right now, and the love and joy Jesus has for me/you right now. Fellowship is a 'now' thing. Fellowship is an interchange of emotion, love, words, desire with Jesus.

Fellowship is undertaken by faith. When you believe and set apart that time or you turn your heart and mind at work toward God and express yourself in silence, Jesus is there to continue what was had in a prayer closet.

Fellowship takes the relationship for 'granted', I don't come to Jesus as a stranger, nor do I come with a doctrine that says "Jesus your supposed to be here", or with an estranged heart that has become inward focused upon it's failures and sins so it cannot be at peace and know God.

My times of fellowship have always been times of revelation. They have been times of victory and direction giving. They have been soothing times when I was worried or fearful, they have been healing times when I was badly wounded and needed his love.

Sometimes I came to fellowship and I was a mess, sinful angry, rebellious and yet I did so because I believed he was merciful and kind, not just to others but to me, especially me. Jesus has been more than Lord or Savior, he has been my beloved and my hearts desire, I found this out in fellowship with him.

2019/1/22 11:57Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Dear Brother Marvin

How good is it when we are laid bare before the Lord? How He covers us, clothing us in the righteousness of His beloved Son:)

There are so many ways in which I can relate to your experience written here and am genuinely blessed by it... just feels raw, real, without any need other than to offer confession of Gods goodness and faithfulness and mercy and grace - His love :)

And yes this is what I mean by fellowshipping with Him~
Honestly there is nothing to compare it with as it supersedes all that is not of Him. The light of His love literally burns away all that is counterfeit, turning it to dust and ash, leaving only the splendor of His majesty which itself shines so brightly so as to illuminate life eternal.

Lord,... I just thank you for who You are.... for what You have already done for us through Christ Jesus.... for the invitation, for the adoption, for the eternal fellowship of the spirit that You oh Lord have caused us to become partakers of... for your patience, for your mercy.... for your unfailing love even and especially when we fail You- how it comforts us, lifting us again and again setting our feet firmly on Your promises and oh faces to behold Your Son, our Savior, our Lord, our friend and brother Jesus the Holy One.
Thank You oh Lord that you cause us to walk in Your ways, enabling us by Your grace, leading us by Your Holy Spirit to see You and know You as our Father.
Thank You oh Lord for Your Eternal Word...thank you that You lead us to find it... thank you that You open Your Word to us, revealing the Truth of Your Spirit as we turn to You... how Your Word shapes us as we consume it, making us more like You...
Thank You Father for the fellowship of Your body,... how You knit us together by Your Word, giving us comfort and encouragement and hope as we bear with one another in this life...
Thank You Lord for Your voice,... thank you that You give us ears to hear it, how it calls us out of the darkness, leading us into Your Kingdom... ever urging us to surrender, trusting it’s lead...
You oh God are soooo good to us,... You oh Lord are soooo precious,... You Almighty God are our Father and Your Joy is our pleasure~

Thank You for my brother Marvin, and for how he loves me:)

2019/1/22 22:16Profile
Elibeth

Re:

This is precious and beautiful,...
Surly identifies with my thoughts.

Love it,

1 Jn. 5:1,
“¶ Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.”

—————-♥️

elizabeth

2019/1/23 12:27Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother Fletcher:

To speak out praises, as easy as breathing, that is a blessing of fellowship with God. We fellowship in specifics just like your praises expressed, we see God's hand and goodness in a myriad of places and displayed in all manner of events. It is easy to multiply words of adoration, it is a double blessing because such praise and adoration are received of him. He seeks those who will worship in Spirit and Truth, and in fellowship we find out he created in us such a spirit and revealed his truth for that purpose.

Fellowship with God gives us vision to see afar off. There is a sort that have God in a sentimental way. These sentimental feelings are like cat-tails, where the small black bird can land upon and search for food. But men of God are like eagles, they cannot be born up with sentiments, they need the strength of a solid branch, so fellowship supplies a solid point, a place where the eagle looking afar off can see what God will supply.

Peter enjoins us with specifics "add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge temperance, to temperance patience, to patience godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, to brotherly kindness love. For if these things be in you and abound you will not be unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Theology in a sense looks at this and sees symmetry and balance the making of a man/woman of God. But fellowship may not always comprehend symmetry but it will apprehend the beauty of God's ways. Fellowship with God imparts a delight and desire for the ways of God, in a sense it adores the beauty of God's manner of making man/woman of God. The signature of a man's work is seen in his manner of performing his work. Fellowship imparts a love for the signature and the manner in which God works. There is a very personal distinction to be made rather than the observance of a 'thing'.

But this description is mostly husk, it's bone with no marrow. The life giving essence of fellowship with God is his own presence. The conveyance of God's love and the reception of God's lovingkindness at such a moment surpasses quaint explanations.

Fletcher my brother you have chosen that good part which Jesus identifies because in sitting in front of him you are encountering life and truth in one, rather than serving men.

2019/1/23 14:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Marvin

It’s funny how He sometimes turns us, taking us in a completely different direction - After your “reposted” response, I had cut/copied several excerpts intending to offer an intimate and detailed response tho the Lord had something different in mind:)
And yes dear brother, sometimes the sweetest fellowship is in silence, not needing words.

In some instances,... we don’t even know for sure it’s Him initially- perhaps we feel led to do something, tho only after acting on the influence and then being convinced it was the Lord we thank Him, only then to have Him bear witness in our spirit that it was Him all along, helping us to better discern His voice.

Something that is truly remarkable is just how many ways He interacts with us,... each of us having our own unique and personal experience of Him yet we share this corporately with the singular signifier being His word, which itself being alive, bears witness of itself in us:)))

Again this may not be “exactly” how your understanding of it works, and yet that itself is where the genius of Gods plan rests,... like He places a copy of His plan (Christ) in each of His children but in each case there are slight variations in how they/we are able to receive and process, with certain aspects being keyed to each individual. Together as a body, each of these aspects contribute to benefit the other:)
The more quiet I am, listening for His still small voice, catching glimpses of it- the more fascinated I become with Him:)))

Hahahaha, my 5 yr old just came down the hall (randomly) singing “the wise man builds his house upon the Rock, heyyyy don’t be a foolish man, build your life on the the Lord” and it is indeed the only life there is that lasts- the one built on the revealed word of God to His children ~

2019/1/24 8:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy