SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is a Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

What is a Christian?

Question:

What is a Christian?

2018/11/21 0:38Profile
cup

Re: What is a Christian?

A Christian is a person who actually has the person of Christ living, abiding and dwelling within them.

A Christian is connected to Christ who is their Life and never ending unlimited supply of Love, Holiness, Faith, Righteousness, Peace and Joy. They now have the person of Christ living, dwelling and abiding within them and HE is now giving everything that is needed to experience His complete and full salvation. They are in COMPLETE UNION with Him. They no longer have to "do things" to get Him to work, to bless, to give them a sense of His presence. It is His life of ceaseless and infinite power, love, and holiness being imparted within them every second of every day. They are just a vessel, branch or container of God's Life within them.

This is not a doctrine, a concept, a teaching, an idea, a custom, a principle to embrace or follow. IT IS THE VERY PERSON OF CHRIST inside you NOW!!

A Christian has been one (truly united with God and Christ) by the work of God in Christ and not by anything he has done.

A Christian has Christ within them and living as them. So they do NOT have a Christ who is heaven, or over there or beside them. It is not even a Christ who is inside of them but lives in a separated compartment. NO! A Christian is so fully united with Christ that there is NO separation between them because they are ONE.

Now I have the LIVING person of Christ Abiding, Living and Dwelling within me. I am one with Christ and Christ is one with me. I abide in HIM and HE abides in ME. He is NOW my continuous and second by second living Savior. I am SAVED by His eternal LIFE that just keeps unfolding every moment. I have the river of Life that just keeps flowing within me outward to others.

My Jesus is alive, divine, and ascendant above everything else that exists and He lives in my heart. He is in me and fills every part of me full. I do not live alone. Everything I am is this Jesus, everything Jesus is fills me. Jesus is my Life; I have no other life. I am infused and completely saturated with HIS LIFE.

2018/11/21 8:26Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

A Christian is a New Creation, born again, not of the will of man nor the flesh but of God, by the Spirit, born from above.
A Christian is a walking breathing miracle.
A result of "that which man could not do due to the weakness of his sinful flesh, God did..."

2 Corinthians 5 verse 17,18a: "Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new. And all things are of God Who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ..."

2018/11/21 9:02Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Vern,
Amen!

2018/11/22 6:53Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi William,
Amen!

2018/11/22 6:54Profile
dohzman

And the disciplines were called Christians first in Antioch. Not the way we look at discipleship but more in line with The mindset of one from the Middle East.

2018/11/22 12:07Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Dear brother Miller,

Much appreciate if you can elaborate on what you wrote.

Blessings.

ADD:

Acts 11:26 -- ……….and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

A Christian is a disciple. What is a disciple?

What distinguishes a Christian from a non-Christian? Is it not his very life and walk and faith in Christ?

2018/11/22 17:15Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Acts 26:28 –
Agrippa replied to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me ((((( to become a Christian )))))."

Verse 29 –
And Paul said, "I would wish to God, that whether in a short or long time, not only you, but also all who hear me this day, might ((((( become such as I am ))))), except for these chains."

What is a Christian? To become such as Paul was.

This is the heart of Paul’s Christianity:

(1)
Transferred from the domain of darkness to the kingdom of God’s beloved Son.

Acts 26:17-18 –
……… I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.

Col. 1:13-14 –
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

(2)
A new creation in Christ Jesus

2 Cor. 5:17 (Berean Literal Bible) –
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, the new has come into being.

Ezek. 36:26-27 --
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

John 3:5-7 –
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'”

(3)
No longer I who live but Christ lives in me through the Holy Spirit who indwells me

1 Cor. 3:16 –
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

John 14:16 –
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:20 –
In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

Gal. 2:20 –
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

2 Cor. 6:16 –
For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.”

Eph. 2:22 (Berean Study Bible) –
And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.

2 Cor.13:5 -
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

(4)
That I may gain Christ

Phil. 3:7-11 –
But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

(5)
Filled up to all the fullness of God in Christ

Eph. 3:17-19 –
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

John 1:16 –
For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.

Gal. 4:19 –
My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you--

Eph. 4:13 –
until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

(6)
Not yet perfect but pressing on to lay hold

Phil. 3:12
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

(7)
Christ in us, the hope of glory

Col. 1:26-27 –
that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

2 Thess. 2:14 –
It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2018/11/22 20:55Profile
dohzman

Re:

Today we say a little prayer and it done. Not back than. A disciple was one who completely abandoned his entire life to follow and become like his master/teacher. He would memorize not only the words spoken , but how they were spoken , every jesture every pause , in every way the disciple would completely lose themselves and become as close as possible a mirror reflection of his master. Throw in the mix the call to take up the cross and now you have a disciple. The scripture you noted was a good biblical foundation. Christians are in every way to be little Christs in this world, in word and deed a mirror reflection of Him.

2018/11/23 22:33Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Was it by their own might and power or by the Holy Spirit?

Was theirs a house of prayer?

Is it by faith that we will see the glory of God? -- John 11:40

Is it impossible with men and it is only with God that these things are possible?

ADD:

"The scripture you noted was a good biblical foundation."

What do you build on this "good biblical foundation"?

ADD:

I am already the house for Christ to live in. I must now fill every room in the house (that is, every part of me) with the treasures of Christ -- His life, His love, His holiness, His righteousness, His wisdom and all His riches which are unimaginable. Not by my own might or power but by the Holy Spirit. And all by grace through faith.

2 Cor. 3:14 --
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

1 Cor. 1:9-10 –
but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."
For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

ADD

Are we to follow the mindset of one from the Middle East OR have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16)??

2018/11/24 1:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy