SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : art katz's testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
free

art katz's testimony

I was moved to tears watching Art Katz on video recounting his search for direction in his life. He came to his knees when a stranger gave him (a wet hitchhiker) what he needed (a ride on a rainy night and I think a meal as well) This stranger also told Art in very simple terms - What the world needs is people willing to wash feet. He told Art Katz what he needed to hear and supported it by his action of "washing" of Art's feet.

Action always speak louder than words. Before I became a Christian, I was often put off by people who sprout Bible verses at me. Art Katz's stranger whom he called "angel" is a model to me i.e. to say very little and instead give others what they need, a meal, a helping hand, a listening ear without the fear of "wetting my car".

2005/7/5 12:49Profile
JakeforJesus

Dallas, Texas

Re: art katz's testimony

Free --- I had very much enjoyed hearing his personal testimony too.

But I would like to hear yours also.

How did it come about that you came to faith in Jesus?

As for your mentioned of the person being an Angel. Of course, that's possible. However, based on what he said. It's a still a mystery to him. Only for reasons of never to have been able to locate the person sometime after when he tryed to locate him.

I came to faith in Jesus in 1983, at age 32.

Over the years, even before I came to faith in Jesus, and also thereafter. There had been some incidents in which I can look back on now and to have thoughts at times was that a man or an angel?

I believe there are many of us who may have had thoughts like that at times.

2005/7/5 19:45Profile
free

Re: art katz's testimony

JakeforJesus,

You asked:

How did it come about that you came to faith in Jesus?

It was a little over 11 years ago. On the surface, everything was going well in my life. But there was always this huge emptiness that could never be filled. When my mother fell very ill, my world sort of collapsed. A friend who had been a long time Christian told me of a wonderful book she was reading. It was Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Well, I came to accept Christ somewhere within the pages of that book. Especially the part where I was confronted by the question of whether I should take Jesus as who He said He is or a liar and worst.

I know that the Lord would have saved me any other way, He is so creative. But the fact that my friend did not preach to me or give me a mouthful of religious jargon at a time I was not ready, was indeed helpful. I understand that each subject has its own vocabulary but we Christians must watch that we simplify our language when there is an unbeliever around. Religious "lingo" can isolate others, make us exclusive by turning ourselves into a sub-culture and also make us sound downright self-righteous.

Anyway, accepting Christ was not a moment too soon as I prayed the sinner's prayer with my mother at her death bed. BTW thats another testimony. I was so new a Christian then and I knew nothing about the " sinner's prayer". I just knew that my mother needed to say those words that was simply put into my mouth and she repeated after me. It was only years later that I discovered that that is the very prayer one needs to pray to accept Jesus.

2005/7/6 4:14Profile
JakeforJesus

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Hi, Free.

Thank you for sharing your personal testimony.

May the Lord be very gracious to you!

2005/7/6 17:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy