SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Faith-based groups say fighting created humanitarian crisis in Yemen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Faith-based groups say fighting created humanitarian crisis in Yemen

AMMAN, Jordan - Catholic and other faith-based aid groups are urging an end to fighting in Yemen, where three years of war have created a humanitarian crisis, including “the world’s largest food security emergency,” according to the United Nations.

Children are bearing the brunt of Yemen’s conflict, the U.N. warned, with 80 percent of them in desperate need of aid and 2 million suffering from acute malnutrition.

“We were shocked about the numbers coming out of Yemen on famine and starvation, especially of children under the age of 5,” said Giovanna Reda of the British Catholic aid agency CAFOD, a member of the Caritas network.
Reda expressed concern that if the conflict continues to spiral, it will unfold into a “protracted humanitarian crisis.”

“God has created each person on this earth with purpose, dignity and worth. Whenever he sees people suffering, his heart is broken,” Harper said. “But he has also given people, like myself, resources and abilities, and I need to steward them in such a way that actually supports those in need, whether it is in my own neighborhood or halfway across the world.”'

read more: https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2018/04/26/faith-based-groups-say-fighting-created-humanitarian-crisis-in-yemen/

2018/11/22 19:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Faith-based groups say fighting created humanitarian crisis in Yemen

Are any saints on SI aware of good Christian groups that are reaching out to feed children in Yemen?

It hurts my heart that in North America we are filling our stomachs but as we speak children are starving in Yemen,.

2018/11/22 19:32Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

The last I heard all foreigners were kicked out about 5 years ago when the fighting got really intense. This included long term groups that had been there for decades through thick and thin. Even the Southern Baptists who established a hospital in Jiblah decades ago have handed it over to the Yemeni several years ago.

2018/11/22 23:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy