Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 'Lord of Christmas' sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

'Lord of Christmas' sermon

Recently, while at work, I was listening to BBN 'conference pulpit'. They played a sermon by George Gardiner I don't know which is the correct spelling. He passed away suddenly in 1984.

The sermon blew me away. I don't know why it is titled the way it is because there was no mention of Christmas in it. Instead he talked about following Jesus and gave those scenarios about let the dead bury the dead and follow me. He is looks back is not fit for the kingdom. He brought out things in this sermon that I never heard before in broad 'daylight'. It was a shame when it ended. He has a booming voice.

I don't think his sermons are in the Sermonindex library. I have not been able to find this sermon online yet.

This is the info that BBN gives on him on the day I listened to the sermon.

Quote:

George Gardiner: Lord of Christmas

George Gardiner was pastor of churches in Massachusetts and Ohio before he went to Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where he served for thirteen years. He was a popular Bible conference speaker and author of the book-”The Corinthian Catastrophe”. George Gardiner became a vocal and able apologist for the traditional, conservative view on the Holy Spirit and His gift. He passed away suddenly in 1984 at the age of 65.

BBN is playing 4 sermons this week from him.

I would like to find this sermon again otherwise I have to order it from BBN

2018/12/27 10:10Profile
cup

Re: 'Lord of Christmas' sermon

This is it.

https://bbn1.bbnradio.org/english/home/all-programs/conference-pulpit-various-speakers/conference-pulpit-wednesday/

2018/12/27 10:26Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Yes.........this is it. Glad you found it. I rank this sermon up there with '10 shekels and a shirt'

2018/12/27 13:05Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

A challenge that goes along with Art Katz "One thing you lack" http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12162&commentView=itemComments

Just listened to both back to back.....What will I do with these challenges???

2018/12/27 18:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy