SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Technical Question, Raspberry Pi Peer to Peer for SermonIndex

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Technical Question, Raspberry Pi Peer to Peer for SermonIndex

Saints,

This might get read by a technical person who uses SermonIndex. I am looking into the idea to create an ISO image file that can load to a micro SD card and put into a Raspberry Pi which can plug into users routers around the world.

Essentially what I am looking to see can happen is a peer to peer network that would setup nodes to help host the SermonIndex website and or media files. It would need to be plug and play for the end user to simply just plug it into a power source and into their router to help out SermonIndex in hosting the site in a decentralized format.

Is this possible, I have ideas on how to possibly make it work. A lot of users have offered to host such things in the past.

You can email me directly also to converse about this if you have ideas: [email protected]

2018/12/22 9:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Technical Question, Raspberry Pi Peer to Peer for SermonIndex

Saints, I am also trying to find a christian who can develop a Wordpress plugin to
allow any Wordpress site to add speakers and have the sermons
downloaded to their own site, so they can select what speakers they
want and have a mini-sermonindex site on their own site =). Do get in touch with me or forward this to any believers you know that do Wordpress Plugin Development.

2018/12/22 9:52Profile
Llewellyn

Windhoek, Namibia

Re: Technical Question, Raspberry Pi Peer to Peer for SermonIndex

Greetings brother this is very easy to do, I have used raspberry PI's for all kinds of things over the years, nice little toy :)

So yes your idea could work there is a few hurdles but it is completely doable. I have been working much with this tool called [lsyncd](https://github.com/axkibe/lsyncd) that is like a self hosted Dropbox concept. Really powerful across networks and internal servers.

I will email you with some more details.

2018/12/22 11:12Profile
Llewellyn

Windhoek, Namibia

Re: Wordpress plugin

About the Wordpress plugin, I can build it for you brother.

Will you have a selected set of sermons? or all sermons?

2018/12/22 11:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

My thought was to offer all sermons to be added or at least a selection of best speakers.

2018/12/22 12:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Keep praying over this and if anyone has technical skills in this direction let me know, there are brothers who are helping currently so that is a great blessing.

2018/12/25 20:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Do keep these things in prayer, there is a brother who is committing to try and help actualize some of these things. Praise God.

What we might need is some people who would want to commit to host a small box they plug into their router to help host a node of the SermonIndex network!

2018/12/27 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy