Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : SOULWINNING

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

You are right, I don't think you can win souls without being led by the Holy Spirit. Doesn't the Holy Spirit convince on sin?

Dorcas makes a good point to, most of us has probably been used by God to make a difference in someone's life that eventually may lead that someone will get saved. Without us knowing.

What did Jesus tell His discipels? Go and make all the nations to my discipels. Seems watertight to me, as that makes us discipels too.

2005/7/10 8:32Profile

Re:

Yea, being led by God is much better than doing it on your own. More fruit, more truth, more POWER..that Paul and all the apostles new of.

I love Jesus..

2005/7/10 14:36
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Yes, soulwinning must be Spirit led. And the Spirit of God spoke to us when Jesus said "go." The starting gun went 2000 years ago.

If any of you brothers are waiting for the clouds to part and hear, "Frank, go unto all the world and preach the gospel to every creature," you're going to be waiting for some time.

Don't wait for a spiritual experience, Christ said, "go."

Let's pray for one another that we would win more and more to the Lord. Every person we pass is a potential convert. If you are witnessing, keep on, if you're not, start with one. You won't regret it.

PROMISE OF HIS:

PRESENCE Matthew 28:19/20 I am with you always
PROTECTION Mark 16:15/18 it shall not hurt them
PROGRAM Luke 24:47 repentance and remissision of sins should be preached
PEACE John 20:19-23 Peace be unto you
POWER Acts 1:8 You shall receive power

List from Curtis Hutson sermon entitled "Christ and His Co-Workers" given at a Sword of the Lord Conference

2005/7/11 21:52Profile

Re:

Quote:

letsgetbusy wrote:

Don't wait for a spiritual experience, Christ said, "go."

I agree yet disagree with this statement. If your waiting on the Spirit, keep waiting. Christ said to WAIT until they received POWER from Above. No one should preach the gospel without the power of God, which MAN do and very little fruit come forth, fruit is fruit ...yes..but not the way Christ intended us to preach.

Now, if you have received the Spirit, there is no need to wait any more, you dont need a 'new' filling or nothing, PREACH...pray pray pray. Go Go Go, one-on-one is simple, nerve wrecking at first. But keep this in mind, anyone who is in the world, WANTS OUT, if they realize the need of getting out. Also, most people kinda have the 'bored' mantality, and are willing to talk/debate over anything cause they are BORED. And heck, you could find yourself another christian, and exchange stories, or encourage them to witness with you.

Love ya bro.

2005/7/13 0:59
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
Yes, soulwinning must be Spirit led. And the Spirit of God spoke to us when Jesus said "go." The starting gun went 2000 years ago.

Actually Jesus didn't say "Go". The greek translated "Go" is actually in the passive and not the imperative and should be translated "having gone" therefore this is not the part of His statement that contains the commandment. The Greek verb, however, that's in the imperative is "make" disciples. Jesus said, "Having gone into the world, MAKE disciples of all nations..."

The sense here is that the going has already been accomplished in the fact that they lived in the world. This then should mean that where ever we find ourselves at the present moment we should "MAKE" disciples and not wait around till we're sent off to some foreign land some day.

2005/7/13 1:12Profile

Re:

Is the word 'Go' truly passive??

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/4/1121231748-6778.html

Outline of Biblical Usage..

1) to lead over, carry over, transfer

a) [b]to pursue the journey on which one has entered, to continue on one's journey[/b]

b) to depart from life

c) to follow one, that is: become his adherent

1) to lead or order one's life
For Synonyms see entry 5818

2005/7/13 1:17
jeremyhulsey

Re:

The word "Go" its self may not be, but you have to remember the context. Jesus didn't say, "Go", He said, "Having gone." In the context of what he was saying to His disciples Going was assumed, but Making disciples was commanded.

2005/7/13 1:24Profile

Re:

oh okay, that makes more sense. Actually sounds better that way ;)

2005/7/13 1:31
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Hulsey,

Sir, I must respectfully disagree. I would not be true to self to not do so, my brother. I am a believer than Scripture is in plain language to plain people. I reference Greek and Hebrew sometimes, but I don't think this is necessary here. I read that Jesus said, "Go" in Mark 16:15 and then in verse 20, "they went forth." Jesus commanded that they all "go" and they all "went forth."

The greek "Eis" means towards. Translated "on" for "he that believeth on me." I understand what Strong's lexicon says as an explanation, but read the definitions of "eis": into, unto, to, towards, for, among. It is a clear command in my opinion to go forth.

This is why I disagree when you say, "going was assumed." They were sitting around when he came to them in Mark 16. The reason he said "go" is because he was upbraiding them (scolding) for their unbelief and hardness of heart (v14). If the only begotten Son is getting on someone's case, I don't see him saying, "having gone." He was telling them the same thing the angels said in Acts 1:11, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?" They were implying to "get going."

Jesus implied the same thing when he told them by the well in John 4:35, "Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." The disciples were discussing how they should tarry because they did not want to pick converts while they were "green." But Jesus was telling them not to wait any longer.

So, Hulsey, I respect that you have a different take on the wording, but I do see it differently.

Yesh, I think I know where you are coming from. I think we should get knowledge with zeal. Remember, though, that John Wesley crossed the Atlantic three times as a missionary before he was even converted at age 35. But for the next 53 years he was a raging inferno for God!

2005/7/13 2:00Profile

Re:

It's late...so that might be why right now im all 'bonkers'. Thanks, thats why im glad this is a FORUM and not 1-on-1..

2005/7/13 2:11

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy