SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PREDICTION

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

PREDICTION

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket.

We shall be able to witness and hear events—the inauguration of a President, the playing of a world series game, the havoc of an earthquake or the terror of a battle—just as though we were present...When the wireless transmission of power is made commercial, transport and transmission will be revolutionized. When wireless transmission of power becomes general, these methods will be as crude as is the steam locomotive compared with the electric train."

-Nikola Tesla, 1926

2018/12/26 18:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: PREDICTION

He probably had some demonic help in his words. But they are quite accurate. The Scriptures speak of end times activities also one passage in the prophet Daniel:

Daniel 12:4 New International Version (NIV)

4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

2018/12/26 20:40Profile
TrueWitness

Re: PREDICTION

My high school physics teacher made a statement (many years ago) that stuck with me. "New technologies and inventions can be used for good purposes or evil ones." I've heard other people say the same thing since then so I'm not suggesting that my physics teacher was the originator of that thought. And for all the amazing, wonderful, convenient and time saving things we are able to do using computers and the internet, I think ultimately we were given computers so that the system of the Beast will be able to control the whole world.

I watched a documentary on PBS (American Experience) about Tesla this week. He was a genius but very odd. He had OCD really bad. He had to circle around a building 3 times before entering it. He had to stay in hotel rooms and floors, the numbers of which were divisible by 3. He was single and would feed pigeons in the park. One pigeon he loved so much that when it died he said a part of him died too. He envisioned inventing a camera that could photograph your thoughts.

-Daniel

2018/12/27 9:52Profile
savannah

Re: demonic help

Greg,

You wrote,

"He probably had some demonic help in his words"

Just curious...why you might think that.

What purpose would a demon have in helping this man, who was a scientist among other things, write words about conclusions he came to after his study of the workings of technology.

If someone were to say that, "In the future men may invent a device which could ___________." (fill in the blank).

Does it necessitate a demon informant?

I am not sure how you connected the dots in this man's writing, and formed a demon.

If it were Edgar Cayce, I'd immediately connect those dots to form "the sleeping prophet demon", but that'd be another thread.

Here's another one to chew on;

“I firmly believe that before many centuries more, science will be the master of man. The engines he will have invented will be beyond his strengths to control. Someday science shall have the existence of mankind in it’s power, and the human race commit suicide by blowing up the world.”

Henry Adams - April 11, 1862.

2018/12/28 12:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy