SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : 6. SELF-PROMOTION

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

6. SELF-PROMOTION

6. SELF-PROMOTION - Self-Promoting your own teachings or articles, sermons and videos is not encouraged in the forums. We have hand-selected over 50,000 audio, video and text resources on sermon index and we ask that the majority of the discussions centre around those materials provided. You can post another article or sermon from another source also long as its not contrary to the tenor of the materials on SermonIndex. But we ask that you do not promote your own audio sermon materials. 'Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth' (Proverbs 27:2).

I have been asked by Greg not to post my own articles on this forum. To be more specific not to post only my own articles on this forum. I believe that in doing so these last few days I am in breach of rule 6 SELF PROMOTION

Therefore as I came here with a mind to address a specific meaning, and have posted nothing that is in any way contrary to the overarching ambition of this site I must take it that my disobedience is wilful if not heretical. I can say that my posts have been wilful and therefore if wilful is disobedience and our faith is self deprecating so that these things of sharing have become so grave that self abasement to the point of talking endlessly about the same things and arriving at non of them, is ambitious, then so is the prophetic ministry a worthless vessel.

2018/12/28 22:08
Jeremy221

Re: 6. SELF-PROMOTION

Hi Robert, take this as a kind rebuke. Brother Greg is treating you as he expects to be treated. I encourage you to take part in the discussions and share your insight. The Lord has used this forum to humble us all and we’ve witnessed brethren transformed because of the love of Christ at work through one another. Press on, brother. It’s worth it.

2018/12/29 0:08Profile

Re: My Reply to Jeremy221

Rebukes are neither here nor there. Whether they are mild or harsh. Whether they are in a spirit of bearing with others' rebukes, when we give them, is also neither here nor there. What - are we children? As I said I came with a mind to express a specific meaning. I did not come for a discussion. So it is well enough that in a few short days I could have arrived at the same place that it took me 3 years to arrive at previously. You commented to me then also. Perhaps we would all be better placed in our growth if we first understood what is right under our noses before we imagine to know that which cannot be seen with our eyes at all.

2018/12/29 6:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hi Robert, take this as a kind rebuke. Brother Greg is treating you as he expects to be treated. I encourage you to take part in the discussions and share your insight. The Lord has used this forum to humble us all and we’ve witnessed brethren transformed because of the love of Christ at work through one another. Press on, brother. It’s worth it.

Yes, there are many forums out there in the internet with different rules, here on SermonIndex we have tried to encourage community interaction, unity, humility, godliness and the spirit of learning from each other. If everyone just posted their articles the site would just be used to promote their own sermons, messages ideas which is not the main intention of the forums.

I just want to be clear this is not to diminish the important of all of us sharing our own heart and ideas but I think that is important and I am glad for many saints who run their own blogs, write and share on facebook etc. It also just sets a standard that this site can be used for promoting anyone's messages or sermons rather than being a hand-chosen curated archive.

Quote:
I did not come for a discussion.

To be honest brother then it might not be the best place for you to participate, there are many other forums or sites that allow posting, sermoncentral.com for instance. or other Christian Forums even.

We do try and highly recommend people to read the forum rules when signing up. Please do not feel this is a rebuke in anyway but rather just the guidelines for the site of how we want it to run.

May God bless you.

2018/12/29 6:42Profile

Re: Openness and not hidden!

Brother

I did not rejoin SeromIndex to repost or post my sermons or articles. Nevertheless I did post some.. Moreover you did not ask me not to post my sermons or articles you asked me:

Quote:

Glad for your contributions on SermonIndex, I just wanted to let you
> know that I write this to everyone who contributes and shares personal
> links of their own church or ministry. We ask that in the forums
> people do not share their own ministry links or website links, this is
> obviously because of abuse and it is too hard to police this, so we
> ask for all members not to post their own ministry links on the
> forums.

Given that I posted a link, this one - https://new-beginnings.life/a-right-division/ (now removed by myself), which in internet terms means a link and not words, then I obeyed your request by posting words and not links. Moreover, I did that in specificity of particular posts and not randomly other than in two instances where I posted an article as a new article. Now I have given you an easy way out by saying that I did not come for a discussion. I came to speak to you Greg. Not to discuss endless points of doctrine or else theological ideas. They are worthless when they produce no outcome that upholds a stated aim to be more Christ like. And Christ was not a child. So we cannot escape with saying that we are children and thus embrace childish madness in order to be Christ like.

When the Lord speaks to you, you will answer Him. And when He speaks He will speak of being in the cleft or a rock. Then you will know why I came.

God Bless

Robert Chisholm

2018/12/29 7:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy